[DEV] HeroC ICS 4.0.1 Development

Search This thread

jaybob413

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 31, 2007
Re-purposing this thread for those who are engaged in porting ICS 4.0.1 to HeroC.

Please try to keep this thread clean and restrict posts to topics relevant to getting ICS ported to the HeroC. It will make it much easier to focus on the effort at hand if we can refrain from the usual "When will it be done"; "Yay!"; "I know this isn't the right place"; "10char / +1" and "Me too!" posts.

If you have a burning need to express your joy, dismay, ambivalence or random thoughts, consider sending a PM, which I will make a best effort attempt to respond to within 180 days, time and weather permitting.

Last edited:

xDragod

Jun 18, 2010
I'm currently downloading source :) Hope to play with it soon! :D My little Hero is gonna get an upgrade ;D Too bad it's not activated

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the code isn't completely on the git servers yet? I heard devs should wait for the OK that everything is ready.

kyouko

Mar 6, 2010
hah, i came in here ready to flame cuz I figured it was an ICS request posted in the Dev section
xD then I saw it was jaybob

alex_camacho

Dec 8, 2010
I want this, but im not asking for it. I want to do this on my own... JA!!! wouldn't even know how to start.

Sad part is i really do want to do this on my own. No need to wish good louck. Yall have crazy skills.

It will get done.

Shelnutt2

Inactive Recognized Developer
Mar 8, 2010
Well I got the source synced and I moved some of the heroc stuff from cyanogenmod but still having some problems with lunch.

Code:
build/core/combo/TARGET_linux-arm.mk:39: *** Unknown ARM architecture version: armv6j.  Stop.

Looks like it'll take a little more work before getting it to compile. I haven't had time to look at anything yet, took forever to get the source. But looks like we might have to port it to armv6 as google only worked on armv7 builds. I'll work on it more tonight, but I'm sure the real devs will have it compiling by then ;)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Re-purposing this thread for those who are engaged in porting ICS 4.0.1 to HeroC.

Please try to keep this thread clean and restrict posts to topics relevant to getting ICS ported to the HeroC. It will make it much easier to focus on the effort at hand if we can refrain from the usual "When will it be done"; "Yay!"; "I know this isn't the right place"; "10char / +1" and "Me too!" posts.

If you have a burning need to express your joy, dismay, ambivalence or random thoughts, consider sending a PM, which I will make a best effort attempt to respond to within 180 days, time and weather permitting.
    Audio Driver Update

We now have updated audio drivers based on the original GB msm7k drivers, with mods gleaned from the ICS qcom/media drivers for the msm7x27a and msm7x30. This will be appearing soon in the next build posted in the ROM thread. For those of you who are building along, just pull the latest commit (or the entire repo) from the TeamICS android_hardware_qcom_media repo, and build audio.primary.heroc and audio_policy.heroc from your device tree make file instead of the .msm7k equivalents (Use eris or hero instead of heroc for those devices). After the update, it looks like the crashing, rotating outputs, and failure to play have been resolved.
    Status update on the camera...

I currently have it to the point where you can take pictures but the preview is blank and I haven't figured out how to get it to display yet. The actual pictures and zoom seem to be working fine though.

Along with using the libcamera compiled from gingerbread and the CAF patch for libcamera_client that jaybob talked about, i'm also using the MemoryHeapBase patch from here:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1448303

If interested, the logcat I'm getting currently:
    http://logcat.miui.us/579001
    Radio Progress

Radio for phone is working both making and receiving calls. Just a hack atm, but definitely moving in the right direction. After some sleep, then cleanup, on to data.
    I'm having the same trouble.

Getting a whole lot of:
    Code:
    frameworks/base/libs/gui/SurfaceTexture.cpp:860: error: isGPUSupportedFormat' was not declared in this scope

And similar. I never got 4.0.3 to compile actually. Any clues?

i am in the process of reviewing my build tree in order to update github to match the latest build. it currently builds 4.0.3 with no issues. will try to get it done in the next few days.