[ROM][BL1.1] VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1 [UPDATED - 4/11]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

gojimi

Retired Recognized Developer
Dec 2, 2010
www.gojimi.com
***ATTENTION IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A 4349+ STOCK ROM or MOD based off that PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNGRADE YOUR BOOTLOADER AND TNT VERSION BEFORE FLASHING CWM AND THIS OR ANY OTHER ROM****

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1036956

VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1

RC1? What happened to BETA? I skipped it... this was a MAJOR overhaul of code and features (this is one reason it has been a month since the experimentals stopped) and has really reached the stable build point. So what's missing? Nothing except High Definition Video Hardware Decoding... not sure if we will ever get that one working right on Gingerbread. Here are some of the feature additions and changes that have been done since the last Experimental:

* Uses the latest Pershoot kernel as of 04/09 - (install any modules you need using the instruction set at the bottom of this post ***most don't need this additional functionality***)
* Switched over to newer Camera Rotation Fix
* Added Tablet Friendly Launcher VTL.Launcher to the launcher options
* Screenshots/DDMS fixed via several commits to Nvidia GIT etc.
* Added in the External Storage Format and Unmount
* Pulled in the Tablet Tweaks
* Modified Tablet Tweaks to not Break our Device or Google API's
* Fixed up the Fullscreen handling issue
* Edited Statusbar buttons to fit with VEGAn-TAB Styling
* Newer Boot Animation - lowered quality to improve boot performance and speed
* Fixed layout of Launcher and added settings to settings page if default
* Added basic Google Apps to avoid confusion
* Added Tablet version of Quick Office
* Added Basic Tablet Keyboard Layout for English version of Gingerbread Keyboard
* Changed Default Browser User Agent to Desktop
* Added code to remove Phone Settings without losing market functionality
* Lot's of code cleanups and minor bug fixes

The Google apps has already been applied. Market WILL NOT SHOW in app drawer until you CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK. ONLY THE APPS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM THE MARKET ARE INSTALLED. Stuff like GMAIL, MAPS, etc. need installed through market. This way you will easily stay up to date on those apps. MY APPS in the market WORKS if it doesn't for you then you have restored something you shouldn't data or app wise or not followed the directions correctly.

Also installed is the QuickOfficeHD (pulled from adam).

SINCE THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE VERSION - NO MATTER THE ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM YOU MUST WIPE DATA! - Use Titanium Backup or similar to save app data. HOWEVER do NOT restore any system app data.... ie. Wireless Settings, CMParts Setting, etc.

After the first boot, and all the setup screens, PROMPTLYreboot the tablet to finish installation.

Install this using CWM 0.8 only at the moment. Till we can figure out why some tablets have issues with newer CWM versions.

****The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps now works download from the market.****

Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2.

Quadrant = 2100

Nenamark = 41 fps

DOWNLOAD is now in the downloads section here: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/downloads
Direct Download: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip
MD5: a90c97381d156ed5f43cdd2030472689 VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip

I am going to work on a more specialized installation instructions set soon I think. Installation is just like the experimentals through CWM wipe data/cache/dalvik... no exceptions. It could take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time as it is building the dalvik database and cache. Remember to reboot after first boot and setup screens to finish installation. ---- If you have issues booting the first time (ie. boot loops) and you have never run any other gingerbread build before then you probably need to NVFLASH to stock before you can run any GingerBread builds as there is a partition issue from factory on your device.... NVFLASH to stock will repartition everything for you.

Bug Reports can be done here in the forum for now... though I am working on http://vegantab.gojimi.com/bugtracker but we are having some issues with new user signups at the moment.

SCREENSHOTS:

beta1.1.png

beta1.2.png

beta1.3.png

beta1.4.png

beta1.5.png

beta1.6.png

beta1.7.png

beta1.8.png

beta1.9.png

beta1.10.png

Installing any of the additional kernel modules:

visit pershoots blog and find the latest post about gtab/zpad kernel: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
find the following and download:
lib-2632.36.tar.gz (kernel modules)
Download: lib-2632.36.tar.gz

To use one of the kernel modules:
Pull the one you want from lib-2632.36.tar.gz (winrar can open this),
adb remount
(if the folder modules doesn't exist then first - adb shell mkdir /system/lib/modules)
adb push MODULE.ko /system/lib/modules/
adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko
adb shell insmod /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko

Note:
You can download gscript lite from the Market, and put the insmod line in there, and tap when you want to insert it and use its functionality. ie. insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko

Last edited:

cuzzinz

Dec 4, 2008
i just installed harmony cm7 stable and now you do this! lol

man... you guys got me flashing 2 times a day now!

kodakeos

Mar 12, 2009
i come here looking for Cyanogen 7, and i find THIS?!! Come on!

