CM9 vs. AOKP

Search This thread

Rob4828

Nov 13, 2011
AoKP with the TabletUI BY FAR!! Set dpi to 128 and you now have the sickest device anywhere!

Sent from my sgs2e4gt on AoKPb34 FD24 using the TabletUI @ 128 dpi aOS 4.0.4 using Tap@Talk 2 Beta 5

Aokp tablet UI is so boss. I'm starting to think about using only roms with tablet UI as daily drivers from now on.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2 Beta-5

Leegalaxy

Jan 8, 2011
New York City
I think this is a funny thread. One ROM would not exist without the other.
Both are great. I switch back and forth a lot.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

phpracing

Apr 20, 2011
Englewood, CO
when ICS (official OTA, not leaked) comes out then im gonna root then straight to AOKP. i just like it, i hear good things about it and i enjoy it on my buddies HP touchpad. though he need to update his to the latest AOKP

bsxed

Nov 3, 2010
West Virginia
I have a E4GT and I'm tired of waiting for samsung to release the official update and would like to go to AOKP. Seeing as everyone is very happy with it. I'm having trouble figuring out which File I need to download due to the fact that I don't see that they support samsung Galaxy S2. Hope I did not overlook anything in previous threads. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Oscar_david

Apr 12, 2012
I have a E4GT and I'm tired of waiting for samsung to release the official update and would like to go to AOKP. Seeing as everyone is very happy with it. I'm having trouble figuring out which File I need to download due to the fact that I don't see that they support samsung Galaxy S2. Hope I did not overlook anything in previous threads. Anyhelp would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Read the first post here: it has all you need to get started.

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1514665

[ROM]AOKP Build 34[FD19 Kernel][OS 4.0.4]UPDATED 04/24/12

Cheers.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using XDA

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
AOKP is based on CM9 Code. So they are the same. Even the easter eggs in CM9 are present in AOKP.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using xda premium

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
AOKP is definitely one up from cm9. Even though its the same code. AOKP is more «Fine tuned» so to speak.

ReActiveDisorder

Apr 12, 2012
Isn't aokp built on android source, not cm9?

Ugh...SMH...No it not built from Pure AOSP source. Its built directly from Cyanogenmod 9 Source Code. There is a pretty large difference. Without having the knowledge and software on a computer the average user wouldnt be able to tell the difference.

Reactions: JohnCorleone

hermeticist

Jul 21, 2008
I would move to AOKP but like the option in CM9 for the media controls. Anyone know how to enable them in AOKP?

scottx .

I love them both. I've been using CM9 on my phone because I feel its more stable and it doesn't have all the extra stuff I don't really need on the phone. I need it to perform since I use it for work all day. But when I'm at home and I'm playing on the tablet I want that extra toy to customize and mess with so I run AOKP. They both are truly awesome. I never thought I'd quit running miui, but I have. (Funny thing is, my wife hated ICS and made me put miui back on her phone)

Omar04

Jul 22, 2011
Kissimmee
Only ROMS I like are CM9 and AOKP but I like AOKP lot more for me it's more mature.

And soon AOKP will be build from source. Won't be a port anymore.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Leegalaxy

Jan 8, 2011
New York City
Only ROMS I like are CM9 and AOKP but I like AOKP lot more for me it's more mature.

And soon AOKP will be build from source. Won't be a port anymore.

How can AOKP be more mature that CM9 when it is built from CM9 source? :rolleyes:

It sounds like you might like Gummy ROM. It is built from the ground up but by a lot of the same development team as AOKP.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Aokp 32 is flawless for me so far. There's only 2 bugs I've found.

that-word-inigo-montoya-word-think-means-princess-bride-mand-demotivational-poster-1260739585.jpg
    Well as I'm sure you know, its all user preference. Do u want customization or stability? I my self use fd10 ...O-o

The only thing I didn't like about akop is when I hold the home button nothing happens. Not sure if it was just me but I like the recent apps shortcut.

That's fixed on build 32 :p

i could be wrong but i think the op was looking for a sort of list of comparisons like what are the major differences and similarities. it would actually be a pretty nice list to see as im sure a lot of us have been wondering the same thing.

Haha. You got me there. I guess flawless...apart from those 2 bugs. :p