Looking for rooted NC6 tar/rom

Search This thread

seskanda

Jun 15, 2014
I have Galaxy S4 tri-band SPH-L720T with L720TVPUBNC6 kitkat 4.4.2. I understand that rooting this phone will set Knox to 0x1. But i need Knox to use phone at work, unless someone knows of an alternative to it? I'm thinking an already rooted NC6 tar flashed via Odin will not trip knox, is that right? I've seen rooted stock roms before, but i could not find rooted NC6. Is there a way i could mod/root the original tar.md5 file and then flash it? Some help would be great.

Thanks a lot

seskanda

Jun 15, 2014
What are the odds of someone finding a way to root Kitkat without affecting Knox? If Knox 0x1 only voided the warranty and did not disable it then i would not care about it. I've found alternatives to Knox, that may have to be enough for now.

garwynn

Retired Forum Mod / Inactive Recognized Developer
Jul 30, 2011
NE Ohio
www.extra-life.org
What are the odds of someone finding a way to root Kitkat without affecting Knox? If Knox 0x1 only voided the warranty and did not disable it then i would not care about it. I've found alternatives to Knox, that may have to be enough for now.

Any methods that you will find that accomplish this have been guaranteed by Samsung to be quickly put to bed.
They're all for being able to root but they have to assure Enterprise MDM users of data security.
It's why I use the G2 for Airwatch and leave the S4/S5 for dev or home use.

seskanda

Jun 15, 2014
Any methods that you will find that accomplish this have been guaranteed by Samsung to be quickly put to bed.

What about this method below i found on xda after a lot of searching?:

Keep Knox 0x0 root- Kitkat upgrade

They're all for being able to root but they have to assure Enterprise MDM users of data security.
It's why I use the G2 for Airwatch and leave the S4/S5 for dev or home use.

If by G2, you mean LG G2, then yes it's all LG or HTC for me now. And Airwatch is on the top of my list of Enterprise MDM, This begs the question, if knox is tripped will Airwatch or another MDM still work? Or, since Knox is in the bootloader, can Samsung lock the phone to only use Knox?