Philips Fidelio For android

Search This thread

HitchHiker

Mar 1, 2007
I don't know if you have seen these, but finally someone has made some great speakers/dock stations for our android devices. I hope that these are just the first of many to come.

Philips Fidelio

netscorer

Mar 1, 2011
It's Bluetooth, which means it's unreliable at best. And, of course, as everything that comes from Philips butt, it is about $50 overpriced for what it is.
But I am with you, given the absolute dearth of good speaker docks for android, it is tempting.

jondroot

Nov 13, 2011
I have had the larger Philips fidelio speaker for about a month now and have no regrets! Bluetooth streams seamlessly and provide rich bass :)

Sent from my Triumph using XDA App

jondroot

Nov 13, 2011
The native app needs improvement but I use a third party app anyways

Sent from my Triumph using XDA App

Canadoc

Nov 29, 2010
Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra
which 3rd party apps do you use?
Got the clock radio round one and like it as a dock and speaker but the app leads to significant battery drain in standby when not charging

wigginst

Aug 6, 2011
Interested in what app you are using as well. The Fidelio app is annoying trying to open every time I plug my phone in.

Sent from my Triumph using Tapatalk

HitchHiker

Mar 1, 2007
Got one for Christmas

Just thought that I would post and let you all know that I got the Philips AS851/37 Fidelio for Christmas. I love it. The sound is great, there are only two problems that I have with it so far, and only one of them is really a problem. First is that yes the Philis app sucks. Just use what ever audio programs you have been using and it works great. The second issue is that I love it so much I can't make up my mind which room of the house I want to keep it in. So I just move it around with me sometimes.

Last edited:

DanielMalmgren

Aug 4, 2010
Kisa
Did anyone of you find out the best apps to use with Fidelio? I got my new AS111 a few days ago. I really like the piece of hardware but the app is really crap.

Right now I'm testing Alarm Clock Plus which seems quite good so far.

One problem I'm having right now is that after a power outage here the clock on the device doesn't synk up again. I guess this is because I don't have the Fidelio app anymore, when I had it installed it wasn't any problem. If this is the case, does anyone know any other way to fix it than installing the Fidelio app?

/Daniel

jimloader

May 3, 2008
Bordeaux
Hi everyone ! Got one for my birthday, and I must say the excitement vanished quite quickly...
I'm spending a lot of enery trying to replace the Fidelio app, but so far without success.
I set the Fidelio (aka DockStation) alarm clock on "no sound" in order to let another third party alarm app play music, but the music keeps getting out in the smartphone speakers instead of the Fidelio's, and worse, I still get the forest birds ambiant sound ! I tried several alarm clock apps, even the Alarm Clock Plus mentionned above, none will let the sound go through bluetooth, although the media players are able to.
Does someone have any complete Bluetooth + Alarm combination working ?

Edit : forget what I said, I didn't go deep enough in the alarm apps options. There is one to use the music stream instead of the alarm stream when bluetooth on, and it was not activated by default. Works as a charm now.

Last edited:

trfr3ak

Sep 8, 2011
Set Time on Fidelio

One problem I'm having right now is that after a power outage here the clock on the device doesn't synk up again. I guess this is because I don't have the Fidelio app anymore, when I had it installed it wasn't any problem. If this is the case, does anyone know any other way to fix it than installing the Fidelio app?

/Daniel

Hey folks, I know, that this thread was long dead,
but because there was no solution in setting the clock on your fidelio device without using their app,
I created an App that does that. I tested it on my Nexus 7 with JB and on my Nexus 4 with KitKat and it works on both devices.
If someone needs it, try it and report if it works with other Fidelio devices as well.
Heres the Google Play Link: "Edit" sorry, Im not able to post links yet. My App is called Fidelio Time (de.fideltime.time)