[POLL] Cyanogenmod 12.1 - odexed or deodexed?

Do you want odexed or deodexed builds in the future? (Please read OP first!)

• Total voters
Search This thread

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Hey guys, I've created this thread to ask you about your opinion on odex/deodex for future builds!
You may also discuss about this topic below. However, please use the ROM threads for device-related questions and other topics. :)

Please read the summary below before taking the poll. :)

COMPRESSED ODEXED:
+ Faster boot times after updating the ROM
+ Needs noticeably less system space than uncompressed odex
- Requires manually extracting all odex files before deodexing (time-consuming!)

UNCOMPRESSED ODEXED:
+ Easily deodexable using Lollipop Batch Deodexer
- The most space consuming

DEODEXED:
+ Compatibility with mods like Sony Camera / Xposed framework
+ Saves around 50mb on system partition, compared to compressed odex
- Updating the ROM takes up to 10-15 minutes

Reactions: LeonardK

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
Talking about performance, there is no performance difference between COMPRESSED ODEXED & UNCOMPRESSED ODEXED?

ChrisBaron

Dec 1, 2013
Beside updating and booting after update: is there a difference in performance during normal use between an odexed and deodexed version of your ROM?

sent from my Xperia T using Tapatalk

Reactions: sebasanchez

Aria.A97

Nov 23, 2013
Then uncompressed odex would be best option. People who love Xposed will flash a deodexer zip and they are good to go (I have 560mb free in my system partition :D )

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Beside updating and booting after update: is there a difference in performance during normal use between an odexed and deodexed version of your ROM?

Actually, the difference between odex and deodex is just the fact that the files that are created during "Android is upgrading" screen are already stored on system partition and may simply be copied over by Android. :)

So apart from the much faster first boot (and a somewhat subjective "clean" feeling), there is no difference in performance. :)

WhiteNeo

Feb 13, 2013
Alright, looks like we're going the deodexed route then! :D
I'm quite curious myself to try Power Nap for Xposed, as it seems to be able to replicate Stamina Mode and save battery quite nicely. :)

Reactions: am486 and Ckovvi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Actually, the difference between odex and deodex is just the fact that the files that are created during "Android is upgrading" screen are already stored on system partition and may simply be copied over by Android. :)

So apart from the much faster first boot (and a somewhat subjective "clean" feeling), there is no difference in performance. :)

Thanks for clearing this up once and for all! You are the best, man! Here's my vote to deodexed! :)
    Alright, looks like we're going the deodexed route then! :D
    I'm quite curious myself to try Power Nap for Xposed, as it seems to be able to replicate Stamina Mode and save battery quite nicely. :)
    Hey guys, I've created this thread to ask you about your opinion on odex/deodex for future builds!
    You may also discuss about this topic below. However, please use the ROM threads for device-related questions and other topics. :)

Please read the summary below before taking the poll. :)

COMPRESSED ODEXED:
    + Needs noticeably less system space than uncompressed odex
    - Requires manually extracting all odex files before deodexing (time-consuming!)

UNCOMPRESSED ODEXED:
    + Easily deodexable using Lollipop Batch Deodexer
    - The most space consuming

DEODEXED:
    + Compatibility with mods like Sony Camera / Xposed framework
    + Saves around 50mb on system partition, compared to compressed odex
    - Updating the ROM takes up to 10-15 minutes