[ODIN][UCLB3] UCLB3 Unbrick - Return to stock - Working PIT included

Search This thread
J

jscott30

ABOUT
-------------------
This is a package to return your Infuse 4G to a complete stock state with the AT&T UCLB3 Gingerbread release. It includes a PIT file to repartition your phone. Also, this resets the Custom Binary Download counter. Consider this a way to put the phone back to stock or to recover from a soft-brick without going all the way back to Froyo.

There is both a complete stock version and a rooted version below.

PACKAGES
-------------------
Stock UCLB3
UCLB3_Unbrick_1.1.zip

Stock UCLB3 with root
UCLB3_Unbrick_root_1.1.zip

The version with root works exactly like the above version, but adds root. To add CWM recovery to the rooted version, download a custom Gingerbread kernel from HERE or HERE and flash the zImage using SGS Kernel Flasher (found in the Play Store) on the phone. If you go this route for root and CWM, your Custom Binary Download counter will not show any custom binary activity.

INSTALL
-------------------
1.) Download and extract the zip package.

2.) Place phone in download mode.

3.) If needed, install latest Samsung USB drivers by installing Samsung Kies from HERE.

4.) Open the included Odin exe.

5.) If phone is detected, the window under ID:COM will turn yellow.

6.) Click on "PIT" to browse to and select infuse_gb.pit. Make sure that Re-Partition is selected.

7.) Click on "PDA" to browse to and select PDA_UCLB3.tar.md5.

8.) Click on "PHONE" to browse to and select PHONE_UCLB3.tar.md5.

9.) Click on "Start", and allow Odin to flash the phone. Do not unplug or power off the phone until Odin is finished.

10.) When the Odin dialogue reads "PASS!", the phone should reboot into the stock UCLB3 Setup Wizard.

FAQ
-------------------
1.) Should I do a software Factory Reset in settings after flashing this?

In the case that the Setup Wizard does not appear on the first boot, apps from a previous installation are still present, or you have other issues, go to Settings / Privacy and choose "Factory data reset" and then "Reset phone". This will ensure that the phone is completely reset, and that there is nothing left-over from a previous install to cause issues.

2.) I have rainbow distortion in recovery or in the boot animation. How can I get Gingerbread bootloaders to fix this?:

If you have rainbow distortion, you still have Froyo bootloaders. You can download THIS .rar file, extract using 7zip, and flash the tar.md5 package in Odin (use the pda slot). Flashing Gingerbread bootloaders will correct rainbow distortion in recovery and in the boot animation. Only flash these if you are having issues with rainbow distortion, and only if you have had success flashing other, less dangerous items in Odin.

3.) Does this package remove anything from the internal or external sdcard partitions?

This package does not remove anything from your internal or external sdcard partitions, so all of your user files stay on the phone. If you are using this to reset your phone to stock before selling it, etc., you should format personal storage by using options found under Settings / SD card and phone storage.

THANKS
-------------------
gtg465x for earlier unbrick packages and posts on using dd
imnuts for posts on how to create Odin images
Przekret for the Samsung UCLB3 leak
Everyone in the Infuse 4g XDA forum - for everything else

Last edited:
J

jscott30

CHANGELOG
-----------------
6/13/2012 - v. 1.1:

Fixed a bug in the initial version of the UCLB3 Unbrick that caused the phone to lose APN settings. After flashing the new version of the UCLB3 Unbrick, the phone now reboots into the Setup Wizard and does not have APN issues. Thank you to hvega11 for the heads up on the bug.

The new version is in a zip archive called UCLB3_Unbrick_1.1.zip and contains a README.txt file with this changelog information. If the zip archive README.txt does not contain this changelog, then you are using the older version. It is suggested that you delete that version and download version 1.1.

If you downloaded and used the initial version, you might have lost APN and carrier settings immediately after flashing. Go to Settings / Privacy and do a factory reset. This will set you back to normal. The new version should not normally require a factory reset after flashing, but a factory reset in settings is suggested if you have any issues.

Last edited:
T

tmease1

Just got off of work and i check xda to find a new port and a lb3 unbrick. I'm quiting work so i don't miss anything tomorrow.;) Excellent work on this. I'm tickled pink.:)

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I997 using xda premium

J

jscott30

Also, are you on AT&T or something else?

EDIT: Now that I'm on the PC, I can see that you are with AT&T. You can't see all of that in Tapatalk.

Last edited:

hvega11

Dec 26, 2011
Apex NC
att theres just signal bars no att logo no h icon then in settings when you click apn its empty the click on network operators and its grayed out you cant add or change anything at this point

Reactions: qkster
J

jscott30

Alright, have you tried doing a factory reset in Settings / Privacy? I'm also going to test again here. Let me know what you get after factory reset, though.

EDIT: Just got finished with another test. I got the exact same behavior. After flashing the UCLB3 Unbrick, the phone had no APN settings or carrier information. After doing a factory reset in Settings / Privacy, all is back to normal. Do that if you haven't, and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm taking the file down until we get better results without having to do a factory reset in settings. I think that I know what is causing this.

Last edited:

qkster

Retired Recognized Developer
Apr 5, 2011
USA
Alright, have you tried doing a factory reset in Settings / Privacy? I'm also going to test again here. Let me know what you get after factory reset, though.

