Problems transferring files to sdcard

Search This thread

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
I'm having trouble copying files (primarily music) to my sdcard. Either entire folders that are copied will show as empty, or only some of the files will copy. I also routinely get the message "your device might not be able to play this file", which I'm assuming is due to the fact that most of my music is in flac (does HTC assume most players don't know what to do with flac?).

Anybody else experiencing these bugs? :confused:

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
That's because kit kat doesn't support it. You have to use the xposed app "handle external storage" to be able to move stuff to your SD card

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Thanks for the info. I'm still learning my way around KitKat (and Xposed). :cool:

Ok... after doing some more research (and playing with xposed and other things), the issue is not resolved. I've already edited the platform.xml file to enable writing to the sdcard, but it doesn't help with transferring files from pc to the device via usb. Additionally, files that I did successfully write to the sdcard do not appear in Root Explorer, even though r/w is enabled, and various other apps (players) can identify the files. Either I'm missing something obvious, or KitKat is really screwy. I'm starting to miss Jelly Bean on my old Rezound. :(

Last edited:

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
Or just use this and reboot once you use it.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=nextapp.sdfix

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Thanks, but I've already tried that. It only implements the same changes as manually editing platform.xml. Once that's been done, NextApp will display this message:

mail

1ManWolfePack

Jul 11, 2012
It works perfect for me. I go into app settings and moved Google Music and everything else I could to the SD card.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Freedom First

Dec 7, 2011
Western Washington
Stock music player just won't pick em up? Won't read them?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW

Stock player, Poweramp, Neutron player all will show something different for available files in the specified folders. Root Explorer won't show files that I put in a folder labeled "Audio Books", even though I drag-and-drop the files there using my PC, and the PC shows they're there. I put four audio books on my sdcard in the last coupled days (in mp3), and the files are all missing. Now, plugging it in to my PC, the files are nowhere to be found. They were there (at least some of them) a day ago. WTH?? The folder is there, but it's empty. So empty I can hear an echo in there... ;)

Top Liked Posts