Samsung T-499 (T-Mobile Dart)

Search This thread

ShawnnKushh

Mar 8, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The T-mobile Dart is a re-branded version of the Samsung Galaxy Mini, which has a working root with superoneclick, and clockworkmod, but the community hasnt offered very much for this phone when it comes to custom ROMs. the galaxy mini roms are not cross compatible but i feel like the could be ported over without to much work put into the mix. I wanted to start this thread to see if i could bring together some of our Dart users to try and create our own little category of roms for this phone. As of right now i know there is a semi-stable version of CM 7.1 for the dart with only a few issues (located here) but thats about it. my hope is that the ICS that is being ported to the mini could be adapted to our dart.

just for reference to install CWM you can visit this page for information on how to do that.

lets make this phone worth its dollar!

spawk

Jul 10, 2011
Mons,Bergen
i have tested porting my rom from mini to dart but after install bootloop if any one want to partici[ate i am ok i dont have dart phone only galaxi mimi i want help our dart user if any one have knew's ;) add it here

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012
i have tested porting my rom from mini to dart but after install bootloop if any one want to partici[ate i am ok i dont have dart phone only galaxi mimi i want help our dart user if any one have knew's ;) add it here

I am always ready to test on my Dart! :D Did you fix the bootloop?

---------- Post added at 06:35 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

That's what I been trying to get at but no one seems interested in developing for this phone

I have a Samsung Dart that I flashed CM7.2. Here is my info:

MY flashed Dart
Model number: Galaxy Mini (SGH-T499)
Android version: 2.3.7
Mod version: CyanogenMod-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG
Build number: GWK74

spawk is working on his ROM for the dart :)

---------- Post added at 07:09 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:35 PM ----------

I went to system/app and noticed alot of apps with .odex

My question: Should I reflash with a Deodexed Rom that I found? (Deodexed_update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG-signed_Signed.zip) Would this make the Dart run better?

If I flash this deodexed rom, would I have to do the whole wipe data/cache devlik cache?

best98

Aug 9, 2006
Brisach
Wow.. Dart is coming back on the scene..

I m having it in a drawer somewhere and as my HTC Aria begins to have random reboots (linked to the heating I guess) I am thinking in a swap.. either if it is not the same kind of device, it may be a good thing to see ICS there.

Fyi I also have a Gtab 10.1 and a Gnote S.. but this is a side note.

While I have some java skills, and know a bit around Android, I could help on that, but I have no ROM development knowledge. If someone wants to involve me, let me know !

Pierrick

Reactions: D1358531

huggs

Jan 12, 2010
the internet

My question: Should I reflash with a Deodexed Rom that I found? (Deodexed_update-cm-7.2.0-RC0-dart-KANG-signed_Signed.zip) Would this make the Dart run better?

If I flash this deodexed rom, would I have to do the whole wipe data/cache devlik cache?

If it's the deodexed version that someone here on XDA (sorry, can't remember who :confused:) deodexed DashBlack's CM7 rom for me, I flashed and it wouldn't boot. By the filename, it looks like that's the one it is.

Yes, you would want to data/cache wipe, wipe dalvik, and then flash, then another data wipe for good measure. But I wouldn't bother, as I already tried all that and it wouldn't get past the small Samsung logo.

DB's CM7 kang is the best thing out for the Dart as of now, but being odex'ed is the only thing about it that bugs me. It drives me nuts that I have my Dart running a really awesome CM7 rom, but can't do all the really cool stuff like transparent status bar or status bar layout mods.
Still, it beats running stock Froyo with TouchWiz any day

Reactions: D1358531

VirtualPirate

Sep 3, 2008
Norfolk
Local links

I would like to flash and upgrade my sgh-t499 but all the links to do so are leading to madteam's website. I have no problem with that except that it won't let me register, and hence won't let me see the links to get the recoveries needed, roms needed to upgrade my phone. A little help would be appreciated.

Feenx888

May 11, 2012
Montreal
Hi all,

I have been looking around for the files I need for the t499 but I always end up on old posts with broken links.

Could anyone post me the links for CWM 5.0.2.8 (i think its the latest for dart t499)

I also couldn't get the Odin and other files I need to flash CWM.

For rooted SuperOneClick is much easier to find and download.

Thanks

D1358531

Apr 1, 2012
Hi all,

I have been looking around for the files I need for the t499 but I always end up on old posts with broken links.

Could anyone post me the links for CWM 5.0.2.8 (i think its the latest for dart t499)

Thanks

I posted the .tar file for CWM v5.0.2.7 in post #17...I'll try to upload the Odin file in a bit

edit: OK, here is the Odin 7z file (it's a zip file): http://www.mediafire.com/?uuxsmuo1iwlc7m2 It has the tass file needed as well

Last edited:
Reactions: Feenx888

Feenx888

May 11, 2012
Montreal
I posted the .tar file for CWM v5.0.2.7 in post #17...I'll try to upload the Odin file in a bit

edit: OK, here is the Odin 7z file (it's a zip file): http://www.mediafire.com/?uuxsmuo1iwlc7m2 It has the tass file needed as well

Thanks but i read somewhere that cwm 5.0.2.8 is better than 5.0.2.7. Thats why i asked for it. I did see your post. Thanks again :)

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    This is one of the latest custom roms for Dart, modded by Daemon, if you'd like to try it :)

http://www.mediafire.com/?44939hc0ftzt1nd

It worked pretty well on my Dart when I had it.
    Wow.. Dart is coming back on the scene..

I m having it in a drawer somewhere and as my HTC Aria begins to have random reboots (linked to the heating I guess) I am thinking in a swap.. either if it is not the same kind of device, it may be a good thing to see ICS there.

Fyi I also have a Gtab 10.1 and a Gnote S.. but this is a side note.

While I have some java skills, and know a bit around Android, I could help on that, but I have no ROM development knowledge. If someone wants to involve me, let me know !

Pierrick

If it's the deodexed version that someone here on XDA (sorry, can't remember who :confused:) deodexed DashBlack's CM7 rom for me, I flashed and it wouldn't boot. By the filename, it looks like that's the one it is.

Yes, you would want to data/cache wipe, wipe dalvik, and then flash, then another data wipe for good measure. But I wouldn't bother, as I already tried all that and it wouldn't get past the small Samsung logo.

DB's CM7 kang is the best thing out for the Dart as of now, but being odex'ed is the only thing about it that bugs me. It drives me nuts that I have my Dart running a really awesome CM7 rom, but can't do all the really cool stuff like transparent status bar or status bar layout mods.
    Still, it beats running stock Froyo with TouchWiz any day
    Where is the CWB download i cant get to it?

I have the .tar file here
    Hi all,

Thanks