EDIT: Just got finished with another test. I got the exact same behavior. After flashing the UCLB3 Unbrick, the phone had no APN settings or carrier information. After doing a factory reset in Settings / Privacy, all is back to normal. Do that if you haven't, and you'll be good to go.

Thanks for the heads up. I'm taking the file down until we get better results without having to do a factory reset in settings. I think that I know what is causing this.

What do you think is causing this?
Occasionally, I also noted that a factory reset is also needed to clear out all other data. I did not noted the APN problem though.

J

jscott30

What do you think is causing this?
Occasionally, I also noted that a factory reset is also needed to clear out all other data. I did not noted the APN problem though.

Since the PIT file repartitions the phone, the unbrick package has to have a dbdata.rfs file to rewrite that partition. Of course, neither this or the PIT file were included with the Przekret UCLB3 leak, so I dumped both from the phone, and edited the PIT file in a hex editor to remove several extra lines. The PIT file is good to go; I'm pretty sure that the issue lies in when I dumped the dbdata.rfs file from my phone. I live on the side of a mountain, and have very poor reception. I'm going to try to keep my personal settings and environment out of the mix when I dump the dbdata.rfs file. I'm trying a few things, but will let you know for sure after I test a theory. :)

J

jscott30

Thanks again hvega11 for giving us a heads up about the APN issue / bug in the first version of the UCLB3 Unbrick.

The UCLB3 Unbrick is fixed and good to go. It was the dbdata.rfs file. I needed to dump it right after clearing cache and data (factory reset), and with the phone on the Setup Wizard screen. The tricky part was still having adb access at that point with USB debugging enabled. I remembered that you can wipe data and cache in CWM recovery and still keep USB debugging enabled, so I did that. At reboot, as soon as I saw the Setup Wizard, I got an adb shell and dumped the necessary files.

The phone starts at the Setup Wizard now after using the UCLB3 Unbrick, and doesn't have any APN issues.

EDIT: Version 1.1 has been uploaded. The APN bug has been fixed. This is working 100% for me. I've tested it over and over, and tried many different scenarios coming from ICS and Gingerbread roms. Every time I get a 100% working stock phone at the UCLB3 Setup Wizard.

EDIT 2: The only time that users might have to do a Factory Reset in settings is in the case that apps from a previous install are still present, or if any other issues arise - just to be sure that nothing is left-over from a previous installation. In most cases, the user won't have to do a Factory Reset in settings.

I need as many people as possible to test this and report back that it works. Thanks!

Last edited:
J

jscott30

I've found that I personally prefer having an unbrick option that has root. So, I've updated the OP with a rooted UCLB3 Unbrick.

To get to CWM recovery from the rooted version: Flash any suitable custom Gingerbread kernel by using SGS Kernel Flasher. Then, it's back to flash, flash, flash, flash, flash, oops, unbrick, flash, flash, flash...

Neat thing is, that by not using download mode to install a custom kernel, the Custom Binary Download counter doesn't show any custom binary activity.

Clark Joseph Kent

Senior Mod / Moderator & RC-RT Committees Lead
Staff member
Dec 17, 2011
www.marines.com
Samsung Galaxy S24 Ultra
I've found that I personally prefer having an unbrick option that has root. So, I've updated the OP with a rooted UCLB3

:pGotta have Root:p

got%20root.png

Reactions: qkster
T

tmease1

A Unbrick with root. Very nice. Thank you a hundred times over. I feel like flashing something that i know i shouldn't just so i can use this. :)

Sent from my MB865 using xda premium

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    can someone please give me a mirror for the stock + root file??? also the odin :S i cant download it because the link its broken.... :(

Both links are working for me - from PC.

Are you attempting to download from your phone? If so you will need to use a browser that supports downloads - Dolphin or Opera will work, as may others. Best method is to download to your PC then copy over via USB connection. This has the added benefit of helping to confirm that your USB cable is reliable - which is essential when flashing Odin or Heimdall packages.

Good luck! :good::):good:

Update - Odin 1.7 available here: http://d-h.st/gU0

You will also need to have the Samsung drivers for Infuse installed - use Kies, or Kies Mini (Available from Samsung web site).

You can also find newer versions of Odin (Google = Your Friend) which may be more reliable.

If Odin doesn't work for you there's a (sometimes) more reliable option that's been put together using Heimdall by a kid who shows a lot of potential. His thread is available here: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1524081 :laugh:
    :)
    It's been good to have your company. Devices come and go, hopefully good ppl stay around.
    Will have to see what devices come down the road.;)

I aint going no where....qkster....

skull1.gif
    Hey qkster, I ended up getting an SGS3 (gets here on Weds.), so to keep my wife happy with the deal, I'm selling the Infuse. I'll still frequent the Infuse 4G threads, but obviously won't be able to do much more Infuse tinkering. I've learned a lot from you guys, and thank you for being so supportive. Hopefully I'll see some of you eventually over HERE.

:)

It's been good to have your company. Devices come and go, hopefully good ppl stay around.

Will have to see what devices come down the road.;)
    I aint going no where....qkster....

skull1.gif

I'm always glad to see you around, bro.
    Mirror for Odin and Heimdall UCLB3 Unbricks

Since Dev-Host is down...

---- Mirrors for two different options for UCLB3 stock with repartitioning ----

Odin - UCLB3 Unbrick with Repartition

Heimdall - UCLB3 Unbrick with Repartion

(Note - these are 100% stock. Neither have a custom kernel/recovery)