[Heimdall][Odin][Stock][Root]UCKH7/KK6 Return/Unbrick to Stock (or Root)

Search This thread

sams74

Mar 27, 2008
Also, i believe you aren't limited to kk6, i ended up going back to kh7 because i read in several places kk6 was not a good update. I'm running kh7 then unnamed 1.3.2 and it's really nice.

s_spiff

Apr 20, 2011
Creepy - I did a factory reset multiple times. Now looking for a jig to reset that counter. I wanted to try out your method of ODIN, just that for some reason ODIN won't start up on my Windows 7 system.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'll go back to UCKH7, but can someone upload the modem package? Multiupload link seems broken.

creepyncrawly

Sep 3, 2010
Creepy - I did a factory reset multiple times. Now looking for a jig to reset that counter. I wanted to try out your method of ODIN, just that for some reason ODIN won't start up on my Windows 7 system.

---------- Post added at 06:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:32 PM ----------

I'll go back to UCKH7, but can someone upload the modem package? Multiupload link seems broken.

The modems are available as CWM flashable zip files in the modem thread.

Or you can find them in my Download Repoisitory.

Also, if you flash the return to stock one-click downloader from the return to the store guide, or the stock plus root one-click downloader from the other guide, they both contain the modem.

Reactions: 4-2ndtwin

s_spiff

Apr 20, 2011
Thanks

I have prepared Odin3 One-click Downloaders for the Stock non-rooted and Stock + Root packages. Each One-click Downloader also contains the Modem. This will make flashing back to stock or flashing root in Windows easier. These were tested and flashed successfully on my device. These could be posted in the OP for convenience.

Thank you very much!!

AaronStC

Oct 14, 2011
Sorry if this has been asked but is there a way to get back to stock without connecting to a computer? I'm having issues with the USB port on the phone and am not sure I'll be able to get the connection to work. I need to return to stock to hopefully exchange.

L

love.lgv.tx

All right, stupid question, but the UCKK6, which includes the cache file, can the .tar be flashed via Odin/PDA slot?

mcala

Oct 13, 2011
Can someone please post a link to the rooted UCKK6. Both linked sites do not work.

Jive1983

Jan 23, 2012
Hi guys,

I am having trouble with my screen orientation.. it prefers landscape and am unable to bring it back to portrait.. All these problem started after loading CM9.. I restored back to unnamed rom still having the same problem though.. I had raised a thread in the General forum for help..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23860474&posted=1#post23860474

I was suggested to load back to stock and see if that helps.. I have few questions hope some one can answer it.. I tried searching but couldn't find something related to my problem.

I bought this mobile in eBay it was unlocked, rooted loaded with unnamed rom..

I have no idea what this pit file is? and have no clue if this mobile has a bad pit file or not.. I thought I better check before I flash it back to stock. Do I have worry about this?

If I flash it back to stock will my mobile be locked again?

I am going to try it from Mac... has anyone done it successfully from Mac?

really sorry if this has been asked before. Your help will be truly appreciated?

h0ckey10

Jan 12, 2011
i flashed the odin linked in the op multiple times ( two be sure it wasnt a bad flash) and i get bootloops at the att screen. ideas?

Jive1983

Jan 23, 2012
Hi guys,

I am having trouble with my screen orientation.. it prefers landscape and am unable to bring it back to portrait.. All these problem started after loading CM9.. I restored back to unnamed rom still having the same problem though.. I had raised a thread in the General forum for help..

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=23860474&posted=1#post23860474

I was suggested to load back to stock and see if that helps.. I have few questions hope some one can answer it.. I tried searching but couldn't find something related to my problem.

I bought this mobile in eBay it was unlocked, rooted loaded with unnamed rom..

I have no idea what this pit file is? and have no clue if this mobile has a bad pit file or not.. I thought I better check before I flash it back to stock. Do I have worry about this?

If I flash it back to stock will my mobile be locked again?

I am going to try it from Mac... has anyone done it successfully from Mac?

really sorry if this has been asked before. Your help will be truly appreciated?

Please disregard this.. I have now managed to flash back to stock and now I can see accelerometer calibrator... After calibrating the accelerometer the problem now is gone. Thanks creepyncrawly, SmittyRN and CB650 Wolf, you guys put me in the right direction... Its all good now..

brent8577

Oct 1, 2011
thanks for this. I'm most likely selling my gs2 soon and will need this if the buyer requests. please update link if they are down.

KM00

Dec 1, 2010
Non of the donwload links seem to be working, is there any other for the kk6?

update: nevermind found it

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Multiupload links removed - MU seems to be gone forever. I will repost an unrooted UCKH7 package in the next week along with a modem package - Until then, use the rooted package and then remove:
    /system/xbin/su
    /system/bin/su
    /system/app/Superuser.apk
    And then reboot

I have uploaded Heimdall/Odin flashable kernel ,rooted system, and modem images to dev-host. This should be sufficient to unbrick most hosed-up phones, as long as you didn't flash a bad .pit. Note that after flashing this, you might need to wipe data depending on what ROM you were coming from. If you bootloop or things behave wacky, enter 3e recovery (stock kernel means stock recovery) and do a Wipe Data/Factory Reset. If you are reverting from UCKK6 back to UCKH7 you MUST perform this step or wifi will not work. If you're coming from a 100% stock ROM and only using this to gain root, you should be able to keep all your data and not need to wipe.

