Battery issues....

Search This thread

krypticos

May 5, 2010
Morgantown
So I'll start off by saying my battery only lasts 8-10 hours from 100% to dead. So fair I have pinpointed the issue but I don't know how to fix it. I'm using an at&t d800

When my WiFi is on, no or unknown signal and no data connection start ticking and killing my battery. If I never turn my WiFi on my battery will last 19 hour or more.

Has anyone less encountered this issue and/or know how to fix this.

I have had this on bone stock 10o and on gravios rls 4.

Please I really would like to use my ac router and to get better battery life.

Thanks for your time.

Sent from my LG-D802 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

B

bachera

get betterbatterystats and look into wakelocks, check kernel, then partial and google the living daylight

turn wifi off when no signal, not that complicated really.
lobby with your provider for better coverage in your area.

---------- Post added at 02:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:21 PM ----------

all of that dont work, then warrantee, or get an Iphone so you dont need to worry about silly wakelocks and unfriendly way of managing phone that Android requires

Last edited:

krypticos

May 5, 2010
Morgantown
It's only when I have WiFi on that my phone thinks it has no signal even though it has 100%

krypticos

May 5, 2010
Morgantown
Really that's all it could be dang I bought it off craigslist. Ok time to trade it off then.

B

bachera

Really that's all it could be dang I bought it off craigslist. Ok time to trade it off then.

lol, just bring it back to a lg dealer
if that doesn't work, buy replacement battery, there are threads here how to open the phone.

or root it, twrp recovery it, wipe the bagesus ( not the sd card) out of it. so its clean. Then reinstall stock or good custom.

then condition battery, a couple times full charge down to zero and up again.

Last edited:

krypticos

May 5, 2010
Morgantown
if that doesn't work, buy replacement battery, there are threads here how to open the phone.

or root it, twrp recovery it, wipe the bagesus ( not the sd card) out of it. so its clean. Then reinstall stock or good custom.

LG Dealer? also its not the battery not holding a charge its if my wifi is on the battery drains like crazy because my phone thinks there is no siganl so its boosting the cellular radio. with out wifi on it doesnt do that so the battery lasts a long time.

k3xx

Nov 13, 2013

Conditioning is only good for Ni-Mh battery's but bad for Li-Poly battery's. (which g2 uses) 0% and 100% are bad for them. The best is to charge them from about 10% to 95% if possible.

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B

bachera

Conditioning is only good for Ni-Mh battery's but bad for Li-Poly battery's. (which g2 uses) 0% and 100% are bad for them. The best is to charge them from about 10% to 95% if possible.

batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk

I dont understand why my battery if I charge it past 100% grants me an hour longer screen on time. I did notice a different span when using till 50 and then charging it again. Once I went from 100 to zero and back up it seemed it reset itself.

weird battery I guess.

Steamer86

May 29, 2012
Baltimore
Bad calibration is all. Its that magic 1% @100 and crap 5% bottom end. Noticeable across all devices. Evens itself out, never ends. Seems at 100% starting, its not really fully charged.