[Q] My Phone Radio is a battery hog.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
Hello everyone.
I noticed something weird happening with my M8.

I changed my carrier last week, they gave me a new SIM Card.

I never had the issue when I was using the phone earlier. After I replaced the SIM Card with my new Card, I'm getting horrible battery drain. I attached a screenshot of my usage after a reboot.

That Radio was eating more battery than my screen. How's that possible ? My Note 3 barely consumes any battery on standby.
This one is sucking away all my power.

This is going crazy. I'm entering flight mode, as its losing 6-7 % overnight after a reboot.

I have everything disabled from sync, to google now, to "ok google". I'm on 0 brightness.

Can anyone suggest me something ? Any suggesstion/solutions are most welcome. Thanks in advance :good:

Attachments

• Radio_battery_drain.png
    Radio_battery_drain.png
    137 KB · Views: 176
D

Darth

Hello everyone.
I noticed something weird happening with my M8.

I changed my carrier last week, they gave me a new SIM Card.

I never had the issue when I was using the phone earlier. After I replaced the SIM Card with my new Card, I'm getting horrible battery drain. I attached a screenshot of my usage after a reboot.

That Radio was eating more battery than my screen. How's that possible ? My Note 3 barely consumes any battery on standby.
This one is sucking away all my power.

This is going crazy. I'm entering flight mode, as its losing 6-7 % overnight after a reboot.

I have everything disabled from sync, to google now, to "ok google". I'm on 0 brightness.

Can anyone suggest me something ? Any suggesstion/solutions are most welcome. Thanks in advance :good:

Honestly, that is not terrible standby. Tho a longer test would be more accurate.

Is location on? Have you disabled any HTC bloat?

Anyway, it's not that out of line really.

Best I normally get overnight is 0.4 percent drain per hour.... I'm rooted, debloated a lot of HTC stuff, location off and most other features.
I don't really see an issue. ;)

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
Honestly, that is not terrible standby. Tho a longer test would be more accurate.

Is location on? Have you disabled any HTC bloat?

Anyway, it's not that out of line really.

Best I normally get overnight is 0.4 percent drain per hour.... I'm rooted, debloated a lot of HTC stuff, location off and most other features.
I don't really see an issue. ;)

Thanks for the reply. I switch everything off including sync, motion launch gestures, auto brightness and location has been completely disabled including google location reporting.

When I enter flight mode in the night with extreme power saver, I only lose like 2-3 % overnight, with everything disabled. However its not the same with the flight mode turned off. I lose like 5-6 %. I barely have any apps from the play store. I also found that using a different launcher saves the battery..

And when I use the phone for sometime, the screen dominates the radio consumption..

Finally, please have a look at the screenshot I've attached. I lost 10% battery with 30mins of screen being on. Is it normal ? Please tell me..

Attachments

• rsz_screenshot_2014-08-13-11-43-14.png
    rsz_screenshot_2014-08-13-11-43-14.png
    164.3 KB · Views: 93
D

Darth

You must have rebooted. You used 6 percent with 30 minutes of screen time. Gsam stats reset when you reboot. So.... 6 percent drain with 30 minutes screen time is 8 hours plus screen with 100 percent gone. Lol

You are doing above average if you ask me.

Enjoy your device and stop worrying. ;)

Tej XFire

Aug 7, 2014
San Francisco
You must have rebooted. You used 6 percent with 30 minutes of screen time. Gsam stats reset when you reboot. So.... 6 percent drain with 30 minutes screen time is 8 hours plus screen with 100 percent gone. Lol

You are doing above average if you ask me.

Enjoy your device and stop worrying. ;)

Yes, thanks for the reply. Probably I'm more concerned about the battery... :confused: . I should stop bothering about it :cool:

Sent from my M8 with a happy battery !

Status
Not open for further replies.