The kernel is 100% bone stock, the system image is stock except that it is pre-rooted (su binary and Superuser.apk)

I am including the modem in a separate package since that goes in a separate modem slot, and I don't want to reupload a 200+ MB file if I don't have to.

The kernel + rooted UCKH7 system package is here: http://dev-host.org/UWm
    Kernel + cache + rooted UCKK6 system package: http://dev-host.org/8LA

Download, extract the package using 7-Zip, which can be downloaded from http://www.7-zip.org/download.html, then either:
    1) (Tested on Linux, should work on MacOS) - Extract the tar and flash the components with heimdall from the commandline as follows:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --kernel zImage --factoryfs factoryfs.img
    for the kernel + system package, and:
    Code:
    heimdall flash --modem modem.bin
    for the modem package

I've never had good results with the Heimdall Frontend GUI.

2) (Tested by Jivy26 for kernel + system, untested for modem) - Flash the .tar in Odin. I'm a Linux user, so I have only tested this with Heimdall so far.
    Kernel + system package goes in PDA slot I believe, modem package in Phone slot.

If you are wondering why I used 7-Zip to compress the archive:
    7-Zip provides better compression ratios than Zip
    7-Zip is open source unlike RAR
    If it were a zip file, some doofus would probably think it was CWM-flashable and complain that it didn't flash.

Also - great thanks goes to Jivy26 for providing a stock /system dump. Without that it would not have been possible to make the system image or get a kernel dump.

Coming in the next few days - stock unrooted /system package.

Also just added - a param.lfs backup from my device. This is NOT contained in an Odin-flashable .tar file yet, I'll work on cleaning up my packages when I'm feeling better. I came down with a nasty cold a few days ago.

UPDATE:
    creepyncrawly has written an EXCELLENT step-by-step guide for flashing this with Odin. The guide is at:
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1313659

In addition, he posted an Odin-flashable tar package for just the stock kernel, for those who want to do a ! removal. I have mirrored the file (I don't trust Dropbox for long-term hosting) at http://www.multiupload.com/MD7SMMNG24 - his original post is at http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=18535109&postcount=174
    Odin3 One-click Downloaders for Stock and Stock + Root

I have prepared Odin3 One-click Downloaders for the Stock non-rooted and Stock + Root packages. Each One-click Downloader also contains the Modem. This will make flashing back to stock or flashing root in Windows easier. These were tested and flashed successfully on my device. These could be posted in the OP for convenience.

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img, and modem.bin)

Odin3 One-click Downloader I-777 UCKH7 Stock + Root No Bootloaders
    I777_UCKH7_OCD_Root_No_BL.7z
    (This one-click downloader flashes: zImage, factoryfs.img with root, and modem.bin)

How to Use:
    • Download the 7 zip package. Extract the contents of the zip file to a directory on your hard disk drive.
    • Start the Odin3 One-Click Downloader program by double clicking on "I777UCKH7 OCD No BL.exe" or "I777UCKH7 OCD Root No BL.exe".
    • Now Enter Download Mode:
      • With the phone powered off, plug in the usb cable while holding the vol up + vol down buttons (but not the power button).
      • When the warning screen appears, press Volume up to continue into download mode.
    • In Odin, the small edit box in the upper left corner will turn yellow, and say something like [0:COM8]. The number could be different.
    • Click Start. Watch the progress bar advance in green while the message box in the lower area describes the steps. When the flash is finished, the top left larger edit box will turn green and say PASS! and your phone will automatically reboot.
    • Unplug the usb cable from you phone after it boots up. Success.
    Stock Kernel Flashable .tar

Here is the stock kernel, extracted from the stock unrooted package in the OP, in an Odin flashable .tar, (see Download Repository, link in sig)

Created the tar file in Android Terminal Emulator on my phone. Flashed it twice successfully on my phone. Verified with CPU Spy:

Linux version 2.6.35.7-I777UCKH7-CL503881 (se.infra@SEP-50) (gcc version 4.4.0 (GCC) ) #2 SMP PREEMPT Sat Aug 27 04:53:41 KST 2011

I'm thinking this would be a good addition to the first post, as a few people may need it occasionally.
    Good job I wasn't using it as an excuse then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I777 using xda app-developers app

You were. You asked if wifi issues after reverting was a known bug. It is, and this is explicitly stated in the first post in addition to being bold, yet you chose to post without searching or even reading the first post in its entirety. Even if it is not bold with whatever crippled method you use to read these forums, the fact is - it is there, and you posted without reading.
    Uploading a package without root... Gonna be an hour or so.