[JB 4.3] [T889UVUCMK7]Stock Rooted/Debloated/Knox-free with (4.1.2)TMBBMD1 Bootloader

Search This thread

charronegro1971

Apr 21, 2010
Harlingen, TX
Did you already the method listed in this post ? http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=48251700&postcount=5
You can also try to add the SNote widget and then try to open a new note. It just takes few workarounds but eventually it works.
i actually tried that first and all seemed to work....until i would reboot then when i would remove the s pen, s notes would pop up for a split second then the error message would appear. i've spent the good part of an entire night trying different methods to get it working but ultimately i had to reflash the rom i was using earlier. your rom is really good, don't get me wrong....i just make regular use of s notes and w/o that functionality, i had to go w/ what works. good job on the rom. is very snappy.

drdoombot

Nov 19, 2011
Dammit, I made a major boo-boo... I flashed a zip without making a Nandroid backup first!

I flashed WifiTethering.zip from the SWARMRom thread per the instructions from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694714

Unfortunately, I lost Wifi and don't want to switch to Devil Kernel to get it back; this ROM plus stock kernel is the smoothest 4.3 experience I've had and I've tried nearly all of them. I tried flashing Dr. Ketan's Wifi patch through Odin but wifi didn't come back.

If I flash the ROM from OP through Odin, will I lose all my settings? Is there anything else I can do to put Wifi back the way it was without having to redo everything again?

Coug76

Feb 27, 2011
East of Seattle
Dammit, I made a major boo-boo... I flashed a zip without making a Nandroid backup first!

I flashed WifiTethering.zip from the SWARMRom thread per the instructions from here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2694714

Unfortunately, I lost Wifi and don't want to switch to Devil Kernel to get it back; this ROM plus stock kernel is the smoothest 4.3 experience I've had and I've tried nearly all of them. I tried flashing Dr. Ketan's Wifi patch through Odin but wifi didn't come back.

If I flash the ROM from OP through Odin, will I lose all my settings? Is there anything else I can do to put Wifi back the way it was without having to redo everything again?

You might try wiping cache and dalvik then flashing your ROM over your existing install. Then the Wi-Fi zip file

Hastily spouted for your befuddlement

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
All your settings are stored in /data partition. If you do not wipe data and flash this via pc odin you should be good.

I would advice wiping dalvik-cache.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using xda app-developers app

Baenwort

Mar 31, 2008
So, I reflashed this via PC Oden v3.07 after clearing the Cache and after reboot I cleared the cache again.

I then went to the SuperSU app to configure things and it prompted me that I needed to update the Binary. I selected normal and it just keeps waiting at the "installing, please wait..." prompt.

Root seems to be granted as triangle away works to reset my flash counter and does not give any error prompts when accessing triangle away.

I recall someone else having this issue but I can't seem to find the post. Would anyone happen to recall the solution?

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
I think this has something to do with triangle away, do you have the "System Modified Workaround" option enabled ? That option disables the SuperSu f9r sometime afyet the reboot.

I noticed these issues too after using triangle away and rebooting the phone has worked for me.

drmyndbender

Dec 22, 2010
Kissimmee, Florida
So i installed this ROM an hour ago and everything seems to be working great! no wi-fi issues or anything else! just wanted to say thanks! I have been wanting to update to 4.3 for a while but ive been looking for the right ROM.great work!

Reactions: ciphercodes

HotShotAzn

Oct 23, 2007
My brain is a little foggy from too much Fireball last night.

This is for my wife's phone. She currently has Jedi 4.1.2 and wants to go back to stock. I want her to retain root and CWM.

I don't have a machine with Odin installed right now. Is the file in post 2 flashable via CWM? Am I going to need to flash all the additional files for her phone to work?

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
If you want full 4.1.2 stock then I would advise to flash MrRobinsons root 66 using mobile odin. Other users on 4.1.2 bootlader have mentioned that wifi did not work after they flashed the zip from second post.

