LTE Extended Battery

Search This thread

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
OK I just went to Verizon's site added the 49 battery to my cart and went to checkout and it was 25 with free fedex 2 day shipping. I am logged into my account when I place the order.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using xda premium

Nice! But not for me!!

Just checked and it's still at the $38 price. I wonder why VZW does this??

randpost

Dec 5, 2011
Phoenix
I just went into a VZ store and they charged 25.00 plus tax for the extended battery. So the 50% off still applies. FYI

I purchased at the store because the website wouldn't show me the discount at checkout.

Last edited:

geronemo

Jul 5, 2007
Yesterday the Local Verizon store had the batt. for $25.

Now if someone can answer 2 questions pls:

1) In performance what's the difference between the original 1850mAh and 2100mAh

2) Does the extended increase the thickness of the phone?

pls. let me know so i can make my decision.

thanks.

wyattyoss

Sep 3, 2010
Barely an increase of thickness, still fits most cases (commuter). The difference in strength isn't night and day, but I feel better knowing that it'll last longer than stock at least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: geronemo

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
As a PSA, I'll let you know that all I needed to do was to call VZW and they provide an adjustment to the price, back down to $24.99. But, being held-up by the price increase offered me some research time, and I went in a totally different direction.

In the past, I bought a back-up battery for very smartphone I've had. But, it seems that most of the time, I needed power right away, not 5 minutes later after I shut down, remove the back, pop in the fresh battery, replaced the back and booted-up. Now, with my GNex, I have a cover to add to the mix as well.

So, I got a Anker Astro 5600mah battery pack, which I think will fit my needs much better, as I can just plug it in and keep going (albeit with a connected pack!).

My GNex has an extended battery with GREAT battery life. So when I am in need for extra power, it's typically because I know I am burning the battery, like when watching a show or playing a power hungry game. I don't find myself "surprised" by low battery in the middle of a phone call, for instance. I think a pack actually fits my needs better than a replacement battery. Plus, it'll power my family's phones as well - will come in handy no doubt. Not to mention that it'll still provide benefit when I my Galaxy III. ;-)

Just wanted to share in the event someone else has similar usage patterns. $29 at Amazon, very highly-rated and free shipping.

Last edited:

billykxda

Mar 19, 2012
Got the Anker. For what I need, it's perfect. Very well designed/built with a bunch of useful adapters for other devices.

It charged my GNex from 74% to 100% very very fast.

I'd highly recommend it.

geronemo

Jul 5, 2007
I finally got the Verizon extended battery for $25.
I also have the Verizon Galaxy Nexus Shell and Holster that i got from ebay for $12.

I have to say with the extended battery this case doesn't fit properly.
I tried with the original back cover and extended battery back cover, so like many others i've taken the back cover off and an using this case with extended battery.

So far it's been few weeks and the batt. has not even onces come off.

The difference in batt. life between original and extended as welcoming, now i can easily go from morning till late night without having to charge it :)

xdalaw

Aug 14, 2005
New England
Got a couple from my BJ's Verizon Kiosk for $25. each last week. They didn't have them in stock, but ordered and shipped from Verizon directly at that price.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Barely an increase of thickness, still fits most cases (commuter). The difference in strength isn't night and day, but I feel better knowing that it'll last longer than stock at least.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2