Kit Kat killed my battery

Search This thread

loaded!

Dec 28, 2011
Salt lake City
anyone else having terrible battery life since the 4.4.2 update?

I can't believe how fast my battery drains now with average use. I used to get through the day and would usually be at about 70% left when I plug in at midnight. It's 4pm now and I'm already at 52%.

I've really noticed over the last 4 or 5 days after doing the OTA update on the 22nd.

I am connected to wifi all day, bluetooth is on, gps off. reallly only used for a few short phone calls, some texting and bluetooth streaming on my commute. This is the same usage and settings as was before the update with excellent battery life.

Looked around but couldn't see anything about this... am I alone here.

thanks!

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
I'm also noticing what I think is bad battery life. But I just got the phone and updated to KitKat before I even played around so I have nothing to compare to.

But I'm getting close to what appears to 12 hours on moderate use. This is my first full day with the phone so I'll know more in a couple days.

Sent from my LG-D801

unciviilized

Sep 27, 2011
TEXAS
Has anybody found a solution for this battery drain? Im at 59% with 2hrs sot . My nexus 4 battery is better than this.

Sent from my LG-D801 using Tapatalk

AspenSTi

Dec 18, 2011
Washington
So far my average is around 2.5 hrs screen time at the 50% mark.

Today it was at 3 hrs screen time at 50% (14 hours total). This is my first day being rooted also. I've only had the phone for 8 days now however, not sure if it's normal or not. Coming from my gs4 it's a ton better!

unciviilized

Sep 27, 2011
TEXAS
This is my second g2 the first one was on 4.2.2 and i remember that gave me almost 8 hrs sot on same settings

demoncamber

Jan 20, 2012
Yup same here. I fixed my deep sleep issue with root, and greenify virtually everything, but screen on kills my battery pretty fast. Getting about what you guys are as well.

Sent from my LG-D801