Search This thread

Tugdu77

Jun 29, 2010
Toulouse
Flash 2852 then flash froyo and freezing gone.
I don't have the USB cable to use burntool...where can I find a version flashable from the SD card?

It occurs because of curve calibration of the screen, I too long suffered to unblock, the mouse helps =)

I already tried the USB mouse, but it is totally frozen, nothing respond...Anyway, I didn't managed to get the unclock screen again, I keep freezing on the stock Android logo...

I would like to flash the 2852 and then try Froyo !

Tuc

verandi

Mar 20, 2008
Trieste - Treviso
Hi everyone.
I just made a personal version of system.tar.gz, and I thought it could be usefull for someone.

Most considerable changes:
  • Calendar and contacts synchronization now working again.
  • Simple stock froyo keyboard, without chinese characters.
  • Replaced youtube with the old working version.
  • Market updated to last version (no paid apps, though.).
  • Default launcher replaced with launcher pro, which is considerably faster.
  • Removed phone and telephony settings (see below)

Other changes:
  • Removed stock browser, replaced with dolphin browser HD.
  • Removed default file explorer, replaced with File expert (first free file explorer with working root that I found).
  • Changed alarm clock.
  • Changed calculator (but has wrong visualization).
  • Changed music player with music mod.
  • Added facebook, maps (+ navigation + latitude +places), chrome to phone, google search, google reader, terminal emulator, Titanium backup, voice search. adobe reader.
  • Maybe I deleted some other stupid flytouch stock apps, but actually I don't remember. :)

Warning, notes etc...:
  • All apps are free apps from market.
  • Phone apps (Phone.apk, TelephonySettings.apk) removed for test, due to suspected battery drain (Someone said so...), so:
    • Phone settings don't work (gives you force close when you tap on mobile settings menu)
    • Don't install if you use 3g adapters, as I think you won't be able to use them.
    • Maybe some future workarounds for paid apps on market won't work.
  • App2sd doesn't work. (Didn't even work before. I think there's some problem in the kernel with device mapper and crypto). I'll try to implement the fake app2sd that uses an ext partition on sd.
  • This is just a personal versionof stargulus' system files with apps I'm used to have on my phone, so maybe it won't fit you. :)

How to install:
  1. First important step: boot in recovery mode (back + home +power until you get in recovery menu), and wipe cache and data. This must be done. It also helps to have stragulus' calibration file installed correctly.
  2. Prepare the sd as described in the first post of this thread using the last Stragulus' sdcard image (v4, See link in this post).
  3. Go to "stage2" directory and replace system.tar.gz and system.tar.gz.md5 with the downloaded ones.
  4. Flash.
  5. The first boot will be quite long, but it's normal.
  6. While using the flytouch for the first time, it will probably lag and hang. Just reboot and it won't happen anymore.

File link: http://www.multiupload.com/Z9CONJVPQO

I hope this will be usefull. Advices are welcome. :)

Last edited:

jamiecoleman1

May 13, 2010
Guys can some one plz help me this is really annoying me now i can not seem to get my flytouch2 to boot from sd card.... i have used winhex and everything copied ok but just wont boot from sd card. just boots as normal it is in the top slot :S plz really want froyo and is there another way to install it without using sdcard?

verandi

Mar 20, 2008
Trieste - Treviso
Guys can some one plz help me this is really annoying me now i can not seem to get my flytouch2 to boot from sd card.... i have used winhex and everything copied ok but just wont boot from sd card. just boots as normal it is in the top slot :S plz really want froyo and is there another way to install it without using sdcard?

This happened to me, too. Just use winhex once with sdcard.img (as you already did), and then with aben.start.sector.001 file attached in this post (on the same sdcard).

jamiecoleman1

May 13, 2010
so shall i use winhex for the aben.start file and repeat the same steps i did for the sdcard.img as the card says after using winhex that i need to format it. obv i dont then but how do i install the aben.start file??

verandi

Mar 20, 2008
Trieste - Treviso
so shall i use winhex for the aben.start file and repeat the same steps i did for the sdcard.img as the card says after using winhex that i need to format it. obv i dont then but how do i install the aben.start file??

It's strange that it tells you to format the sd card, after copying sdcard.img. The steps I do are:
  • Full format (with overwrite) the sd card with sd formatter.
  • Clone sdcard.img with winhex.
  • (At this point, try to close winhex and explore the sd card. It has to show you "stage2" and "android" directories.)
  • Clone aben.start with winhex, as you did with sdcard.img.

