[Q] Can't download MMS messages?

Search This thread

darrenp76

Aug 2, 2012
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

rymanh

Jan 11, 2012
Toronto
Hi everyone. I recently purchased a Galaxy S2 on the Koodo network and applied the Jedi Mind Trick ROM. Now everything works great, except I can't download mms messages. It just reads the time, date, size and "downloading". I've tried checking and unchecking the Auto-retrieve box and tried on either my data connection or Wifi at home and I can't get it to work. Any suggestions? Thank you.

Have you been able to download mms messages before on your T989? Do you have a data plan?

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda premium

Tornade69

Nov 4, 2011
Montreal Northshore

Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

Reactions: sharonbw

darrenp76

Aug 2, 2012
Yes, I have a data plan. I've only had it for a few weeks and I've never recieved an mms until a week ago and it didnt work. I tried the autoretrieve box on or off and it still didnt work. I read that it may have something to do with my VPN?

ITALIANNYC

Apr 20, 2012
Are you connected to wifi?

If you are, just restart your phone and click download. Always works for me

darrenp76

Aug 2, 2012
I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?

Bluntified

Jul 23, 2012
Sauga
I tried to download w/ wifi, but it didn't work. Restarting the phone also didn't work, Should I have some sort of value in the mms section of my VPN if its a Koodo phone?

Its your APN not VPN, they're different. You could be missing some fields in your APN.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-T989 using xda app-developers app

sharonbw

Sep 17, 2012
Put data on and if still not working try this : in messaging app hit menu, go setting and uncheck auto-retrieve... Works for me!

Wow! Finally found a fix for this annoying malfunction. Thank you thank you thank you!

SG2 i777 running supernexus but couldn't download mms even before root.

Sent from my original Kindle Fire masquerading as a Galaxy Nexus

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.