No - seriously, this is AWESOME i can not WAIT to get home to flash this!
i was thinking hard about a Xoom, but realized that we have USB AND working microSD slots. and with all this gingerbread now, why bother!

ghostfaceg35

Jul 16, 2008
Dallas
Will the android market web page recognize this like it does VeganTab 5.1.1? That has been wonderful for getting some things to install that the market just wouldn't pick up through a search on the tab for something reason (like Samurai 2).

newbsauce

Mar 23, 2011
Fairfax, VA
Will the android market web page recognize this like it does VeganTab 5.1.1? That has been wonderful for getting some things to install that the market just wouldn't pick up through a search on the tab for something reason (like Samurai 2).

Have you tried changing your build.prop to recognize the device as an Atrix? I believe you simply rename the device to Olympus within the text.

Zaphod-Beeblebrox

Dec 3, 2009
Virginia
i just installed harmony cm7 stable and now you do this! lol

man... you guys got me flashing 2 times a day now!

+1.

Dang you GoJimi!!!

And here I thought VeganGinger would die off since CM7 looked so nice.

Crap!!! Now I've got to set it up ALL OVER AGAIN!

Just Kidding. It looks awesome and I'll happily Wipe data and start over for this.

ramerco

Mar 16, 2011
Curious what kernel this is built on also. Any plans for hardware video acceleration? Sorry had to ask.

Between this and CM7 stable release for harmony there is so much to try.

cuzzinz

Dec 4, 2008
it is good stuffs for me so far. Wish the lockscreen was full size and the camera worked properly but other than that it is good stuff

dharr18

Jul 6, 2010
gojimi. Bless you...and DAMN you! I just got CM7 loaded the way I like it. Downloading now...

DroidHam

Aug 8, 2010
Akron, OH
switched to rotary revamped lockscreen and it messed up. the lockscreen is half the screen size and doesnt allow me to unlock, wtf do I do?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ***ATTENTION IF YOU ARE COMING FROM A 4349+ STOCK ROM or MOD based off that PLEASE VISIT THE FOLLOWING LINK TO DOWNGRADE YOUR BOOTLOADER AND TNT VERSION BEFORE FLASHING CWM AND THIS OR ANY OTHER ROM****

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1036956

VEGAn-TAB GingerEdition STABLE RC1

RC1? What happened to BETA? I skipped it... this was a MAJOR overhaul of code and features (this is one reason it has been a month since the experimentals stopped) and has really reached the stable build point. So what's missing? Nothing except High Definition Video Hardware Decoding... not sure if we will ever get that one working right on Gingerbread. Here are some of the feature additions and changes that have been done since the last Experimental:

* Uses the latest Pershoot kernel as of 04/09 - (install any modules you need using the instruction set at the bottom of this post ***most don't need this additional functionality***)
    * Switched over to newer Camera Rotation Fix
    * Added Tablet Friendly Launcher VTL.Launcher to the launcher options
    * Screenshots/DDMS fixed via several commits to Nvidia GIT etc.
    * Added in the External Storage Format and Unmount
    * Pulled in the Tablet Tweaks
    * Modified Tablet Tweaks to not Break our Device or Google API's
    * Fixed up the Fullscreen handling issue
    * Edited Statusbar buttons to fit with VEGAn-TAB Styling
    * Newer Boot Animation - lowered quality to improve boot performance and speed
    * Fixed layout of Launcher and added settings to settings page if default
    * Added basic Google Apps to avoid confusion
    * Added Tablet version of Quick Office
    * Added Basic Tablet Keyboard Layout for English version of Gingerbread Keyboard
    * Changed Default Browser User Agent to Desktop
    * Added code to remove Phone Settings without losing market functionality
    * Lot's of code cleanups and minor bug fixes

The Google apps has already been applied. Market WILL NOT SHOW in app drawer until you CONNECT TO A WIRELESS NETWORK. ONLY THE APPS THAT YOU CAN'T GET FROM THE MARKET ARE INSTALLED. Stuff like GMAIL, MAPS, etc. need installed through market. This way you will easily stay up to date on those apps. MY APPS in the market WORKS if it doesn't for you then you have restored something you shouldn't data or app wise or not followed the directions correctly.