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
Hi,

I am currently on one of the 4.4.2 ROMs and would like to go go back to stock.. I am missing spen functionality, stable camera and overall stability. I went to 4.4.2 from stock 4.1.2 with little to no issues especially after flashing MK7 baseband. Would I be able to get 4.3 up and running just by flashing the zip?

Thanks!

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Yes, it should work but you may have to wipe /data if it does not work after flashing.

Please note wiping /data means you will loose all your data. Backup is always recommend.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Free mobile app

Reactions: gill_za

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
Flashed the zip and had no wi-fi. Flashed using odin and everything worked.. but.. the s-pen function to capture a selected portion of the screen is gone. I think it was removed with the bloat by accident. I have noticed that with the Aroma De-Bloater as well. If I remember correctly it is the SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk app that is responsible for this functionality. Can anyone attach a copy of the app?

P.S. Grabbed it from another rom, but when pasted into /system/app/ (both odex and apk) got errors upon next reboot.. other dependencies?

Last edited:

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
You will have to copy the .apk as well as the .odex file in /system/app.

Let me know if you have any issues locating that file.

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
You will have to copy the .apk as well as the .odex file in /system/app.

Let me know if you have any issues locating that file.

Yep that's what I did. Got the files from another 4.3 rom, copied them into the /system/app folder on the phone. Rebooted and got "Unfortunately the app has encountered an error" errors, one after another. So I think there are other dependencies that were removed with the debloating.

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
Yep that's what I did. Got the files from another 4.3 rom, copied them into the /system/app folder on the phone. Rebooted and got "Unfortunately the app has encountered an error" errors, one after another. So I think there are other dependencies that were removed with the debloating.

Did you try clearing the Dalvik-cache ? The files I had removed are listed in the OP, maybe you can add some of them and give it a shot.

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
Did you try clearing the Dalvik-cache ? The files I had removed are listed in the OP, maybe you can add some of them and give it a shot.

I did not try clearing dalvik/cache after the app was moved back and the phone was rebooted. I am currently trying to see if another rom has the same issue with SPEN and will try after that.

EDIT: I am on Conch republic rom. Same problem with the pen. It had the SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk/odex but no Samsungservice.apk... Addint Samsungservice.apk to /system/app did not help.... still nothing

See next post.

Last edited:

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
Sorry for the double post but I have figured out the issue and decided it warrants the post by itself. I have cross checked several roms (tmobile/sprint/att) and noticed that it is not the ssuggest_j_deviceonly.apk that is responsible. The file needed for the for the spen (or S pen) lasso /grab/crop image functionality to work is the SuggestionService.apk

Paste it into /system/app and restart. done.

P.S.
@ciphercodes

I am curious how did you make wifi / Kernel work with the older, non-knox bootloader? Is the kernel used in this build modified?

Thank you!

Last edited:

ciphercodes

Oct 25, 2012
P.S.
@ciphercodes

I am curious how did you make wifi / Kernel work with the older, non-knox bootloader? Is the kernel used in this build modified?

Thank you!

I simply used the tz.img file from the 4.3 tar.md5 file and packed it with this ROM.
tz.img is the file which is needed for WIFI. The WIFI patch is nothing but this tz.img packed with param.bin. If you extract param.bin it includes files for Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and are not needed on our phone.

Reactions: gill_za

gill_za

Oct 26, 2009
I simply used the tz.img file from the 4.3 tar.md5 file and packed it with this ROM.
tz.img is the file which is needed for WIFI. The WIFI patch is nothing but this tz.img packed with param.bin. If you extract param.bin it includes files for Verizon Galaxy Note 2 and are not needed on our phone.

I have flashed your rom again last night (after wiping and reformating everything in the recovery to have a clean slate) as I had problems with others and I did figure out the lasso thing. Everything works so far, wifi, camera, s pen lasso (with the earlier fix), s note opens without crashing. It is like a dream come true!!!

so technically the tz.img is from the stock 4.3 and the only difference here is that this rom is debloated, root injected and has older bootloader. the Boot.img /kernel is the stock 4.3?

This is interesting and makes me wonder if all the people that had no with wifi on stock kernel and MD1 bootloader when flashing zip aligned roms in all the other 4.3 tmobile rom threads in this forum could have just flashed your Odin package from here and be done with it. And also if the wifi patch is the tz.img file with param.bin from verizon rom, perhaps the param.bin was what caused the issues for those with wifi patch...

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is 4.3 JB Stock ROM T889UVUCMK7 which is packed with T889TMBBMD1 bootloader.

Please Note: If you are already on 4.3 (T889UVUCMK7) with KNOX enabled bootloader.
    - DO NOT try to flash this ROM using odin from your pc, you will end up with an error.
    - If you are looking for stock rooted ROM then either flash the flashable zip from post# 2 or MrRobinson's ROM.

Please see below on how this differs from Stock T889UVUCMK7.
    Changes:
    1) Replaced the KNOX enabled bootloader (T889UVUCMK7) with a previous (T889TMBBMD1) bootloader.
    2) Manually rooted
    3) Removed any known KNOX applications and files (listed below)
    4) Debloated - (applications are listed below), almost all applications which are removed can be easily downloaded from the Google Play store. If it's not there let me know I can upload it here.

Questions:
    1) Who should/can install this ROM ?
    - Primarily, users who are still on 4.1.2 and would like to try the 4.3 without having to worry about the bootloader with KNOX. You can easily revert back to any previous ROM as this bootloader does not have any downgrading restrictions.
    - Users who do not have mobile odin and would like to update to 4.3 using PC odin and not worry about KNOX bootloader.
    - Users who still want to be on the old bootloader, stick to the Stock kernel and do not want to flash any patch.

2) How to install it ?
    - Download and extract the file, and flash the md5 file using ODIN.

3) Battery life ?
    - Same as stock as this is the Stock ROM.

4) Do I need to wipe/data ?
    - Not required but always recommended when switching ROM's.

5) Does Wifi work ? Do I have to flash any patch or custom kernel ?
    - Yes, Wifi works.
    - No, You do not have to flash any patch or any custom kernel.

6) Are there any known issues, error's?
    - I flashed this using pc odin, manually cleared dalvik cache and so far I haven't noticed any issues.

7) Will there be any support for this ROM?
    - This is a stock ROM. I have simply assembled ROM components and packed them together with few changes which are listed above. I am not a developer but an android user just like you, If there are any issues I can try to work with you to get them resolved.

KNOX Files which have been removed:
    Code:
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXAgent.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.apk
    	/system/app/KNOXStore.odex
    	/system/app/KNOXStub.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.apk
    	/system/app/KnoxAttestationAgent.odex
    	/system/containers/ --> directory
    	/system/etc/secure_storage/com.sec.knox.store
    	/system/lib/libknoxdrawglfunction.so

Debloated: Applications which have been removed.
    Code:
    AccessTmobile_TMO.apk
    AmazonShopping_TMO.apk
    Books.apk
    ChatON_MARKET.apk
    com.mobitv.client.tmobiletvhd.apk
    ContainerAgent.apk
    ContainerAgent.odex
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.apk
    ContainerEventsRelayManager.odex
    ECID-release_TMO.apk
    gba-service-TMO-Signed.apk
    Hangouts.apk -> Did not plan to but deleted by mistake. You can downlaod it from Google Play.
    HelpHub.apk
    HelpHub.odex
    Highlight_TMO.apk
    KLMSAgent.apk
    KLMSAgent.odex
    Magazines.apk
    NFSMWLauncher_TMO.apk
    PlayGames.apk
    PlusOne.apk
    SamsungApps.apk
    SamsungAppsUNA3.apk
    SamsungBooks_HD.apk
    SamsungGames_HD_oldkey.apk
    SamsungHub_land.apk
    SamsungHubUpdater.apk
    SamsungLink18.apk
    SamsungMusic10P.apk
    Samsungservice.apk
    SamsungVideoLITE.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.apk
    SamsungWidget_ActiveApplication.odex
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.apk
    SamsungWidget_FavoriteApp.odex
    SPPPushClient_Prod.apk
    SSuggest_J_DeviceOnly.apk
    TMServerApp.apk
    TMServerApp.odex
    Videos.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.apk
    YahoonewsDaemon.odex
    YahoonewsWidget.apk
    YahoonewsWidget.odex
    YahoostockDaemon.apk
    YahoostockDaemon.odex
    YahoostockWidget.apk
    YahoostockWidget.odex

See post# 2 for flashable zip.

Standard Disclaimer: Flash this ROM at your own risk. even though it's hard to brick a Samsung phone it's still possible.

Credits:
    Chainfire - For SU application.
    MrRobinsons - Used the links from his S3 forum to learn how to manually root. Had to do it differently for 4.3 but that was still the starting point.
    XDA

Download Link - PC ODIN: http://www.mediafire.com/download/a2zis2xac6dawaq/T889_MK7_Stock.tar.7z

Update: 11/30/2014 - Attached default music player apk files.
    T889UVUMK7 - Flashable ZIP

Update: 02/08/2014
    Its been reported that wifi does not work after flashing the zip. Please try the PC ODIN version from first post.

Update: 02/06/2014
    I was able to create this flashable zip!
    The zip file includes
    /system - Ofcourse,
    META-INF - It includes the update-binary, updater-script (which I had to learn and write) and default certs.
    boot.img - Latest(MK7) Kernel
    modem.bin - Latest(MK7) Modem
    tz.img - This was extracted from stock (MK7)ROM, without this the wifi will not work.
    flash-image - This is used to flash the modem

I flashed this using TWRP and mobile ODIN and so far everything looks good.
    It should work on CWM too.

To flash:
    1) Downlaod the zip file from this post.
    2) Copy the zip file on root folder of your sd-card(recommended).
    3) Reboot int to recovery (turn off phone then hold Vol up + home then press home).
    4) Select Install and then select the zip file.
    5) Flash and then reboot once done.
    6) Clearing dalvick cache is always recommended after you update or switch ROMS.

I have included status indicators to let you know what's happening.
    It takes less than two minutes (1min 55sec) to complete.

Please let me know if for some reason this does not work for you.

Credits:
    - Everyone who has written guides on Updater-Scripts, dsixda for Android Kitchen.
    - My phone, who did not complain even though I flashed it between 10-15 times within last 24 hours.

Download Link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/rukjgd5t3hlxvk2/T889UVUMK7_Flashable.zip
    Sorry for the double post but I have figured out the issue and decided it warrants the post by itself. I have cross checked several roms (tmobile/sprint/att) and noticed that it is not the ssuggest_j_deviceonly.apk that is responsible. The file needed for the for the spen (or S pen) lasso /grab/crop image functionality to work is the SuggestionService.apk

Paste it into /system/app and restart. done.

P.S.
    @ciphercodes

Thank you!
    Updated op with flashable zip.
    I used dsixda's Android Kitchen to create the flashable zip.
    I simply placed the system.img and boot.img in to the original folder then created a working folder.
    zipaligned all apk's and then signed and built ROM.

I tried flashing this via mobile odin but it failed, I then tried flashing this via TWRP and it worked fine.
    I only selected wipe cache and dalvick cache options.

Please note I did not format data and system before flashing this via TWRP.
    If for some reason this zip does not work for you then you will have to flash the tar.md5 file from OP.

It will be helpful if anyone with a full backup (so that you can revert if there are any issues) can try to flash and test this.
    Thank you.
    Finally took the plunge to move from 4.1.2 to 4.3 and also get LTE. Was pretty impressive to see almost 21 Mbps clocked in the boonies where 4 to 5 mbps was the norm.

Have few small issues like Playstore along with a few apps flubbing which is no biggie and can be fixed
    Thanks once again.