[Q] Restart and Bootloop, Seemingly Random

Search This thread

jmklei0

Feb 8, 2012
Is there anybody out there that can help?

I've had a SGN for over two years and it seems like I have always had problems with it. I've been through mulitple SIMS, devices, ROMS, and various apps. Most recently, I had to get a new device. It took several steps of troubleshooting, but I finally rooted the phone. Got Rootchecker Pro and was able to confirm with no errors. For a while now, when I wipe, CWM skips over Android_Secure because it can't be found. About a month, after rooting the phone, I flashed the CRDroid (based on Cyanogenmod) ROM. It was then that I would get bootloops after checking on the Mobile Networks setting. It didn't always do it right away. When it didn't restart immediately, I wouldn't be able to make phone calls. Shortly after, I went through the Developer Options and updated to CM 10.2. The Mobile Network Bootloops stopped and I thought everything was great. But, there has been about three times that the phone will randomly restart and go into a bootloop at the CM splash screen. It's happened a couple times randomly and yesterday after taking about 45 pictures over a 45-minute span.

Luckily, I've been much better about making Nandroid backups and it hasn't been a big deal to restore. You can imagine, though that it is incredibly annoying and critical sometimes. I've been trying to rack my brain about what is consistent about the bootloops and can't figure it out.

It's a Toro with CM 10.2 on 4.3 Android. I flashed Golden Kernel and PA 4.0 GAPPS.

I would love to see what everybody thinks the problem could be. Thanks again.