Viable volume rocker app to wake phone?

Search This thread

newnoize

Mar 17, 2012
Talcott
I have a non-rooted Moto Razr and I'm trying to find an app that will use the volume rocker to wake the phone. I don't plan to root right now because the phone works the way I liked without the root - this is the only problem.

It's a major design flaw - the power button. Too recessed and impossible to hit half the time.

I've tried:
GoLocker
NoLock (Works but I do enjoy having a lock screen.)
WidgetLocker
Others that I can remember the names of off the bat, but will probably notice them if I see the name.

Most of them work 1/2 the time. They wake using volume sometimes then other times they won't.

Anyone know of one that is viable without rooting?

!nstaGib

Feb 23, 2012
I have a non-rooted Moto Razr and I'm trying to find an app that will use the volume rocker to wake the phone. I don't plan to root right now because the phone works the way I liked without the root - this is the only problem.

It's a major design flaw - the power button. Too recessed and impossible to hit half the time.

I've tried:
GoLocker
NoLock (Works but I do enjoy having a lock screen.)
WidgetLocker
Others that I can remember the names of off the bat, but will probably notice them if I see the name.

Most of them work 1/2 the time. They wake using volume sometimes then other times they won't.

Anyone know of one that is viable without rooting?

Not likely. You're really just beating around the bush here, if you rooted you should be able to just swap the physical buttons mapping fairly easily.

Narc0lept1cN1nja

Apr 12, 2011
I'd just say root it, I don't really know if you can switch physical buttons with out root access. It has become so easy anymore, that if you managed to type out this message, you probably have enough computer skills to root without any problem.

bullswife98

Jan 14, 2011
I use an app called Magic Locker and it has an option to use volume rocker to wake phone. There's a free version (which it includes it) and a paid one. It also has lots of themes too.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA