[Q] Grand rebooting problem help

Search This thread

chrowley

Jul 15, 2013
my galaxy grand continue to reboot, i even flash the stock 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 firmware but still the phone reboots, it only reaches the wifi setup, then it restarts, please help.

ashwin77sgg

Dec 15, 2013
Pune
my galaxy grand continue to reboot, i even flash the stock 4.1.2 and 4.2.2 firmware but still the phone reboots, it only reaches the wifi setup, then it restarts, please help.
The information provided by you is not sufficient.There are some points i would like to know about.
Have u rooted your device?
Are you flashing through ODIN?
ROM version?
Did you make data wipe/ cache wipe before flashing over a previous firmware?

There are many threads associated with this.So please take a look over that.If you don't find answer then we are here to help you:D

chrowley

Jul 15, 2013
The information provided by you is not sufficient.There are some points i would like to know about.
Have u rooted your device?
Are you flashing through ODIN?
ROM version?
Did you make data wipe/ cache wipe before flashing over a previous firmware?

There are many threads associated with this.So please take a look over that.If you don't find answer then we are here to help you:D

yes sir rooted, i flash the firmware through odin, then i figured out that i have a backup so i restore it and its a yes it starts, :), but the problem is sometimes it reboots and the screen is blinking sometimes, any solution for this sir? thanks in advance

ashwin77sgg

Dec 15, 2013
Pune
yes sir rooted, i flash the firmware through odin, then i figured out that i have a backup so i restore it and its a yes it starts, :), but the problem is sometimes it reboots and the screen is blinking sometimes, any solution for this sir? thanks in advance
Thanks for Calling me "Sir". But seriously no need to say it. Say it to real developers.;):p
Now coming to the topic,
For your information,keep in mind that when u flash the Official firmware through ODIN, You loose the root access.
Don't restore any backup. Just flash through ODIN. After flashing Wipe Cache and Data wipe is recommended too.
To gain the root access again you need to flash recovery from ODIN.

Other members looking at this this thread please correct me if i am wrong .I still not getting which backup the guy is talking about.

chrowley

Jul 15, 2013
Thanks for Calling me "Sir". But seriously no need to say it. Say it to real developers.;):p
Now coming to the topic,
For your information,keep in mind that when u flash the Official firmware through ODIN, You loose the root access.
Don't restore any backup. Just flash through ODIN. After flashing Wipe Cache and Data wipe is recommended too.
To gain the root access again you need to flash recovery from ODIN.

Other members looking at this this thread please correct me if i am wrong .I still not getting which backup the guy is talking about.

oh sorry sir, i'll make it clear, my last firmware is 4.2.2 and my rom is GENNEXT, but when i encounter the problem, i tried to go back and flash the 4.1.2 stock firmware, then later i discovered that i have a backup from my previous rom(GENNEXT running 4.2.2 firmware) so i flash again the 4.2.2 stock firmware and flash the philz touch recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache then restore the back up, then my phone is restored :) but theres another problem sometimes the screen blinks and the phone reboots in a few minutes after the startup.

ashwin77sgg

Dec 15, 2013
Pune
oh sorry sir, i'll make it clear, my last firmware is 4.2.2 and my rom is GENNEXT, but when i encounter the problem, i tried to go back and flash the 4.1.2 stock firmware, then later i discovered that i have a backup from my previous rom(GENNEXT running 4.2.2 firmware) so i flash again the 4.2.2 stock firmware and flash the philz touch recovery, wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache and wipe dalvik cache then restore the back up, then my phone is restored :) but theres another problem sometimes the screen blinks and the phone reboots in a few minutes after the startup.
OK. Then it may be the problem with your GENNXT ROM cause the problem occured after restoring Backup.Try the fresh install of latest build of GENNXT rom.

naufalhadyan

Nov 17, 2013
Bandung, Indonesia
You might want to try one of the AOSP-based ROMs (CM11/Slimkat/Carbon/Omni/ProBAM) and see if it fixes the issue. If it still reboots even after installing one of those ROMs, then you probably has a faulty hardware. If it stops rebooting,then you probably has a corrupted installation of stock firmware... :)

Faulty hardware = get it to a service center, but be prepared to pay some bucks because you have already lost your warranty...
Corrupted stock firmware = try to flash the firmware again via Odin but DON'T RESTORE ANY BACKUP. If it still reboots, redownload the firmware package and reflash.