Also installed is the QuickOfficeHD (pulled from adam).

SINCE THIS IS A MAJOR RELEASE VERSION - NO MATTER THE ROM YOU ARE COMING FROM YOU MUST WIPE DATA! - Use Titanium Backup or similar to save app data. HOWEVER do NOT restore any system app data.... ie. Wireless Settings, CMParts Setting, etc.

After the first boot, and all the setup screens, PROMPTLYreboot the tablet to finish installation.

Install this using CWM 0.8 only at the moment. Till we can figure out why some tablets have issues with newer CWM versions.

****The Latest Flash player from the market now works. Latest google maps now works download from the market.****

Internal Memory is mapped to SDCard and external SD Card is mapped to SDCard2.

Quadrant = 2100

Nenamark = 41 fps

DOWNLOAD is now in the downloads section here: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/downloads
    Direct Download: http://vegantab.gojimi.com/download/VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip
    MD5: a90c97381d156ed5f43cdd2030472689 VEGAn-GE-7.0.0-RC1-Harmony-signed.zip

I am going to work on a more specialized installation instructions set soon I think. Installation is just like the experimentals through CWM wipe data/cache/dalvik... no exceptions. It could take up to 5 minutes to boot the first time as it is building the dalvik database and cache. Remember to reboot after first boot and setup screens to finish installation. ---- If you have issues booting the first time (ie. boot loops) and you have never run any other gingerbread build before then you probably need to NVFLASH to stock before you can run any GingerBread builds as there is a partition issue from factory on your device.... NVFLASH to stock will repartition everything for you.

Bug Reports can be done here in the forum for now... though I am working on http://vegantab.gojimi.com/bugtracker but we are having some issues with new user signups at the moment.

SCREENSHOTS:

beta1.1.png

beta1.2.png

beta1.3.png

beta1.4.png

beta1.5.png

beta1.6.png

beta1.7.png

beta1.8.png

beta1.9.png

beta1.10.png

Installing any of the additional kernel modules:

visit pershoots blog and find the latest post about gtab/zpad kernel: http://droidbasement.com/db-blog/
    find the following and download:
    lib-2632.36.tar.gz (kernel modules)
    Download: lib-2632.36.tar.gz

To use one of the kernel modules:
    Pull the one you want from lib-2632.36.tar.gz (winrar can open this),
    adb remount
    (if the folder modules doesn't exist then first - adb shell mkdir /system/lib/modules)
    adb push MODULE.ko /system/lib/modules/
    adb shell chmod 644 /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko
    adb shell insmod /system/lib/modules/MODULE.ko

Note:
    You can download gscript lite from the Market, and put the insmod line in there, and tap when you want to insert it and use its functionality. ie. insmod /system/lib/modules/cifs.ko
    I saw a few video request for a video review so I slapped something together. Sorry if my narration is boring and if I didn't cover everything. Just trying to help out where I can.

http://youtu.be/xWsChSC_d6M
    I'm still here.

News of my Death have been greatly exaggerated!

I am currently working on the newest market issues.... along with a serious of other fixes/patches/updates that I have been working on in my spare time which during the summer months is usually pretty sparse. An update should be soon.... currently have the market mostly working... just trying to get the tablet to see everything..... Google is to blame here once again.... adding things that make it difficult for a non sanctioned device access.

Chin up! More to come.
    RESERVED...

Reserved...
    Am I doing something wrong? i'm on 2.5.1.1 bekit 0.8 CWM...

have had no success flashing any CM7 or this rom.. was able to flash TNTs no prob.

is it a GB thing that i'm missing?

I have said this before, and its even in the OP, but since this thread is growing so fast, here it is again. :D

To those who getstuck at "powered by gtabdevs" screen, first try reflashing using calkulins format_all.zip frst. Then if you still getstuck reflash to stock with nvflash and try again. You likely have partition errors.
    These are all options within [the mounts menu of] cwm recovery. try running calkulins format_all.zip within cwm as that clears data, system, and cache automagically. If you do it manually,
    1. mount data then format data.
    2. then mountcache, format cache.
    3. mount system, format system.
    4. then flash gojimis sweet new rom.
    5. ??? profit...