★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

Search This thread

cmckitterick

Jan 31, 2012
I'm having a problem with SMS messages in this ROM. Namely, I can send one no problem, but after sending the one, all subsequent SMS messages fail until I flip airplane mode on and off.

I installed the ROM and shortly thereafter flashed the baseband update posted here:

Everything else is working great, but this feature is quite important. Can you think of anything that might be causing this?

santod040

Recognized Developer / Recognized Contributor
Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I'm having a problem with SMS messages in this ROM. Namely, I can send one no problem, but after sending the one, all subsequent SMS messages fail until I flip airplane mode on and off.

I installed the ROM and shortly thereafter flashed the baseband update posted here:

Everything else is working great, but this feature is quite important. Can you think of anything that might be causing this?

Have seen other users with this same situation on many roms and different devices even.
I have not had this problem once myself.
Things to look at:
Did you flash the full firmware minus boot.img or just the radio? I suggest flashing the firmware.
Are you restoring messages using Titanium Backup or any other method?
If so, you should look to be sure you still have Messaging set as your default messaging app, as Tibu likes to set itself as the default messaging app after using it to restore.
Then any messages sent after, will fail, as Tibu is not a messaging program.
You can check this under Settings > More.
If you have the latest full firmware and did not restore anything, apps, data, etc,..then I'm out of suggestions.

cmckitterick

Jan 31, 2012
I flashed the phone with the full firmware/radio zip file using fastboot. I used SMS backup/restore, but I also switched the messaging program back to hangouts. I will try clearing everything and installing the ROM again, this time without restoring SMS messages.

If that doesn't help, would reflashing the firmware with fastboot be potentially dangerous?

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
I flashed the phone with the full firmware/radio zip file using fastboot. I used SMS backup/restore, but I also switched the messaging program back to hangouts. I will try clearing everything and installing the ROM again, this time without restoring SMS messages.

If that doesn't help, would reflashing the firmware with fastboot be potentially dangerous?

If you already flashed the firmware, then you are good there.
There is no danger in reflashing it, but it will have zero effect if you already have done so.
I would suggest doing what you mentioned, reflash and do not restore anything.
Then see if it works as intended.
I've never had good results restoring messages, especially across various bases.
So I just don't do it, ever. I realize some folks are able to do this easier then others, depending on what you have in your messages and its importance.

cmckitterick

Jan 31, 2012
If you already flashed the firmware, then you are good there.
There is no danger in reflashing it, but it will have zero effect if you already have done so.
I would suggest doing what you mentioned, reflash and do not restore anything.
Then see if it works as intended.
I've never had good results restoring messages, especially across various bases.
So I just don't do it, ever. I realize some folks are able to do this easier then others, depending on what you have in your messages and its importance.

I wasn't able to fix it by reinstalling the ROM. I don't have time to futz with this right now, so I went back to your stock ROM, which seems to work great. I'll give it another go later when I have more time.

clvnptl

Sep 9, 2013
Reactions: cmdrtomalacc

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
Hey, I got notification to update this rom to android 4.4.3. I've downloaded it, but wanted to check that it's ok to flash before I do. I know the m7 4.4.4 is avail, but rather just stick with this one , unless there is a big reason I shouldn't. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

santod040

Nov 7, 2008
NorCal
Hey, I got notification to update this rom to android 4.4.3. I've downloaded it, but wanted to check that it's ok to flash before I do. I know the m7 4.4.4 is avail, but rather just stick with this one , unless there is a big reason I shouldn't. I would appreciate any input. Thanks

This rom is a port.
You do not and cannot install an m8 factory OTA to it.
If you want to update, then flash my updated port. :)
If you don't wanna update, then just stay on this version.

findinghomer

Aug 13, 2013
This rom is a port.
You do not and cannot install an m8 factory OTA to it.
If you want to update, then flash my updated port. :)
If you don't wanna update, then just stay on this version.

