~THeMe~ ~2.0.2.A.0.24 - Update ~ Gingerbread Theme ~Install via xRecovery!~

Search This thread

twebbas

Apr 2, 2011
Sorry for being such a noob, but I just can't get themes to work.
I have successfully rooted my x10 mini. I have installed xrecovery and I'm able to boot into xrecovery. I have tried install update.zip and install custom zip but after rebooting I'm stuck at the sony ericsson screen. Nothing happens.

I have tried 5 times now. Each time I end up reinstalling the original firmware with SEUS.

I would really like to have a new theme.

Btw. I have tried moving the files from within root explorer manually, but with the same result.

anantmangal

Mar 17, 2011
i installed the theme on my mini pro using xrecovery, but my phone is stuck at the sony ericsson logo! did i brick it? how can i start my phone again?

2Nine

Jun 6, 2011
too bad i didn't get what the numbers in thread title mean earlier...now my phone is bricked as i have 2.1.1.A.0.6 :/ i don't expect that would be a problem, but i like the theme very much, so i am next person who'd love to see it ported for 2.1.1.A.0.6 :)

icemancoe

Mar 30, 2011
HELP!!

hi i need help, my x10 mini pro is keep on restarting after this. please help in flashing my phone using computer only. tried restoring by pressing 'back button' for the xrecovery and it wont do anything. just restarting.

pls pls help

Craashy

Nov 27, 2011
Help!

I tried to install the Gingerbread theme on my X10 Mini Pro (Update 2.1) But now it keeps rebooting. It loads the Sony Ericsson text and then the animation and then switches off and reboots. Can you help?

thieuvn

Nov 25, 2011
Hanoi
Does it work on any ROM cook or 2.1 only?
I like this theme and my X10 mini pro is using 2.3.5 Sonybread V8

bhuwansaini

Dec 15, 2010
[Request]2.1.1.A.0.6 Update

NOOB ALERT!

Baseband - 015
Kernel - 2.6.29 SEMCUser@SEMCHost#1 (I guess stock kernel)

Should I go ahead with the theme?

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ~DEVELOPMENT STOPPED, THEME NO LONGER BEING WORKED ON~​

~ Here it is, Android 2.3 (Gingerbread) theme for X10 Mini/Pro (And 2.1 only)! ~
    [For Build 2.0.A.0.504 without the zip file and 2.0.2.A.0.24 with the zip file]

ixcc46.png
    esj8rs.png
    4lr7ti.png

(v1)​

tested on the Mini works 100%

Need to have ROOT to apply this theme.
    I'm not responsible if you brick your device, use at your own risk.

Added Reboot option, made the some icons clearer namely battery and fixed the bugs in settings.

..I find the xRecovery way of installation much easier & quicker

Install this theme via xRecovery (<-- click, if you want to know how to get recovery on your device)

1. Download the update.zip file: UPDATE.ZIP

2. Do not extract it, copy the update.zip file to the sdcard

3. Reboot your device into Recovery Mode

4. Go to install custom zip option

5. Click, Yes - Install /sdcard/update.zip, wait a little

6. Reboot your device and Enjoy :D

If you have any problems with any of the apks then re-install them manually.

I'll keep this TUT in here anyway:

How to manually replace the framework-res.apk (apply this theme) using Root Explorer:

1. Make a backup of the original framework-res.apk (found in /system)
    2. Extract the framework from the rar file (link below) then Copy the framework-res.apk to the SD card
    3. Mount /system in RootExplorer as "R/W"

vesyn7.png

4. Press the menu button and select the option 'Multi-select' then mark the framework file and Copy the framework-res.apk from the SD card to /system

33ldshk.png
    2cr1vso.png
    2r3v3h3.png

5. Set the permissions of the framework-res.apk to 644:

e5sdtz.png

In this part please Dont COPY the framework, but move it.
    6. Move the framework-res.apk from /system to /system/framework and click ok to replace the existing file.

fw203o.png
    2dhbtw4.png

7. Finally, restart your phone.

and Enjoy :D

Big thanks to:
    draco_ag (for his framework used as a base)
    mr.megi @ se-nse (for the 2.3 icons)​

To change icons in the dock (LauncherPro):

Keep hold of one of the icons and a menu will pop-up, you should see title 'Edit dock shortcut' then select 'Change icon' and then 'Custom icon' then select the icon

PS.. I'm not changing the download below to the latest until I know the update.zip file works perfectly

Guys! First Install the updated theme then Unzip this file: [2.0.2.A.0.24] Replace These Files to Make Theme Work.rar (below) then replace the extracted files with the ones in system/framework (root explorer method, remember to set permissions), the theme should now work properly (this is for 2.0.2.A.0.24 users only)

UPDATE: Has now got the old background which people requested for :)

Please don't forget to say
    f3tib.jpg
    ;)
    Updated OP - Added reboot option & install via xRecovery

PLEASE TRY IT AND DO LET ME KNOW IF YOU FIND ANY BUGS IN THE UPDATE.ZIP

Glad you like it :)
    Do you have a mini or mini pro if you have the mini try this:

1. go to update service application
    2. load it up to the x10 Mini update part
    3. then connect your phone to the computer
    4. keep hold of power + home (middle button) + back (hold all three)
    5. you should see the green light come on, then quickly let go of power and home button only, whilst still holding down the back button, then seus should detect your phone

if you don't see the green light, or if it doesn't detect your phone: keep of hold of back button (don't let go), then press both power and home until the green light comes on wen it does let go of power & home

(this works for me all the time so i don't see why it shouldn't work for you)

if this doesn't work you will have to wait until your battery dies completely then put it on charge for a while (without switching it on) and once it charged, connect to SEUS (sony ericsson update service) as you would normally and re-install 2.1..
    Good one Manny-!