Last edited:

jamiecoleman1

May 13, 2010
im using the clone tool in winhex as in the instructions right and ye i dont know why i have tryed formatting and starting over same thing happens :S i have another sd card will give that 1 a try

Tugdu77

Jun 29, 2010
Toulouse
After one afternoon trying to flash it, nothing works...

Hi all!

My Flytouch is still freezing on the stock Android logo after flash using the SD image v4...

After lots of re-flash, one time I arrived in the lock screen ("slide to unlock") with a very nice new wallpaper but it was frozen. I tried to use a USB mouse but it was not a problem of screen calibration. Since this one time miracle, my Flytouch stays on the Android logo...

I tried:
- All possible resets (wipe, data partition...) in the recovery menu
- I tried 3 different micro-sd cards (2GB, 4GB and 8GB). Now I have three 800mb sd cards:eek:...HP format tool is not willing to work so I can't recover their original size :mad:
- WinHex AND DiskImager to write sdcard.img on the micro-sd. Both work fine...

I really don't understand what is wrong, I followed all the steps and eveything works has the Stragulus video until the stock Android logo...

I don't have the USB cable to flash it, so I need a micro-sd solution :confused:
Please, help me :(

Tuc

jamiecoleman1

May 13, 2010
RIGHT!!! i have tryed everything is ther another program i can use to copy this disk image file because i have tryed it on my pc and my laptop and nothing just says compleate and all secdtors copyed and then windows says the drive needs formatting what the hell am i doing wrong....... plz help me some one as i have been trying to do this all day

dennizcom

Apr 3, 2011
froyo on FT2

Froyo NAND ROM for Flytouch2 by Stragulus

[*] touchscreen works (precalibrated, you cannot recalibrate it using the settings app)

mayb its precalibrated but its a bit off. Is there a way to recalibrate it?

My weatherforecast keeps crashing too. Any fix on that prob?

further thumbs up, keep up the very good job!!:D

minvey

Feb 7, 2007
F**k, I also have the freeze problem when reaching the stock Android logo step...first this logo is "animated" but then it just freeze and nothing happen...
I tried to flash again, and again...but still no result yet...
I also tried to analyse the micro-sd with WinHex after writting the image on it and at 93% I have the following errors:

I don't know if it is the reason of the Android logo freeze after flashing the tablet...

Help!

Tuc

Try updating your u-boot-nand first to 0.6.7 as described in the post by veryjo. I had the same freezing problem but was solved by updating u-boot.

Here's the URL for the steps:

Reactions: Vinnie1

Tugdu77

Jun 29, 2010
Toulouse
Try updating your u-boot-nand first to 0.6.7 as described in the post by veryjo. I had the same freezing problem but was solved by updating u-boot.

Finally, I made my own double USB cable using 2 old cables...and connecting wires with tape. Anyway, it worked perfectly and my Flytouch 2 is alive and running on Froyo :D!!! Nice !!! Than you guys !!!

One more thing: you can recover the original size of your SD-cards in 2 seconds using SD Formatter : http://www.sdcard.org/consumers/formatter_3/
Use the "Option" > "Format Size Adjustment" and then format the card.

Thanks again!

Tuc

santiphapc

Apr 23, 2011
Bangkok
500G USB hard drive did not work.
My FY2 have freeze and then reboot when I connecting the hard drive.
Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

nranger125

Apr 1, 2011
Market

Thanks Stragulus for all of your hard work I was able to install Froyo with no problems at all however I'm having a couple problems with the Android Market 1: only the free apps are displayed 2: When I try to install a app it states downloading and never downloads or installs.

any help with this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Steve

Tugdu77

Jun 29, 2010
Toulouse
500G USB hard drive did not work.
My FY2 have freeze and then reboot when I connecting the hard drive.
Anyone have this problem?

Thanks.

1) Is the hard-drive a 2.5" (a small one) powered through the USB cable or a 3.5" with an external power supply?

2) Is it FAT32 or NTFS formated?

I think only a hard drive with external power supply could work because the FT2 has not enough battery power to make it turn. And only FAT32 is supported by Android, no ?

Did anyone managed to move apps to sd card on Froyo?
I also cannot install angry birds (and some other apps) : "unknown error -18". I clean all market data, still no change.

Tuc

Last edited:

zaikor

Apr 24, 2011
youtube problem

hello, I use stragulus froyo mod on my superpad (0.6.1.5.520 before installed the USB version of the 3245) have a problem with youtube does not want working for me, if someone has a similar problem? is there any solution?

PS confirm proper operation of the mouse (logitech easy call wireles)
sorry for my bad english i using google translate

Last edited:

stragulus

May 9, 2010
New thread, new release (v5)

I created a new thread for the froyo rom so that I can update the first post myself, preventing dead links and incomplete instructions. I'll ask drazix to rename this thread back to a Q&A should he log back in again.

In the new thread, I added a new V5 release which fixes the touchscreen calibration and adds a working youtube + LauncherPro.

The new thread is here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=13164184#post13164184

Reactions: zaikor

radar92

Apr 11, 2011
Hello to every one

I just bought a superpad (infotmic) 10" . I don't know what firmware was installed in my pad when i bought it. I performed an update through the <<upgrade system>> option of the setting menu.

After this update, i noticed that the speakers always makes a noisy sound (even if everything is muted). So i went on and installed the: Gome Superpad firmware update 3245 Android2.1/stable/smooth/fast/unofficial but the problem with the sound still exists.

Because i am almost sure the sound problem didn't exist when i bought the superpad i am trying to recover the pad to its original state.

I am trying to bring my tab to recovery menu so as to reinstall the initial firmaware (i have tried all the possible combinations pressing the HOME , MENU, VOLUME +/- power buttons by no lack untill now)

Question 1
Does the superpad has the initial firmware stored inside the machine? And can i perform a full recovery? (as i would do in a windows vista machine). If yes which is the correct button combination so as to access the recovery menu

Question 2
When i turn on my machine on the down right cornen i see the following numbers 0.6.1.5(559). This mean that i have install froyo on my machine ???

Except from the sound problem, everything else works flawlessly in my pad.

i Would appreciate any help

Antonio
I have the same issue, It came with a 30??, it had a very light noise. Did the system update and it moved it to 2852. Became a bit worse. Moved it to froyo, it would be mostly quiet(still made light hissing) but as soon as anything affected the sound it would increase. Flashed to 3245 made it much quieter. I retured one just recently that was really bad with the hissing, it hissed in sleep too. Drained the batery quick. My current and last were the 200 chips. I have it muted and all the volumes down.

I popped this one open, with the speackers hanging out of the case they still hissed.

I think both of mine were made about the same time.

I have read of a few people with this issue but I haven't read a solution yet. The 3245 works the best for me so far.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    First NAND-flash Froyo Release

Thanks to user LaurensBER @ AndroidForums.com I managed to get a working pointer calibration file, after which I deem the first froyo version that can be written to the internal NAND flash ready!

VIDEO

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASE NOTES

• Please provide feedback if things work, or do not work for you.
    • If it eats your tablet, don't blame me. I deem it low-risk though, if it fails you can reflash it using burntool or another bootable sd-card just like before.

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip: http://www.mediafire.com/?oc1bwnq71smb09k

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using Win32DiskImager:

• Get Win32DiskImager here: https://launchpad.net/win32-image-writer
    • In Win32DiskImager: When you open it, there is a button to browse the .img file and after that, at the right of this button there is a selector for the SD-card. Select it, then click write and it's done.
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system freezes at the android animation!
      • For this firmware to work, you need to have u-boot version 0.6.1.5 installed. You can tell if you have this by looking at the INFOTMIC bootscreen you see when you turn on the tablet. If the bottom right corner does not show a version number, then you don't have it. To install this, you will need to connect the tablet to your PC using an USB A-A cable and flash u-boot-nand.bin from the v2852 firmware first.

TODO

• Find out why some users can't get past the android boot animation despite seemingly succesful flashing
    • Rewrite instructions for creating the sdcard @ windows
    • Figure out why Titanium Backup doesn't work

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works (precalibrated, you cannot recalibrate it using the settings app)
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full)
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed
    Froyo NAND ROM for Flytouch2 by Stragulus

Video demonstrating how to flash the tablet after having created the bootable SD-card: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=47kf4-Vbba8#t=3

RELEASE NOTES

• Please provide feedback if things work, or do not work for you.
    • If it eats your tablet, don't blame me. I deem it low-risk though, if it fails you can reflash it using burntool or another bootable sd-card just like before.

