FireTv and LightPack.TV kit?

Search This thread

meistaiwan

Jun 20, 2014
I'm at the same point...trying to replace my raspberry pi with this (firetv is blazing fast), but need to get my lightpack working.

Does anyone have any idea where the source code for the android app is? I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I have some information for us!!

From a google group (I can't paste links yet, search for Lightpack Android affected google plus)

It is a group of android users who are trying to get lightpack working better on their android machines.

From FireTV wikipedia:

The device runs "Mojito," version 3.0 of the Android-based Fire OS which is compatible with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

From the google group:

Current version has the following limitations:
- Device should have Android API level between 14 and 17. That means Prismatik is broken for JB MR2 (4.2.2) and higher. High priority for this issue.

---------------------------------
is there any time estimate when higher version of android might be fully supported?
Well, rought(sp) estimation - within week or two. (June 17th, 6 days ago).

So that's good news!

danielcbit

May 15, 2013
I don't think that is the case here.

To test light pack I connected to my Moto X and installed the prismatik app. The phone does not have root, but Prismatik managed to detect and activate lightpack lights as well as I could control them.

The problem may be related to screen capturing, but we are not there yet. We need to make prismatik detect Lightpack first.

I'll keep investigating here.

I'm at the same point...trying to replace my raspberry pi with this (firetv is blazing fast), but need to get my lightpack working.

Does anyone have any idea where the source code for the android app is? I can't find it anywhere

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:46 PM ----------

I have some information for us!!

From a google group (I can't paste links yet, search for Lightpack Android affected google plus)

It is a group of android users who are trying to get lightpack working better on their android machines.

From FireTV wikipedia:

The device runs "Mojito," version 3.0 of the Android-based Fire OS which is compatible with Android 4.2.2 Jelly Bean.

From the google group:

Current version has the following limitations:
- Device should have Android API level between 14 and 17. That means Prismatik is broken for JB MR2 (4.2.2) and higher. High priority for this issue.

is there any time estimate when higher version of android might be fully supported?
Well, rought(sp) estimation - within week or two. (June 17th, 6 days ago).

So that's good news!

meistaiwan

Jun 20, 2014
Alexey Roslyakov is saying he is coming up with an update that may fix some screen capture issues on some devices soon...hopefully

Abrasher

Mar 11, 2008
Athens, GA
www.expandedmedia.org
I'm under the imoression it has nothing to do with screen capture. The issue is that the app isnt detecting the hardware. I think FireTV (as shared in the links I posted early on) doesn't enable usb access in any way and the hacks can make the hardware visible to us but not to the operating system.... in my humble opinion.

Sent from my HTC6600LVW using Tapatalk

Takeoo111111

May 12, 2010
I just gave it another try and Lightpack seems to be detected by Android/FireTV properly, just Prismatk can't access it.

"found Lightpack /dev/bus/usb/004/002"-Popup during start

System information:
FireTV 51.1.5.0, not rooted
Prismatik 0.50 (beta)

Logcat: http://pastebin.com/Qj2Rfexn
Dmesg: http://pastebin.com/mHGwFMve

Code:
ls -la /dev/bus/usb/004/002                                                    <
crw-rw---- root     usb      4285, 129 1970-02-27 01:33 002

I can also access the following files:
Code:
1|shell@android:/sys/class/usb_device/usbdev4.2/device

4-1:1.0/
authorized = 1 
avoid_reset_quirk = 0
bConfigurationValue = 1
bDeviceClass = 00
bDeviceProtocol = 00
bDeviceSubClass = 00
bMaxPacketSize0 = 64
bMaxPower = 500mA
bNumConfigurations = 1
bNumInterfaces = 1
bcdDevice = 0001
bmAttributes = c0
busnum = 4 
configuration = ""
descriptors = @P"`�   "��             !" 
dev = 189:385
devnum 2
devpath = 1
driver/
ep_00/
idProduct = 6022
idVendor = 1d50
manufacturer = lightpack.googlecode.com
maxchild = 0
power/
product = Lightpack
quirks = 0x0
removable = unknown
remove
serial = 9******************1
speed = 12
subsystem/
uevent/
urbnum = 14
usb_device/
version =  1.10

Last edited:

djs2456

Sep 21, 2010
Whats the verdict

DID you ever figure out a way to get this working. it does the same thing on my rooted fire tv. I would really like to get this working

Oxizee

Dec 3, 2015
I am curious too. I owning not an FireTV but an MiniX Neo U1, which does the same thing as FireTV.

The new android lightpack version, does detect my lightpack, but not screenscrabbing. Also the buttons Solid Color, Mood lamp dont work with version v.0.50 (beta)(cant enable/press the buttons).

Ive used an older version (v0.21) to get atleast the buttons to work in Prismatik so i can use Solid Color and Mood lamp, until the root thingy somehow is getting fixed for screen grabbing.

QLOzKT9.png

Last edited:

Oxizee

Dec 3, 2015
Just got info from Irene from Lightpack.tv

Irene (lightpack.tv)
May 19, 02:08
Hi!

We work on it.
Can you test our beta-version maybe on your device? root is not required anymore
Best wishes,
Irene

lightpack.

May 14, 18:45
Can you guys maybe relook into the Prismatik app for Android? I have bought an Minix Neo U1 a few days ago, which doesnt have root access.
For your screen grabbing part, it need root access on the Minix, which is not allowed. Now i cant use my Lightpack leds anymore on this box.
Do you guys have an solution, or get in touch with Minix, and make entries for it, to get it working on the Minix Neo U1? There alot more ppl asking this on the Minix forums.

=====

Told them i was using the latest prismatik (0.50) and root was still active on that. If i hear something new, i will let you guys know.

sjfourteen

Mar 2, 2016
I can confirm, that the Prismatik v0.73 for Android 5+ (beta) works with a fire tv (1 gen) with fire os 5.2.4.1!
Edit: Unfortunately, the sceen capturing stops when video playback is started.

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts