[Q] adb problem, no security popup, device unauthorised

Search This thread

xdaforummartin

May 23, 2014
I have a brand new windows 7 computer, I have installed the latest android SDK, I want to connect to my Nexus 10 using adb.

(device has windows drivers from SDK; "Android Composite ADB Interface". adb version 1.0.31)

when I do adb devices, it does see my device but it says my device is unauthorised.

It has never displayed the security popup.

I am convinec that the security pop up wouyld make this work, but i cannot get it to show, so that it does whatever magic it does.

I have tried plugging and unplugging the usb cable,
I have tried turning USB debugging on and off.
I have changed the USB connection from Camera, to Media, back to Camera.

I can see the adbkey file under $HOME/.android in windows

The android directory /data/misc/adb/ is empty

I have root.

How can I force the security popup to display?

Or how can I frig this so I can get it working?

What does the secuirty popup do anyway? probably just copy the adbkey file from windows into the android /misc/adb/ directory right? Can I do it by hand?

Slightly unrelated question, is it true that everything works first time, everytime on IOS?

es0tericcha0s

May 6, 2010
mobilemojo5280.com
I have a brand new windows 7 computer, I have installed the latest android SDK, I want to connect to my Nexus 10 using adb.

(device has windows drivers from SDK; "Android Composite ADB Interface". adb version 1.0.31)

when I do adb devices, it does see my device but it says my device is unauthorised.

It has never displayed the security popup.

I am convinec that the security pop up wouyld make this work, but i cannot get it to show, so that it does whatever magic it does.

I have tried plugging and unplugging the usb cable,
I have tried turning USB debugging on and off.
I have changed the USB connection from Camera, to Media, back to Camera.

I can see the adbkey file under $HOME/.android in windows

The android directory /data/misc/adb/ is empty

I have root.

How can I force the security popup to display?

Or how can I frig this so I can get it working?

What does the secuirty popup do anyway? probably just copy the adbkey file from windows into the android /misc/adb/ directory right? Can I do it by hand?

Slightly unrelated question, is it true that everything works first time, everytime on IOS?

While it is plugged in, revoke the permissions in Developer Options. Should be right under the USB Debugging option. Then unplug and plug it back in. Should pop up on the phone after that. And for the iPhone question, surely you're joking? Apple's software has bugs in it just like anything else. Check out the massive waves of complaints on any iPhone related forum any time there is a new update as an example.