I'll be getting a thunderbolt tomorrow. It's no rezound but still w good phone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

nitsuj17

Inactive Recognized Developer
Aug 24, 2010
PA
I'll be getting a thunderbolt tomorrow. It's no rezound but still w good phone

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk

my wife has a bolt (extended battery) and even with 4g now i wouldnt trade my inc2 with her...she barely makes it through the day and the screen looks washed out

i think wvga res shouldnt have been on any phone larger than 4 inches

from a development standpoint, its been abandoned by virtually all of its better devs as well

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor
I'm jumping ship from the DInc2 here in a month or so. The moment the Sprint OneX/EVO variant is announced for pre-order, I'm on it. I'm not activated with Verizon anymore, I had to cancel service and I lost my unlimited data plan, which suuuuuuuucked, but oh well. VZW just got too expensive, and with their new upgrade fees, they don't really have a competitive price edge versus other carriers anymore. Plus, Sprint is deploying LTE pretty soon, which is a perk for them for me.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

faehsemc

Jun 25, 2011
Titusville
I'm jumping ship from the DInc2 here in a month or so. The moment the Sprint OneX/EVO variant is announced for pre-order, I'm on it. I'm not activated with Verizon anymore, I had to cancel service and I lost my unlimited data plan, which suuuuuuuucked, but oh well. VZW just got too expensive, and with their new upgrade fees, they don't really have a competitive price edge versus other carriers anymore. Plus, Sprint is deploying LTE pretty soon, which is a perk for them for me.

I would go sprint.. but in Florida and Georgia, they have the worst coverage period...

Sent from my Incredible 2 using xda premium

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA

i think if you have to jump carriers, sprint is the only wtg currently cuz you can still get unlimited data from them

their competitive edge has slipped a lot financially the last year or so with cutting discounts and increasing fees but still a very good option

unless you live in an lte launch area for them though i wouldnt count on that service being available for awhile...sprint doesnt seem to be strong enough financially to make a rapid expansion possible

Reactions: RegnierD

jbarcus81

Jul 30, 2010
Marietta, OH
Samsung Galaxy Watch 5
i think if you have to jump carriers, sprint is the only wtg currently cuz you can still get unlimited data from them

their competitive edge has slipped a lot financially the last year or so with cutting discounts and increasing fees but still a very good option

unless you live in an lte launch area for them though i wouldnt count on that service being available for awhile...sprint doesnt seem to be strong enough financially to make a rapid expansion possible

I would have jumped ship a long time ago to Sprint but their coverage in my particular area, 45750, is strange at best... technically my locale is roaming but they don't charge for the roaming.. voice coverage is 100% and phenomenal but data is where it starts to change a bit.. as you can see I'm the push pin and well just have a look..

V7bfz.png

// Sorry, not trying to hijack the thread!!!!

Last edited:

nitsuj17

Aug 24, 2010
PA
Comparative to all Sprint ranked slowest for 3g and LTE speed.

its all relative to your location i guess....but i would definetly try out any new carrier for how ever long the option is (30 days for sprint maybe?) and if performance is bad then at least you know for yourself

Linch89

Jul 11, 2011
Jacksonville
I'm thinking about jumping ship as well I have 3 lines with Verizon only one is being used my phone bill is 200 a month! But I wouldn't go with another HTC as much as I love this one and my old Inc I hate sense that much. I got my inc2 as a replacement in july for my og Inc and I immediately alpharev'ed and threw on cymod

aeroevan

Oct 22, 2011
I'm thinking about jumping ship as well I have 3 lines with Verizon only one is being used my phone bill is 200 a month! But I wouldn't go with another HTC as much as I love this one and my old Inc I hate sense that much. I got my inc2 as a replacement in july for my og Inc and I immediately alpharev'ed and threw on cymod

It sounds like sense 4 is better, but I'll be putting AOSP/CyanogenMod on any phone I get, and I like HTC's build better than Samsung and locked boot loader means no Motorola for me.

Sent from my Incredible 2 using XDA

Reactions: RegnierD

RegnierD

Inactive Recognized Contributor

I live in a suburb of Columbus, OH, which is an LTE launch area, so I'm hoping it'll perform well. That have pretty decent coverage around here, too. I know several people with HTCs on that network that have let me root their phones for them and got all nerdy about it like I did. I know their LTE network will be new though, so any hiccups there are understandable, for a time.

I'm sad to lose the reliability of Verizon's CDMA network, but, (un)fortunately, the time has come.

joefrog1996

Oct 7, 2011
When i get some extra cash, I'll be buying rezound. Especially now that s-off is released and the process is extreme for most newb's. Which i think is a good thing.

I know too many people who like this phone more than there resound.

I now this Guy who has a stock Rezound and he likes my phone better. (My phone is running 7.2 kang)

Don't waist your money

ericsignals

Sep 30, 2010
Buffalo
When i get some extra cash, I'll be buying rezound. Especially now that s-off is released and the process is extreme for most newb's. Which i think is a good thing.

The method isn't that extreme....just check out the main and Q&A section.....tons of pointless threads regarding it, That being said, I have an inc2 and moved to rezound. My battery life is comparable on 3g...extended battery lasts me all day even on LTE..one thing I miss from inc2 is the built in fm radio app (headphones and no need for data). Apart from that its a great phone. Someone has started working on RIL, so hopefully more options are coming.

Either way it Will be interesting when inc2 gets ics and when the rezound gets the official... I love my rezound.....but I still enjoy my incredible 2.

Sent from my Rezound

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

It sounds like sense 4 is better, but I'll be putting AOSP/CyanogenMod on any phone I get, and I like HTC's build better than Samsung and locked boot loader means no Motorola for me.