Got My New Atrix 2 today..

Search This thread

Hondo209

Dec 20, 2010
THE209
How can I put stuff on my internal flash drive? I can't seem to access it. I want to put my music or other things on it, I can only get into my external.

Last edited:

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Go do a google search for motorola medialink I think it is called, this will allow you to sync your music and photos to your phone's internal storage.

Jim

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Reactions: Hondo209

Gadgetz

Jun 5, 2011
How can I put stuff on my internal flash drive? I can't seem to access it. I want to put my music or other things on it, I can only get into my external.
You don't have an internal flash drive, Moto didn't shove one of these inside the phone
FVL0CO7FAQDX9CU.MEDIUM.jpg

As for your internal storage (get your terminology right!), it is ONLY used for app storage. You can't access it or store anything else there.

Jimmy273

Jan 22, 2011
Don't be too hard on the newbies, it's an honest mistake.

Sent from my MB865 using XDA App

Hondo209

Dec 20, 2010
THE209
You don't have an internal flash drive, Moto didn't shove one of these inside the phone
FVL0CO7FAQDX9CU.MEDIUM.jpg

As for your internal storage (get your terminology right!), it is ONLY used for app storage. You can't access it or store anything else there.

Don't be a doucher, i'm not a n00b. Just because I got the "term" wrong dumbass..

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Don't be a doucher, i'm not a n00b. Just because I got the "term" wrong dumbass..

Wow that was kinda harsh, I am sure he did not mean to imply anything insulting.

We have just have had a rash of issues with newbies jumping in way over their head lately, and those of us that have been here helping out are starting to see a new pattern of the same stuff coming up over and over, and over again, without doing any research on their own. Hence the shortness of the replies lately, that we tend to give now, to a lot of things. Please just excuse us for that, it is not meant as a knock, just that we are a little frustrated with how frustrated people seem to get with things not being farther along for this phone than they are. Those of us, working in here, feel everyones pain, but we also are working hard to make this phone better.

However since you did just get the Atrix 2 you are technically a newbie in this forum, and that is not a slight or a nock, and I knew what you meant earlier about internal storage vs your sd card, and like I had stated medialink is the best choice, but however everyone is correct, that the internal 4GB is just for app storage, and a few other things that only the phone can access.

To be more successful, we all need to work together and not have fighting and so much back and forth, sometimes just let things roll off your back. We are just a frustrated as the rest of you here, about getting things we all want, and we are working towards that, including people like 916x10, remember we give our time freely to make this device better for everyone here, if you eliminate some of us, this phone will die a quick death with development.

Last edited:

frycook15

Feb 25, 2010
Las Vegas
www.usmclan.com
And its not difficult to search the ATRIX 2 forums there's not a huge number of topics and before doing anything for me atleast its common sense to read before doing anything to your device and even then its a your own discretion

Sent from my MB865 using XDA Premium

okachowwa

Jan 18, 2011
Louisiana
It can still be called an internal flash drive, however, because it is flash memory. Unless you have a cool phone like me with a SATA drive in it.

jimbridgman

Dec 21, 2007
Dallas, TX
Now there's a thought. Hey Jim can you get your Ubuntu hack to recognize a external drive through USB?

Sent from my MB865

Let me do a little research, the ability is in android to allow the fat32 partition,to be seen from usb. There is a link back to the sdcard fat32 partition, from /osh so I am sure there is way, give me a day or two and I will see what I can come up with.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Go do a google search for motorola medialink I think it is called, this will allow you to sync your music and photos to your phone's internal storage.

Jim