Way to sync my texts?

Search This thread

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Hello,
I have a wonderful nexus 5, that is my current cellular device. And I also have a wonderful nexus 7 2013. I tend to carry both with me all the time, considering the nexus fits perfectly in my jacket pockets.

I sync there files countless ways that it's as if my nexus 7 is simply an extension of of the 5. One thing that has been bugging me is the fact hangouts does not sync conversations via text messages from my nexus 5. Which makes sense considering there is no cellular plan on the nexus 7.

But that shouldn't make this impossible.
Couldn't there be a way I can sync my text messages some way or another. I know there is countless internet texting services that are completely free. Couldn't I forward my mobile texts to one so I can respond on the 7? Even if it took another number that's fine. I could just use a text app but I haven't found one that can forward my texts from my mobile.

Maybe I could figure out a way to use a combo of features. Maybe send the push notifications to my nexus 7 from the 5 but have it allow me to respond.

Heck maybe even if I could finally get a VNC server working on my nexus 5 that would be prefect too as I could just jump to it to respond and go back to nexus 7ing.

I don't know I'm at a loss so I figured id ask the collective intelligence to maybe help spark some ideas.
Or yet maybe someone's done this before with other devices.

Just thought I'd throw it out there, as I'm sure others would appreciate being able to do this at times too.

Thanks for your time guys.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

yosmokinman

Sep 30, 2012
^Pretty sure you can use whatever you want. I never used hangouts just the aosp message app.

The one you install on your phone isn't even an sms app it just links to the tablet app through your google account.

Try it out.

Reactions: charesa39

CJD14

Feb 21, 2014
Detroit
Kick ass guys. Thanks. Way simpler than I imagined.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Top Liked Posts