[Q] Constant wakelocks with GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN (GcmService)

Search This thread

santiagoroza

May 12, 2014
My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Is there any solution in between? Thanks in advance.

bibhu60

Dec 2, 2012
delhi
My phone (Moto G running stock Android 4.4.2 rooted) NEVER ever gets into deep sleep because of these two deadlocks: GCM_CONN_ALARM and GCM_CONN.

I tried blocking them using Wakelock Terminator (either in Google Play Services or in Android System) but it doesn't seem to do anything at all, either with the keyword filter or the total filter.

The wakelocks only stopped when I disabled GcmService (using the Disable Service app), but now I don't get many notifications (Gmail, Twitter, WhatsApp).

Why do you need to go in deep sleep you will miss notifications in deep sleep

gsusx

Apr 7, 2011
I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .

liveroy

Jun 8, 2007
/dev/null
www.gear-bg.com
I have the same wakelock on my Moto X. IS KILLING"my battery. . Anyone got any ideas. .

Start uninstalling things like FB, whatsapp, viber, Twitter and so everything that may want to sync periodically.

See if you can filter out what is actually keeping the given service active, thus keeping your device awake.

As a last resort, factory reset and start over.

Reactions: davraz79

09eric09

Jun 24, 2014
This popped up for me after using my alarm clock. Even after turning off the alarm, it still appears. Did you ever resolve the issue?

doylefermi

Mar 6, 2014

Use Greenify in Boost mode (works with xposed)

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Start uninstalling things like FB, whatsapp, viber, Twitter and so everything that may want to sync periodically.

See if you can filter out what is actually keeping the given service active, thus keeping your device awake.

As a last resort, factory reset and start over.