I'm not an expert, but I figured that your phone is already unusable by constant rebooting... let's just solve it by trial and error. :D

ggonmar

Aug 18, 2012
Barcelona
You might want to try one of the AOSP-based ROMs (CM11/Slimkat/Carbon/Omni/ProBAM) and see if it fixes the issue. If it still reboots even after installing one of those ROMs, then you probably has a faulty hardware. If it stops rebooting,then you probably has a corrupted installation of stock firmware... :)

Faulty hardware = get it to a service center, but be prepared to pay some bucks because you have already lost your warranty...
Corrupted stock firmware = try to flash the firmware again via Odin but DON'T RESTORE ANY BACKUP. If it still reboots, redownload the firmware package and reflash.

I'm not an expert, but I figured that your phone is already unusable by constant rebooting... let's just solve it by trial and error. :D

This is probably the best explained and most direct definition of what to do and what may be happening with our ever-rebooting Grands.... Thank you!!!

victorsmarotta

Nov 10, 2017
Had to create an account to thanks naufalhadyan

I was running on LineAgeOS 13.0 for a while until yesterday, when I went to install some random play store app and it crashed then went on a infinite rollercoaster with absolutely no fun making loops every time it got of the boot animation, did a factory reset, on the 2nd or 3rd app it crashed and looped, flashed another .zip with the rom, same, installed an RRemix on the same version (I like the 6) and when installing another random playstore it crashed the same way, now i'm on a AOSP 6.0 flashed from the recovery and so far i've been downloading the entire play store (just for kicks) and its smooth.

I don't use come to this troubleshooting section but on the last 24 hours there were some major bugs regarding endless loops, maybe a play store update came bugging our grand duos'? Is that even possible?

Ashvn17

Nov 27, 2017
Had to create an account to thanks naufalhadyan

I was running on LineAgeOS 13.0 for a while until yesterday, when I went to install some random play store app and it crashed then went on a infinite rollercoaster with absolutely no fun making loops every time it got of the boot animation, did a factory reset, on the 2nd or 3rd app it crashed and looped, flashed another .zip with the rom, same, installed an RRemix on the same version (I like the 6) and when installing another random playstore it crashed the same way, now i'm on a AOSP 6.0 flashed from the recovery and so far i've been downloading the entire play store (just for kicks) and its smooth.

I don't use come to this troubleshooting section but on the last 24 hours there were some major bugs regarding endless loops, maybe a play store update came bugging our grand duos'? Is that even possible?

Even iam facing the same issue
phone reboots automatically and doesnt even start... infinite bootloop. Was working fine and suddenly this issue came up from nowhere(past 2 weeks) ..
Iam using Resurrection rom 5.7.4 (Marshmallow)

billysam

Oct 3, 2014
Damn I was on AICP 11, when this exact strange bootloop problem occurred for no rhyme and reason. I know the hardware is fine, the issue arises from installing apps from playstore, the moment it goes beyond a certain app limit in the device, it will start endless bootloop, I am sure this is Google's doing. Anyways this is not a hardware issue and I know more people will be coming here looking for answer to this issue. I have tried both the opengapps and deltagapps, same behaved this way, it never happened before and lately google have introduced one other app which is google's android instant app that will sit in your device, even though you need it not not. very well google for using our precious internal data to around 500Mb to 1Gb.

formating data partition solves this issue, temporarily but you lose your apps and data.
I had successfully avoided this issue when I stopped installing more apps on my device, It took me 2 tries and I found a perfect balance of 4-5 apps, it came crashing again when I tried installing the 7th app.
I don't know if other ROMs will be able to handle this bug, but I know it's time for me to look for another ROM, I was happy with AICP 11, for more than a year. Sad.

Reading about this issue, I came to know this is prevalent on all CM marshmallow based ROMs. So, going to flash Nougat or kitkat or the stock ROM should probably fix this.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.