[ROM][AOSP JDQ39E][cfX 4.8.1-toolchain][SR20] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

Search This thread
D

Deleted member 2915683

I know the fix for BT, and once I fix it will be uploaded as BR1 with configurable quick settings. Also will be building with faux123's non-OC kernel by default (no reason not to, and he's a great dev).

Edit: and THANK YOU to all testers. You have been a great community.

sent from codefireX

Looking forward to BR1 :)

kptnk

Apr 15, 2011
Paris
Hey Synergy, running your AR7 Test 4, very fast and smooth, great job ! Haven't test Blluetooth though, i don't use it.

Do you think you'll merge 4.2.1 for BR1 ?

P.S : Sorry for this stupid logcat last night ...:/ ....couldn't make it work

Reactions: synergye

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
Synergye, your bt issue could be Googles fault. 4.2.1 addresses a few things including Bluetooth and December.
Sent from my LG-E970 using xda premium
About to merge. I track 54 local branches because of all the optimizations, so merging is extra fun compared to a CM build ;P. In the mean time, could someone test the new test build in the testbuilds folder for bluetooth? If that doesn't work, then I"m just going for 4.2.1. Thank you all!

Edit: BR1 (Beta Release 1) uploaded! Please check the changelog and report any issues you may have. Per the requests of a few users, I have left the kernel as the stock mako kernel, but highly recommend faux123's kernels. Thank you!

Last edited:

DforDesign

Jul 1, 2011
Can Nexus 4 run any better than it is now?:D What are main things that can be fixed/upgraded except battery life in your opinion mate? Thx for your work

elliot.newnham

Mar 21, 2011
Atlanta
Wow, really slick rom... Pleasantly surprised by this, really well supported, stable as far as I can tell. and some really cool tweaks/settings for me to play with.

Thanks!

Reactions: ManOnTheMoon

synergye

Jul 6, 2010
I'm very glad you all are enjoying this project. As a quick update as to what I'm working on: I just added longpress back to kill (with configurable long press timeout) and am now working on forward porting navbar customizations and configurable navbar/status bar transparency. I also apologize that the adb icon toggle isn't working in BR1; it's already fixed in source.

sent from codefireX

Meangean

Nov 12, 2008
Can't wait for future updates. I am a former Inspire user. Great work team the rom is very smooth.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

il buono

May 12, 2011
Tucson
Definitely lookin forward to this once I get home :good: Getting tired of stock :D

Sent from my Nexus 4

|Logic|

Sep 19, 2009
Was there an app I also needed to get CFXSettings to work in Settings? It just crashes to the desktop when I try to go into it :confused:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    You will not be able to find a faster source built rom. Built with a custom gcc 4.8.1 toolchain, strict aliasing, isoc++11 mode, O3 completely, and well as other optimizations. Click HERE for a better thread, discussion, download, and more info.

KpPdB.png

CLICK HERE FOR INTERACTIVE CHANGELOG :)

0ewwe.png

sNCLZ.png

fixed the security settings fc for good now. That upload was actually also accidental, lol. Ran the wrong script when I went to do a personal build (cron jobs and scripts are how the nightlies usually get done). Sorry about that guys...but at least you know that progress is being made ;). SELInux was being such a ***** that we went back to partial release repos with a lot of master parts with progress we made while working off master. Actually just did a build with the best performance we've had in a build yet.

A release will come soon, just need to make sure that it will give the SR prefix it's true meaning back - Everything's even going through review now. Also holding off on nightlies (and accidental script execution) until the stable release. We also have a few new guys contributing to cfx who are doing killer jobs and working their asses off as well :)
    SR20 now up. Dirty flashing from any OpenMaster release will cause issues due to rolling database versions back, so you may need to clean flash.
    Big thanks to all contributors, this awesome team, and the great translation team.
    SR16 updated. This is a giant update and the first of it's kind (again) for a custom jb rom AFAICT. Think of arch linux or another rolling distribution but for android ;). This has many benefits such as staying more bleeding edge, but also means that we will no longer need to start over on the next major android release. This happens with all current custom android distributions, and is a real shame. Basically this means we're further ahead of the other roms even more so, and will be when the next major android release is merged in as well ;)

Big thanks to this awesome team, all contributors, and all translators.

Now yes we're working on fixing the navbar size issue as well as the others. This rebase was just something I had on mind for awhile now.
    Re: [ROM][AOSP OpenMaster][cfX 4.7.3-toolchain][SR16] OFFICIAL codefireX Nightlies!

A quick update: the nightlies aren't going right now because they would have the same selinux issue with root and sometimes not boot. I'm working on fixing it as well as Wi-Fi, and am hoping to have it fixed today.