Black screen on recovery?

Search This thread

justin.pavsek

Jul 2, 2012
Hey guys, I was looking for some help because I just rooted my new lg g2 I just got a week ago, and I wanted to flash a custom recovery. First I tried just installing cwm recovery using the rom manager app. When I rebooted into recovery, I got the little android dude with the open chest and the little red hazard triangle above it. So then I looked up how to install a recovery and I found the app flashify. I downloaded the twrp file and tried using flashify to flash it. When done flashing it asked me if I would like to reboot into recovery and I hit yes. It showed the LG logo for not even a second, and the screen just turned black. My phone runs fine, perfectly normal, I just can't get into the recovery I installed. Anyone ideas?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

joewaz

Dec 27, 2013
Hey guys, I was looking for some help because I just rooted my new lg g2 I just got a week ago, and I wanted to flash a custom recovery. First I tried just installing cwm recovery using the rom manager app. When I rebooted into recovery, I got the little android dude with the open chest and the little red hazard triangle above it. So then I looked up how to install a recovery and I found the app flashify. I downloaded the twrp file and tried using flashify to flash it. When done flashing it asked me if I would like to reboot into recovery and I hit yes. It showed the LG logo for not even a second, and the screen just turned black. My phone runs fine, perfectly normal, I just can't get into the recovery I installed. Anyone ideas?

Sent from my VS980 4G using xda app-developers app

Download the app freegee and install twrp using that.. Its a one click procedure that always works..then you should be able to boot into recovery no problem.. Don't use flashify to flash recovery.IMG because I have had some problems doing it that way with this phone for whatever reason... Trust me.. Freegee works like a charm

dbroadus2007

Aug 18, 2008
Fort Worth, TX
Thanks

Download the app freegee and install twrp using that.. Its a one click procedure that always works..then you should be able to boot into recovery no problem.. Don't use flashify to flash recovery.IMG because I have had some problems doing it that way with this phone for whatever reason... Trust me.. Freegee works like a charm

Freegee worked perfectly. ..saved me a lot of time searching and restoring back to stock!!

Thanks man