Ok thanks. That's what I figured as a general rule, but found it odd I was prompted for an update without even having my verizon sim card in, so thought maybe it was part of your rom. Thanks for your response. Very nice Work !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    ★ ☆ [ROM][4.4.2] Google Edition | M8 2014 Series Port | tiKtaK ROM - 1.0.6 | 04-26-14 | ART | ☆ ★

tiKtaK ROM

Android 4.4.2
    KitKat
    Google Edition Rom

All New 2014 HTC One
    m8 series: KOT49H.H16 release-keys

Stock Google Edition 4.4.2

attachment.php

tiKtaK ROM

Stock port of the m8 Google Edition series

ABOUT:

This is based off of the New 2014 HTC One (m8) Google Edition and is considered experimental.
    This thread will be just for my m8 2014 GPE port for the Droid Dna. (m7 version not posted)

Superuser and all of your Google apps come preloaded. (no Gapps needed)
    I have found the rom to be stable enough, that I felt it was time to share.
    This rom will progress and change as Kitkat evolves and when new versions of Google Edition become available.
    I hope that you enjoy the tiKtaK experience. :)

Credits/Thanks:
    CM
    HTC
    Zarboz
    Flyhalf
    All other devs that have contributed to the dlx, m7, m8, and Android in general!

Requirements:

You must have at least an unlocked bootloader!
    You should have the latest radio and firmware/hboot
    You must be running a recent version of CWM or TWRP Recovery

Code:
    [B][COLOR="Red"]Sharing Policy:[/COLOR][/B]
    If you would like to use this rom or parts of this rom, in your own, you must ask me for permission first!
    Please do this via PM, so as not to distract from the purpose of the thread.
    These matters are best dealt with privately, for everyone's sake.
    Thanks for your undertanding and consideration.
    Violators of the above, will be reported to XDA Moderation for proper handling.

Downloads:

***NEW Experimental Series based off of the m8 Google Edition (2014) series
    tiKtaK-2014-GoogleEdition-1.0.6_KOT49H.H16 04-26-14

Mirrors

To enable Google Home on the Launcher:
    Sign into Google and run the Google Search app in the drawer.

_______

Known Issues:
    None that I know of... :)

Old Versions:

Wanna buy me a coffee to keep me going?
    CLICK HERE

XDA:DevDB Information
    ★ ☆ tiKtaK ROM | Google Edition ☆ ★, a ROM for the HTC Droid DNA

Contributors
    santod040
    ROM OS Version: 4.4.x KitKat
    ROM Kernel: Linux 3.4.x
    ROM Firmware Required: Latest firmware and radios
    Based On: Google Edition

Version Information
    Current Stable Version: RC1.0.6-KOT49H.H16
    Stable Release Date: 2014-04-14
    Current Beta Version: RC1.0.1-KOT49H.H16
    Beta Release Date: 2013-12-14

Created 2014-04-14
    Last Updated 2014-04-26
    Observations:

1) Battery life is great with ART enabled. I had about 10% more today when I got home compared to normal. (60%+ compared to the normal 50%, over an hour of screen time)

2) GPS doesn't work. Apps like Waze tell me the gps isn't turned on but it is.

3) Google search/now is not nearly as responsive with the hot word. I noticed last night and today in the car. I had to say OK Google so many times and then it finally worked when I pulled the phone closer to my face where it's been working in my dash mount for months. Is it possible it is using the wrong mic?

That's about it. Not complaining because this ROM is great. Bluetooth audio works which is a surprise considering unsense was garbled for me.

Huge fan. Great work.

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

1.) :)

2.) Fixed

3.) Fixed

Also fixed compatibility with the Google Camera update in the Play Store.

Update coming tonight...
    RC 1.0.4 is done uploading.
    It's basically just GPS that was fixed, as the mic changes I wanted to make were causing other issues, so I reverted them for now.
    Will continue to look into improving that feature/voice search/Ok Google...
    Hope this is better then no update for now at least. :good:
    GPS location lock resolved?

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Just what's in the changelog for now.
    I wanted to get all three versions(m7vzw,m7ul,dna) of this back to being ART compatible and this one on Official Dna kernel sources.
    I will look into improving on that next.
    UPDATED!~

RC1.0.6
    ART compatibility fixed up!
    Added Featured NuK3rn3l w/ working wifi N and wake options