[Q] gap in display waterproof

Search This thread

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
just got my z2 and when sat in dark room with brightness turned up the bottom left of the screen shines a bit of light between the plastic trim and the glass display

now i am not bothered by this but will it leak water in when submerged? or am i been paranoid

also noticed the flash is off center a bit apart from that everything seems ok

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
I think gaps do compromise waterproof, and the off set camera or flash led is a early batch fault

Take note that i recomend you getting a replacement

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

In my question thread (http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2793532) I got the answer that it doesn't really affect waterproofing because the seal is made over a larger area than the gaps.

The gaps I have are at the top right, bottom left, and the middle of the entire left side (very minimal but noticeable to my very focusing eyes - I regret looking that close to my device)

Reactions: brockyneo

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Thanks for the replys the gap doesn't bother me just worried water would get in and the slight misalignmen of the camera flash doesn't seem to affect anything so I should be good shouldt I?

Thanks

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Thanks for the replys made me feel lot better now lol my only worry was the light coming through on the bottom left you can only just see it in a dark room but I was thinking if light can get through so can water

ParanormalBat

Jan 31, 2010
Thanks for the replys made me feel lot better now lol my only worry was the light coming through on the bottom left you can only just see it in a dark room but I was thinking if light can get through so can water

Some lining under the screen may have come off before the screen was adjusted on the device.

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
Im not sure light should come through, id say try to get a replacement anyways, you may get one of them new ones which has 0 heat issues

Sent from my D6503 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

problem is dont think id get a replacement as ive had it since 1st june and dont fancy having it sent off couse my experience you get it back worse then when it first went :crying:

brockyneo

Jan 17, 2010
In The Matrix
well it was annoying me so i thought what the hell i filled a bowl up and put the phone in the bowl (which even a waterproof phone i dont understand the point in doing lol) anyway after a minuet or so the phone seems all ok there was no bubbles coming from the phone to show water getting in and all seems ok so the gaps in my phone at least seems water tight (hopefully):victory::eek:

Top Liked Posts