Search This thread

vczo

Feb 21, 2014
I'm still waiting for my to ship, but I've its worth it, in term of quality

Sent from my Nexus 7 using xda app-developers app

spinal2k

Sep 14, 2012
Oxford, UK
I received my black matte pebble steel today...
im charging it at work and ill have fun with it later when i leave...

First impressions: seems bigger on youtube / pictures than in real life...

Radeon1337

Sep 5, 2009
It's part of the watch face.

I have both the silver and the black and I prefer the black. My wife took the silver one because she liked it.

Could you try to put the black steel band on the brushed steel watch? I really wanna see how that looks... Have considered buying both just to try that :D

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    the matte black with leather strap looks pretty good, i wish they'd sell it with a choice of straps though, might take down the price a bit, the 250$ includes both a metal and a leather strap

steelpebble.jpg

Overpriced. The regular Pebble at $150 is too much. I got it with the Best Buy deal and at $100 it's worth it.

$250? The Galaxy Gear can be had between $200-$250 when it's on sale.

One major problem I see is the special strap (Yes Im aware the Gear has this same problem but you're getting superior hardware at a similar pricepoint albeit a shorter battery)....you can't use any 22mm strap like you do with the original Pebble. I use my Pebble while I'm working out to get notifications and change songs. I use a rubber or Nato strap for that and swap it to a leather strap afterwards.

I'm not going to workout with a watch on a steel bracelet. Sure I could opt for the leather but if you sweat on it consistently, it'll need to be replaced in a few months. Guessing it'll be 39 or 49 to swap it out.
    2 Belkiolle:
    Can you please post a picture of Pebble Steel on your wrist?

ugy3ere7.jpg

Just a quick snap since I'm at work. I'll try to get better when I'm home.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
    its a highly overpriced.....175-200$ would have fine.....or else a upgraded battery,display or an improved chipset to rum more complex apps.........its the same now that it was a year ago..except for the build... 128kb ram and 1mb rom is not worth 250$

I'd respectfully say that's highly subjective. If a company can get a certain selling price for an item, and that item serves my needs or desires, then it's "worth" it. Michael Jordan got a $12-million raise in his final season, was he worth it? The Bulls generated $8 extra millions that year in parking fees and concession stands alone, not even counting sell-outs in Chicago and all other arenas. I paid $825 for my Sony Betamax when it first came out, but it was worth it to me, and many others who bought it. I bought the Samsung Gear, took it back because it didn't serve my needs. The Pebble works with all my LG G2, iPhone 5S, and Blackberry Q10; so, I'll acquire the Pebble Steel when it comes out because it's worth $250 to me.

By the way, the new Pebble is not "the same now as it was a year ago except for the build". Besides the metal built and gorilla glass to which you alluded, it has a new antenna that goes around the body, new charging cable. It can run 2.0 apps independently of the watch. Yes, you can upgrade the original Pebble to 2.0, but the Steel chipset makes it more fluid with new software.
    I like that strap...got a link to it by chance?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Hi, not sure if links are permitted so will just give you the details. I purchased it from Amazon UK from the marketplace seller Ritche Horologe Co. Ltd. The product details are: Ritche 22mm Stainless Steel Bracelet Watch Band Strap Straight End Solid Links Color Black (£12.99). Took about a week to arrive but we'll worth wait. Good quality for price and easy to adjust length with removable pins.

Returning to thread topic...who's bright idea was it to stamp a massive pebble logo on the front of the new pebble steel? Not sure how popular that will be...IMO, this logo dominates the screen. Should be much more discrete/subtle.
    How is the firmware different?

Sent from my LG-G2 using Tapatalk

"Pebble Steel will run firmware 2.0. Pebble has promised to push this firmware update to existing Pebble users toward the end of January. The software update will be compatible with SDK 2.0 apps that will be available in the appstore."