The HP Touchpad Fire sale MASTER Thread

Search This thread

tprime76

Jun 28, 2006
I just ordered from the woot sale as well. I'm pretty psyched to see how much faster this thing is than my Nook Color.

It is MUCH faster than the Nook Color. My wife and I both had CM'd Nook Colors and, when I was able to get a couple 32GB TP on the 2nd firesale we switched. Everything about the TPs is faster and better. The only drawback might be the size; if you read a lot on them, the Nook Color is lighter and easier to hold with one hand (like a paperback).

You will be happy with your purchase.

nickcv

Jan 9, 2012
Herndon, VA
It is MUCH faster than the Nook Color. My wife and I both had CM'd Nook Colors and, when I was able to get a couple 32GB TP on the 2nd firesale we switched. Everything about the TPs is faster and better. The only drawback might be the size; if you read a lot on them, the Nook Color is lighter and easier to hold with one hand (like a paperback).

You will be happy with your purchase.

I usually hold printed books with two hands, so that's no big deal. I'm just looking forward to having a keyboard my fingers can actually type on. My girlfriend gets the Nook, so everybody wins.

floot_roops

Oct 21, 2011
Bought a 32gb with the Woot sale. Yup, refurb and more than the fire sale, but it seems likely the best we're going to get (those of us who missed out before). I've gone back and forth on whether I even have a use for a tablet (with a sony reader, a very light toshiba 13in laptop, and a Galaxy S II), but I've been toying with the idea just for something to play around with.

I liked the Tablet S for the PSN aspect (and the ability to use a DualShock is just awesome), but I'll be getting a Vita regardless, so the Tablet S was just pure money-wasting indulgence...

This is also pretty much money-wasting indulgence, but at least it's less money! :)

Looking forward to playing around with all the cool stuff the XDA community creates.

50u5k3

May 16, 2007
Also W00ted a 32 gig

I wooted a 32 gig in the sale as well. I know I overpaid a bit but I think that the Touchpad is well worth it especially with all the devs that are working on it.

civci05

Jan 3, 2011
I got it for 99€ and yes, for this price and the possibilities and the power ist great! maybe other tablet have miniHDMI or mSD-slot...but i just paid 99€ - it doesnt matter ;D

BoulderGeek

Sep 9, 2010
The Touchpad has only recently moved up from "meh, cheap toy" to "hey, this thing works well!"

Under Cm9.2, it was OK. Cm7 sucked.

Now, with the new "cherrykang" ROM, everything is great. I now almost like it as much as the Samsung Galaxy Tab!

Sent from my GT-P7510 using Tapatalk

simbo64

Oct 24, 2011
HP Touchpad 32gb

Hi there, if anyone knows where I can pick one of these up from for less than $200 it would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks

iLogann

Mar 13, 2012
Columbus
Just got me a 32GB touchpad with the Targus Truss case for $160 off craigslist. Installed ICS on it, (I LOVE WebOS though) best purchase i've made in a while, considering selling my iPad 2.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I know it would need a lot of trust, but I'd be willing to go back to Best Buy if people want me to grab them one. Any takers? I might be able to convince a co worker to go too. They only allowed the both of us one this morning, but said they had plenty.
    This is a beautiful case study in freedom based economics.

First HP set the price too high. So there was high supply and low demand, which resulted in a surplus. Then HP sets the price too low, so we have high demand and low supply, which results in a shortage.

It looks like most HP Touchpads are going for $275ish on eBay. That is the price the market (people) have set. No surplus, no shortage. That is the price HP should be selling these for.

Blame HP for allowing people to hoard their product. Not the hoarders.
    HP TouchPad Available for $99 on Amazon!

The HP TouchPad is available through Amazon.
    The seller is OnSale. (They are in association with MacMall and PCMall.)

Links:

16GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/Smartbuy-Touc...ess/dp/B0056UOUC8?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

32GB:
    http://www.amazon.com/HP-FB356UT-QU...ess/dp/B0056UOUHS?t=slickdeals&tag=slickdeals

They are IN STOCK AS OF AUGUST 21, 2011 4:21 pm PST.

Get it fast! The last sale on Amazon only LASTED 4 MINUTES.

Reasons to Buy:
    16GB was $400 before and 32GB was $500 before!
    And I heard XDA Developers are creating an Android port.
    Get a free 50GB Box.net for life!
    Not for Sure: HP gives a 1-year manufacture's warranty.

All Credits go to "iconian" of Slickdeals for finding the deals.
    Link: http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=3220862#edit41815736

- DongDoeMan
    From their Facebook post:

Newegg.com
    Hi Fans! We want to let you know we are aware of the recent price drop on the HP Touchpads. We also want you to know that we will be reaching out via e-mail very soon to offer an appropriate price adjustment to all of our customers who have purchased HP Touchpads from Newegg – regardless of the date of purchase.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience as we work through the details!

Keep an eye out, they have quite a few of them!!