INSTALLATION

Installation is slightly different from normal releases because it requires flashing in 2 steps. Luckily, it's really easy:

1. Download bootable SD-card image and unzip: http://www.mediafire.com/?4quqzqyce9eje7a

2. Write image to an SD-card that's at least 1GB in size using WinHex:

• Get WinHex here: http://www.winhex.com/winhex/
    • In WinHex: tools, disk tools, clone disk
    • Choose file from zip (sdcard.img)
    • Choose the sd card as your destination
    • Start sector: fill in 0, also make sure the directories are correct on left
    • When finished, take out the card.

In linux, you just unzip the file and use dd to write it to the sd-card:

Code:
    dd if=/path/to/sdcard.img of=/dev/sdX # (where sdX is your scsi disk device, check dmesg)

3. Turn off tablet and put sd-card in TOP slot (between the 2 usb ports).

4. Turn on tablet. It will report that it is booting off the sd-card, and that it's flashing kernel + filesystems.

5. Take out the sd-card when the tablet asks you to do so (takes less than a minute). Put it in the OTHER sd-card slot (bottom one), and reboot the tablet by holding down the power for 10 seconds to turn it off, then press it again to turn it on.

6. You will now see the tablet booting with a *GREEN* screen. The screen will flash twice to indicate it's starting. The flashing itself will take longer than in the previous step, a few minutes. If succesful, it will automatically reboot, after which you're done and you're booting the new firmware! You'll see a different boot screen (equalizer on a black background)

7. After it has booted and you have unlocked the screen, reboot the tablet first thing! First boots in android always tend to be behave erratically. This is unrelated to this firmware and applies to all Android setups.

If step 6 fails (which is very unlikely), it will stay on the green screen and it will keep on flashing the screen. In that case, you'll have to turn it off. Most likely problem for this is a corrupt SD-card. See troubleshooting below.

Make sure to never put that sd-card back in the top-slot without erasing it first, as it will reflash your tablet!

TROUBLESHOOTING

• The 'green screen' keeps flashing!
      • The installer will dump a text file on the root of the sd-card which you can inspect. The file is called fail_reason.txt. If no such file exists, things are seriously wrong and the tablet couldn't even properly write to the sd-card. If using another SD-card, or rewriting the SD-card doesn't help, please upload the fail_reason.txt file here.
    • Flashing was succesful, but the system doesn't boot up!
      • The installer dumps one or more text files on the root of your sd-card during the 'green screen' flashing stage. Upload all these files and link to them here.

TODO

• Find out why some users can't get past the android boot animation despite seemingly succesful flashing
    • Rewrite instructions for creating the sdcard @ windows
    • Figure out why Titanium Backup doesn't work

(**) Tested:

• wifi, ethernet port
    • battery status works, g-sensor works
    • touchscreen works (precalibrated, you cannot recalibrate it using the settings app)
    • HD video playback works (I recommend Meridian player)
    • Market works (full)
    • angry birds works ( thought I'd mention it ;) )
    • The firmware has already been rooted! You can connect using adb over wifi, and type 'su' to become root. Find your IP address using the Android System Info app.
    • GPS confirmed
    Stragulus' FT2 SD Froyo port process (How To)

UPDATE: Froyo port to NAND flash now available HERE
    IF you still want to run Froyo from sd be sure to get the pointer calibration file located at the link above and insert into the appropriate location of the files below. Note: If you don't know where or how to insert the pointer file you should just flash the FT3 to NAND.

If you don't understand what you are doing/how to do it then you should probably wait for a simple sd card install. This requires the use of a lot of different tools that everyone may not have/understand. Read through it all before you start the process. Neither I nor anyone else referenced throughout take responsibility for anything that happens to your tablet. In other words, PROCEED AT YOUR OWN RISK.

I hope to have an sd card install worked out soon so anyone not in a hurry may want to wait. I also think I have a clockworkmod recovery process (read: Backup) worked out so anyone that does want to try the below or an sd install can have a backup to go back to if all doesn't go well (and sometimes it won't).

People that know what you are doing (you know who you are) please feel free to respond if you see error in my delivery. I am just trying to clean up the process around Stragulus' outstanding work (he has a Donate button!) spread out over many many posts. Feel free to "Thank" me if this write up is useful to you.

