need 317m PIT file for reparititon

Search This thread

messerchmidt

Dec 22, 2012
hello,

i need the PIT file from a at&t (rogers) 317m @ android 4.3 official. Mine keep crashing every time I try to load a rom, just sits at the samsung galaxy note II screen. Seems that I need to clean reload the phone using ODIN, including a repartition. I already got the stock image for my phone. Just need the associated PIT file. Could someone please post same? thanks!!!

jester12345

Feb 28, 2012
Greater Toronto Area
hello,

i need the PIT file from a at&t (rogers) 317m @ android 4.3 official. Mine keep crashing every time I try to load a rom, just sits at the samsung galaxy note II screen. Seems that I need to clean reload the phone using ODIN, including a repartition. I already got the stock image for my phone. Just need the associated PIT file. Could someone please post same? thanks!!!

Only thing u can do without pit. Cause it seems pit wont work since update to 4.3 I tried many different things. Only thing you can do is odin a 4.3 stock rogers. Or the rooted 4.1.2 firmware.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

hello,

Before you attempt an Odin + pit recovery have you tried the following:

1 - boot into recovery and do a factory reset

2 - flash the stock image via Odin by itself (please copy and post the results from the status screen) - then repeat step #1

If that doesn't resolve your issue....

It's very rare that a repartition is needed, as I'm not aware of any roms that muck with the partition sizing/data on the i317/i317m .... but depending on what the status screen says it may be worth an attempt. If you visited the link above, you'll see that I've temporarily pulled the files. I have a new files ready and am planning on testing the one for the i317 this weekend. I don't have a i317m so... if you want to test the file (which was pulled correctly from an i317m and is now sized correctly) - send me a PM.

Reactions: qkster and gregsarg

messerchmidt

Dec 22, 2012

2 - flash the stock image via Odin by itself (please copy and post the results from the status screen) - then repeat step #1

It's very rare that a repartition is needed, as I'm not aware of any roms that muck with the partition sizing/data on the i317/i317m .... but depending on what the status screen says it may be worth an attempt. If you visited the link above, you'll see that I've temporarily pulled the files. I have a new files ready and am planning on testing the one for the i317 this weekend. I don't have a i317m so... if you want to test the file (which was pulled correctly from an i317m and is now sized correctly) - send me a PM.

I reloaded the stock image (rogers 4.3) via odin and did a factory reset in twrp, but i still cannot get a non-stock rom to work. very annoyed, and was going to try to PIT it.

messerchmidt

Dec 22, 2012
yes using the stock rom atm. as soon as i try to flash a non-stock rom, i it hangs at the boot screen after it retsrats. some older threads suggested re-flashing the phone with a pit file to repartition. I dont know what else to do

softballjunkee13

Apr 27, 2011
yes using the stock rom atm. as soon as i try to flash a non-stock rom, i it hangs at the boot screen after it retsrats. some older threads suggested re-flashing the phone with a pit file to repartition. I dont know what else to do

Sounds to me like ur definitely not giving the roms enough time on the boot. Some could take 5-7 minutes for initial boot. The fact that stock works and EVERY OTHER ROM here doesn't... leads me to believe this. Patience is virtue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2

Last edited:

gregsarg

Apr 8, 2011
B.F.E.
Not to mention the likely requirement of fully wiping the internal storage of the device...
Arbitrarily changing frameworks back and forth without wiping the file structure first will give you problems on boot...(boot loops)...
Additionally....once the rom is flashed...it may help to immediately go to recovery and wipe the device caches and data again...g

Sent from my NOTE 2.750...
Courtesy of our amazing developers...

Reactions: softballjunkee13

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    hello,

Sounds to me like ur definitely not giving the roms enough time on the boot. Some could take 5-7 minutes for initial boot. The fact that stock works and EVERY OTHER ROM here doesn't... leads me to believe this. Patience is virtue

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Xparent Skyblue Tapatalk 2
    listen to greg; he is an authority on re-partitioning and bricking! :victory:
    Look in the general section.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
    got it working after several tires, running the 4.3 jedi x2
    :good: