[APP] Smart Screen Off 2.3

Search This thread

DDeleted

Jan 18, 2011
[UPDATE]
Hi guys, after my account was banned from Play Store, I decided to move all apps on Amazon App Shop for free. :good:
Here you can download last version of Smart Screen OFF PRO.

Smart Screen OFF PRO
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TKA9VQ

I'll add other apps I developed in the next few weeks.

Download Smart screen off PRO User Guide

DESCRIPTION
Smart Screen Off it's a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically

REASON

I decided to code this app when I bought my Galaxy Nexus: this device doesn't have any physical button on the front screen. Being a quite huge phone, it's quite difficult to press the "turn off" button every time I wanted to turn it off and on. So I needed a way to turn the screen off every time I put it into the pockets and off when removed.

HOW IT WORKS

The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.

If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.

NOTE: It doesn't lock the screen (just like in a call)

REQUIREMENTS

In order to use Smart Screen Off, you need to have a phone with Proximity Sensor (nowadays every smartphone incorporates one).

Last edited:

phegard

Jan 12, 2012
Seoul
Nice APP

Even though I don't need this app...(I prefer manually clicking),
it seems really useful for whom use flip cases.

Such as "planner styled" Galaxy Note :)

cabessius

Dec 4, 2010
Ibiza, Spain
Just installed and it does what it promises. Will be useful for me when at the gym I want to skip songs, I won´t have to unlock the phone a hundred times. Obviously the proximity sensor will be working all the time, did you notice a significant battery drain?. And the app name in the spanish version of the market is badly translated. It says "Fuera de pantalla inteligente" where it should say "Apagado de pantalla inteligente".

xriderx66

Oct 10, 2010
Frisco, TX
Good app, great idea. I think you should not only use proximity sensor, but things like orientation. I probably wont use this just because it doesn't seem too useful... I sometimes have my hand on top of my phone (near the sensor) and a finger movement can just keep making it blink on and off etc. Use orientation with this, it'd be better.

short/y

Mar 9, 2006
Silly-con Valley
Just installed V1.1 free from the market and it's a bit too sensitive! I hold my phone in my right hand and when I curl my hand over to touch or make gestures on the screen, the display turns off. Is there any way to adjust the sensitivity? I'm running on a Galaxy Nexus running GummyNex 0.7.6 based on AOSP 4.0.3.

motodroidfreak

Jul 13, 2010
DHS, CA.
UI is useless for lite so remove it, and as long as it has a notification in status bar i will not use this app, can i get v1 back!
2/5 stars

also in v1.2 there is NO way to turn it off :/

Sent from my VS910 4G using xda premium

akromatic

Aug 26, 2007
possible to make it work on galaxy tab? it doesnt have a proximity sensor but i believe it has a light sensor and magnatron. maybe make it detect a strong magnetic source to turn it on or off?

iekansh

Oct 9, 2010
Can you not trigger it to go to deep sleep. Screen should lock, that would be more appropriate imo.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [UPDATE]
    Hi guys, after my account was banned from Play Store, I decided to move all apps on Amazon App Shop for free. :good:
    Here you can download last version of Smart Screen OFF PRO.

Smart Screen OFF PRO
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B014TKA9VQ

I'll add other apps I developed in the next few weeks.

Download Smart screen off PRO User Guide

DESCRIPTION
    Smart Screen Off it's a simple and light app which uses the Proximity Sensor built in your Android smartphone to turn the screen off and on automatically

REASON

I decided to code this app when I bought my Galaxy Nexus: this device doesn't have any physical button on the front screen. Being a quite huge phone, it's quite difficult to press the "turn off" button every time I wanted to turn it off and on. So I needed a way to turn the screen off every time I put it into the pockets and off when removed.

HOW IT WORKS

The app itself is a toggle button, to switch it on just press the App Icon. Then every time you put the phone into your pockets the screen turns off.

If you put the smartphone upside down on the table, the screen turns automatically off.

NOTE: It doesn't lock the screen (just like in a call)

REQUIREMENTS

In order to use Smart Screen Off, you need to have a phone with Proximity Sensor (nowadays every smartphone incorporates one).
    I use LG p990.

Is there possible to turn off wifi with that app?

What would be the goal of turning off wifi with an app like mine?

Nice idea for an app!

Just downloaded the LITE version and tried in on my Galaxy nexus, encounter an issue in the first 30seconds, it cause my phone to reboot when i disable it??!
    This is really strange, since I didn't encounter this issue on my Galaxy Nexus (the device i test it hardly on). Maybe there's an incompatibility with another app who have installed and works in background.

Thanks for this nice app, tested the lite version.
    Few observations:

a) Observed very very low or no impact on battery. Great.
    b) Not consistent! Though show in notification, and in on position, suddenly stops working! I mean screen will not go off or come on! Need to again start and stop for it to resume working!

It will be great if you can fix this on consistency please. This may be because of opening 2-3 heavy apps like market and browser the Smart screen is getting killed in background?

Yes I think is because the service has been killed because of low memory. I'll try to implement a service who can't be killed in future versions!

Can you add function for light sensor as well?

Sent from my Acer Iconia A500 using Tapatalk
    I'll quote what I answered to another user:

The Proximity Sensor works in binary mode, 1 or 0, on or off, without any intermediate values. Someone told me it the range can be changed if you modify build.prop file with root access. But this is not what I want. I would like everyone can use my app, with or without root.
    So I'm trying to implement a combination with light sensor. The only problem is that the light sensor built in Android phone are not the best sensor on the market and every device has different sensos. In other words, in low light conditions this could not work as expected. I'm working on this at the moment
    well mates. seems me nor my brother can uninstall the app. he has the evo 4g and i have the echo. i got root he dont. please get a fix for this.

Could you be clearer? What message you get when you try to uninstall it?
    The app doesn't ask for any admin permissions, so it should be uninstalled like other apps.

[1.5] Changelog
    Code:
    [1.5] Added a new state (BLUE ICON):
          This means that the app is "acquiring" data if the "light sensor combo" feature is active;
          And means that the app is waiting for you to cover the proximity sensor if "timer delay" feature is active
          Now is easier to understand if Smart Screen Off is active or not.
    As far as I know this should happen only when you point a camera on your device (it can be seen only with a digital eye). Do you see it with your eyes?
    If yes:
    1) turn my app off;
    2) make a call and cover sensor until screen turns off.

Does the light turns on?

Something about this on Google

yes I see it with my eyes. it this the same light that it is on it when I do a call. It seems that sensor becames red when in use

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1352169