-Download necessary files-
    Download Flytouch 3 files (using this google cached page of download link):
    http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sour...E78SDFbJd121Gfftg&sig2=jBjp0lQBhebR0Q5vgAUChQ
    *Rename firmware-discovery to .zip, open (thanx for the catch kineticz)
    Keep system.tar and ramdisk.img

Download updated kernel (uimage) and wifi driver here:
    http://xdaforums.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=547139&d=1300632589
    Keep uimage and rt2070sta.ko (wifi driver)

-Set up tablet to run Froyo from sd card-
    Use WinHex or WIN32DiskIMager (free) to make a bootable sd card using bootable sd .img from second link in this post:
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=11830573&postcount=1504

Put uimage and ramdisk.img files on sd card
    (you may have to format entire card (705MB) FAT32 to drag/drop files to it)
    Put sd card in tablet, turn on.
    Let it burn kernel and ramdisk

OR

Use burntool
    http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=10214773&postcount=899
    (ignore firmware files)

-Set up sd card for running Froyo-
    Partition all of your sd card back to FAT32 (Easus Partition Manager for pc is free)
    You will now create a total of 6 partitions

First PRIMARY partition (empty): Format this as fat32

Second PRIMARY partition (will become /system): Format as ext3. Recommend 192MB size

Third PRIMARY partition (will become /data): Format as ext3. Use rest of space, BUT leave 256MB for last Primary.

Lastly create another PRIMARY partition of 256MB: Format as FAT32

Select/highlight the PRIMARY partition created last (256MB). Right click/choose to create logical partition WITHIN it.
    First LOGICAL partition (will become /local): Format as ext3. Recommend 128MB size
    Second LOGICAL partition: Format as fat32. Recommend 128MB size

-Copy system to sdcard-
    Plug tablet into pc/mac using usb cable
    Using linux enter the following:
    sudo mkdir -p /mnt/system
    sudo mount -t ext3 /dev/sdX2 /mnt/system
    sudo tar -C /mnt/system -xvpf /path/to/system.tar
    (/path/to/system.tar is location where you have the system.tar on your pc/mac)

-Fix wifi file-
    While tablet is still plugged into pc/mac
    Using linux enter the following:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp
    cp rt2070sta.ko /mnt/tmp/lib/modules/

REBOOT TABLET

-Root with Universal Root 1.6.2 beta 5-
    Referenced http://wiki.cyanogenmod.com/index.php?title=Universal_Androot
    Firmware update 1480, instructions and download link

Hi everyone,

Yesterday I talked to the Chinese seller that sold me my Flytouch II and he gave me the new 1480 firmware , along with Winhex program and instructions. You have to create a clone SD card with Winhex following the instructions in the package (word doc file), then quick format it FAT32 then copy the files under the android folder supplied in the package, but be careful! I tried it under windows 7 and it doesn't work, then I tried it on a laptop running windows XP Sp3 and all went perfectly and smoothly. Also be aware that you must insert the TF card in the upper slot of the Flytouch the one closer to the side with all the physical buttons, this is the only bootable slot.

I have noticed that my tablet is running slightly smoother under 1480 firmware, and some icons have changed and also the OI File manager is now simply called File manager and has better graphics, also there is a handwriting recognition option as an input choice apart from more keyboard types. I haven't had much more time testing other options, but can post later on my experience on the run.

Also you should know that you will loose all your programs and settings and the rooting of the tablet. It is advisable to use a backup program (Titanium Backup Pro or Mybackup Pro) and you have to root the tablet again , with z4root for example, after flashing.

I have uploaded the whole package to my megaupload account, here is the link:

w w w . megaupload. com / ?d=WN82D9E2

Happy flashing! ;D
    Wifi + Rotation now works

See title. I also rooted the rom by adding SuperUser + the su binary. All required files are in the attachment.

To get this to work, first mount the /system partition of the sd-card on your computer on /mnt/tmp (assuming linux users here), then:

Replace the wifi driver with rt2070sta.ko from the attachment:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp
    cp rt2070sta.ko /mnt/tmp/lib/modules/

If you want to root the rom:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp

cp su $SYSROOT/bin/su
    chown root.root $SYSROOT/bin/su
    chmod 6755 $SYSROOT/bin/su
    cp superuser.apk $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk
    chown root.root $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk
    chmod 755 $SYSROOT/app/SuperUser.apk

If you want to enable adb:

Code:
    sudo su -
    export SYSROOT=/mnt/tmp

echo 'persist.service.adb.enable=1' >> $SYSROOT/build.prop

To fix the rotation, you need to flash the attached new uImage using burntool.

And that's all!

Who wants to turn this into an update that can be applied from sd-card? I'll focus on fixing or changing things when they come up, but so far it looks like this rom is already quite usable!

ADDENDUM: You *do* need to flash ramdisk.img from the FT3 firmware unmodified as well. It doesn't use the built-in ramdisk image as I presumed.