1.58.502.1 and firewater?

Search This thread

slapdaddy

Apr 9, 2008
Louisiana
Unless you're both just evil plants from AT&T involved in a dirty scheme to screw over xda members and have us all lose S-OFF! ............ No I'm kidding lmao, thanks for the info - I've been wanting to know this before I updated. :)

wattsja

Mar 1, 2006
Baton Rouge
I'll chime in as well.

I dropped my Nexus 5 on Wednesday (5/14) and shattered the screen .. As in glass is actually missing and you can see circuit board .. So I bought the HTC One (M8) from AT&T. I came home and first thing I did was pull the update from AT&T (200+mb). and once it completed I:
Got my 65mb space from Google Drive
rooted
installed a custom recovery
installed a custom ROM (ARHD5.5)
and finally did the s-off.

I am a happy camper!

Reactions: r33ver

r33ver

May 12, 2014
Google Drive Space!!!

I'll chime in as well.

I dropped my Nexus 5 on Wednesday (5/14) and shattered the screen .. As in glass is actually missing and you can see circuit board .. So I bought the HTC One (M8) from AT&T. I came home and first thing I did was pull the update from AT&T (200+mb). and once it completed I:
rooted

I am a happy camper!

I do thoroughly hate to Jack a thread, but I see that you were able to get your 50GB of space from Google (plus the 15GB of free space), something I simply can not make happen... I have tried following instructions found online, as well as having contacted Google, still waiting for response though, is anybody else having this problem, I get no prompt for activating any sort of promotion or anything.

Sorry, it just jumped into my mind, but I thought I'd ask, and if anybody has a link to a solution would be great!

Thanks for taking the time...

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

So I reset the Google app a total of three times, as well as having reset my phone once, and on the third it was finally able to get it to pull up the redemption offer. So, for anybody else still having the redemption problem AFTER the update, you may need to reset the app and/or your device for it to present you with the offer.

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
I'm just curious, what was the HBOOT version before the 1.58 update? It's 3.16.0.0000 after, so I'm wondering if this update just didn't include a new HBOOT which is why we are lucky this time around.

CirgioD

May 24, 2012
Washington
I'm just curious, what was the HBOOT version before the 1.58 update? It's 3.16.0.0000 after, so I'm wondering if this update just didn't include a new HBOOT which is why we are lucky this time around.

I thought I've seen it as 3.16 on 1.12.502., so I dug up this photo by @graffixnyc
uryqaper.jpg

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
I do thoroughly hate to Jack a thread, but I see that you were able to get your 50GB of space from Google (plus the 15GB of free space), something I simply can not make happen... I have tried following instructions found online, as well as having contacted Google, still waiting for response though, is anybody else having this problem, I get no prompt for activating any sort of promotion or anything.

Sorry, it just jumped into my mind, but I thought I'd ask, and if anybody has a link to a solution would be great!

Thanks for taking the time...

---------- Post added at 10:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:52 PM ----------

So I reset the Google app a total of three times, as well as having reset my phone once, and on the third it was finally able to get it to pull up the redemption offer. So, for anybody else still having the redemption problem AFTER the update, you may need to reset the app and/or your device for it to present you with the offer.

This actually wasn't offered for the AT&T variant so you got lucky. From what I've read, only international and dev phones got it

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
This actually wasn't offered for the AT&T variant so you got lucky. From what I've read, only international and dev phones got it

They do offer it for AT&T.

I own an AT&T model, and I had to hit up HTC chat to redeem it but they gave it to me. On the official changelog for the 1.58 build on HTC's website for the AT&T variant, one line is "Fix for Google Drive promotion redemption."

edit: they saw that I unlocked my bootloader (I guess HTCDev keeps a record of who requests unlock tokens) so the first person I spoke with couldn't help - but I jumped on again and the second person was quick to just shoot me an email link, and didn't even ask if I was unlocked or anything. Strange.

Last edited:
Reactions: brianray14

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton

I own an AT&T model, and I had to hit up HTC chat to redeem it but they gave it to me. On the official changelog for the 1.58 build on HTC's website for the AT&T variant, one line is "Fix for Google Drive promotion redemption."

Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up. Won't really do me much good as I have 65gb of space in drop box where I've only used 10gb but others could certainly benefit for sure

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
Ah, I stand corrected. Thanks for the heads up. Won't really do me much good as I have 65gb of space in drop box where I've only used 10gb but others could certainly benefit for sure

Same here, I got mine from the Galaxy S3 promo so my dropbox space expires this summer. So by doing this I can point my Google Drive storage folder to my Dropbox storage folder, and presto, data transferred and safe for another 2 years. ;)

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Same here, I got mine from the Galaxy S3 promo so my dropbox space expires this summer. So by doing this I can point my Google Drive storage folder to my Dropbox storage folder, and presto, data transferred and safe for another 2 years. ;)

HA! Same here. Got my promo with my s3 but I just recently redeemed the space after cleaning up my email box. Totally forgot about it lol.

I went to the HTC website and chatted with a rep. He asked if I unlocked and I said yes. Apparently you can't redeem the space after unlocking. Even relocking still shows in the HTC system that the device was unlocked so...no drive space for me. Hopefully I'll never need to utilize warranty.

Edit: just saw your edit. May try that myself or if it fails again might just contact the big G

Double ninja edit: Chatted with a second rep and was denied again

Last edited:

r33ver

May 12, 2014
Happy update to all!

It should work for AT&T users as well, just launch the Google Drive app, and either it will be presented upon running it for the first time during the tour, or you will need to go to the menu at the top right, and run the tour from there, but you will scroll up three times, and on the fourth it will present the offer!!!

Good luck to all the AT&T users trying to get their redemption! I am just thankful for this update, providing one of the features that was a selling point for this device...

Now, if only we could get a device that supported all of the M8 features, as well as things like the temp sensor, waterproofing, and SAMOLED display that the S5 has... Unfortunately, build quality like this is simply not compatible with some of those features... Here's to hoping though! :)

K.AuthoR

Nov 30, 2008
HA! Same here. Got my promo with my s3 but I just recently redeemed the space after cleaning up my email box. Totally forgot about it lol.

I went to the HTC website and chatted with a rep. He asked if I unlocked and I said yes. Apparently you can't redeem the space after unlocking. Even relocking still shows in the HTC system that the device was unlocked so...no drive space for me. Hopefully I'll never need to utilize warranty.

Edit: just saw your edit. May try that myself or if it fails again might just contact the big G

Some people had luck trying this: Get them on the horn again, and if they asked if you unlocked, say you requested a token but when you were presented with the warning you changed your mind and did not unlock your phone because you didn't know it would void the warranty and you wanted to keep that intact. They can only prove up to them emailing you an unlock token, they can't say what you do after that.

Reactions: brianray14

brianray14

Jan 29, 2011
Bradenton
Some people had luck trying this: Get them on the horn again, and if they asked if you unlocked, say you requested a token but when you were presented with the warning you changed your mind and did not unlock your phone because you didn't know it would void the warranty and you wanted to keep that intact. They can only prove up to them emailing you an unlock token, they can't say what you do after that.

Excellent suggestion but surely they've made a record of it now that I've contracted then several times. I suppose I'll give it one more go. We'll see, lol

Edit: It was a no go. Even gave serial number this time instead of imei and used different name and email address. It showed that it was registered to me and was noted that the boot loader is unlocked. Was just gonna give the space away to a buddy but I guess he's SOL. I'll hit up big G tomorrow and report back with how that went.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    My HTC One (M8) has been kept bone stock for now, but I'd like to update to 1.58.502.1 and then bootloader unlock, root, and firewater S-OFF. Can anyone confirm whether it is still possible after applying 1.58.502.1 OTA?

Confirmed. Just went through the process
    Brave. Thanks for being the guinea pig!

I can also verify that this works after latest OTA backup.
    I'll chime in as well.

rooted

I am a happy camper!

edit: they saw that I unlocked my bootloader (I guess HTCDev keeps a record of who requests unlock tokens) so the first person I spoke with couldn't help - but I jumped on again and the second person was quick to just shoot me an email link, and didn't even ask if I was unlocked or anything. Strange.