Search This thread

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
previewbig.png

previewbig2.png

Release v0.1

Features:
  • High visibility; theme brightness adjusts to enhance readability of certain screens and prompts
  • Custom screen experimentation; fancy about box, awesome mounting page
  • A beautiful, calm theme which takes makes troubleshooting your Kindle fun!

Known issue(s):
  • Progress bar is too dark, but still visible

DOWNLOAD (3.52 MB)
Please give me a thanks or a high five if you like this theme! You won't regret it.

Installation instructions are included in the download. Again, comments/suggestions are always welcome! Thanks, and enjoy the theme!

Last edited:

nateware

Apr 20, 2011
Definitely like it. This could just be my own personal idea but I think no button backgrounds would be kinda sweet. Maybe I'm just a big fan of a minimalist theme but that seems to be what you're going for.

krelvinaz

Feb 20, 2008
Mesa AZ
I get that you can do this... But I don't really get the point. How often are you actually in recovery?

Seems it would be better time spent on a theme that you use all the time instead.

Looks nice though.

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
I get that you can do this... But I don't really get the point. How often are you actually in recovery?

Seems it would be better time spent on a theme that you use all the time instead.

Looks nice though.

I don't know, man. I figure that some people care about the aesthetics of their device, and as a designer, I jump at any chance I have to improve an interface. I've already made my homescreen theme, so why not make a matching twrp theme?

There honestly is no point, really; twrp is fully functional as is. But if there is something that I can do to even remotely benefit the community, then why not? I'm learning in the process and hopefully this is an intro into some bigger projects.

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
Theme updated and download added! Check out the main post for more. Some interface features were added, such as a more stylish usb mounting page, about/info page, and more. Check it out!

Thanks again for all the positive comments everyone!

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
Very nice, it's very Metro-themed (from Windows Phone). Is it easy to create custom themes for TWRP? I'd like to have a go at it.

Thanks, man. Believe it or not, that's been my style of UI design for years--way before Windows 7 Phone came out. So now, I feel much less original.

Theming TWRP is actually pretty easy. The .xml is easy to understand and pick up if you've had even just a tiny bit of experience with something as simple as HTML. The most tedious thing is designing the theme and creating the 73 images my theme uses.

Last edited:

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
Update in the works!

I'm removing the option to wipe sd-ext, since it's non-existent on the Fire, as well as fixing the progress bar issue. I'm also optimizing images and cleaning code to reduce the file size. Any more suggestions while I'm doing some editing?

funnyangrykid

Mar 27, 2011
Right Here HELLO! :)
Hello everyone. I'm very interested in installing this theme for TWRP but it is my first time installing a theme for TWRP. Do I copy a drop the whole Rar/zip file to SDcard/TWRP directory or do I go into the zip file and copy and paste the folder named "THEME" into SDcard/TWRP directory?.. just tryna be careful.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

dj.lub

Jan 2, 2012
Minneapolis
Hello everyone. I'm very interested in installing this theme for TWRP but it is my first time installing a theme for TWRP. Do I copy a drop the whole Rar/zip file to SDcard/TWRP directory or do I go into the zip file and copy and paste the folder named "THEME" into SDcard/TWRP directory?.. just tryna be careful.

Sent from my Kindle Fire using xda premium

You got it! Just drop the 'theme' folder into your TWRP directory and reboot into TWRP. Make sure you don't touch the 'ui.zip' file inside the theme folder; TWRP is pretty picky with loading these things. Enjoy, bro!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    previewbig.png

previewbig2.png

Release v0.1

Features:
    • High visibility; theme brightness adjusts to enhance readability of certain screens and prompts
    • Custom screen experimentation; fancy about box, awesome mounting page
    • A beautiful, calm theme which takes makes troubleshooting your Kindle fun!

Known issue(s):
    • Progress bar is too dark, but still visible

DOWNLOAD (3.52 MB)
    Please give me a thanks or a high five if you like this theme! You won't regret it.

Installation instructions are included in the download. Again, comments/suggestions are always welcome! Thanks, and enjoy the theme!

Looks nice though.

I don't know, man. I figure that some people care about the aesthetics of their device, and as a designer, I jump at any chance I have to improve an interface. I've already made my homescreen theme, so why not make a matching twrp theme?

There honestly is no point, really; twrp is fully functional as is. But if there is something that I can do to even remotely benefit the community, then why not? I'm learning in the process and hopefully this is an intro into some bigger projects.
    I apologize for being off topic but.... What case is this?

It's the Acase that is on sale for Prime customers.

Got it on this deal: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1356838

Not the best craftmanship, but it's tough and thin.
    Did you rename the file to ui.zip? Should be in /sdcard/TWRP/THEME.

Sent from my Amazon Kindle Fire using Tapatalk
    Thanks for all the feedback, everyone. I really appreciate it.

I apologize for the lack of updates--college is eating up the majority of my time. I can't promise an ETA, but there are changes I'd like to get done for you guys. When I get an update done, I'll make sure you all know. Thanks for being patient with me.