KC1 update for i9000m (Bell Canada)

Search This thread

HiKsFiles

Aug 7, 2010
Québec city
Just hooked up my i9000m to Kies and got a message telling me an update is available.

PDA: KC1 / PHONE: KC1 / CSC: KC1 (BMC)

What is it?
Froyo 2.2.1?
Gingerbread?

Has it been out for a while?
I haven't hooked up the phone since the last update which fried my SGS by the way...

Can't seem to fin any info on the forum, or anywhere else on the web for that matter, so don't flame me if I'm just too dumb to find it. :)

Thanx!

Last edited:

redzone321

Nov 24, 2009
If I installed speed mod kernal without lag fix can I just plug into kies to update or do I need to restore default kernal

irid

Aug 21, 2009
Does the update keep the root or should I root again after it?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

irid

Aug 21, 2009
Ok, updated, rooted, Armenian fonts installed.....
Except for the new style gmail app, does anybody see other differences from jl2?

Sent from my GT-I9000M using XDA App

{Angel}

Mar 19, 2011
Anybody mind sharing the modem? This might be a replacement modem for jl2 for a lot of people.

You can extract the modem from your updated phone.

From terminal emulator or adb:

dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/bml12

This will save a copy to sdcard.

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA Premium App

FuryriderX

Aug 11, 2010
Stoney Creek, ON
you can tell if its any different by looking at the 'baseband version' - if its something newer than JL2 then the community would definitely love it!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Anybody mind sharing the modem? This might be a replacement modem for jl2 for a lot of people.

You can extract the modem from your updated phone.

From terminal emulator or adb:

dd if=/dev/block/bml12 of=/sdcard/bml12

This will save a copy to sdcard.

See attached.

FuryriderX: the Baseband version is reported as I9000UGKC1
    Here is the modem packaged for CWM. Enjoy and please let us know your experience with it.
    im a newbie and just got the galaxy can you tell me best way to root?? every time i try to search there are like multiple methods..

thanks

just use super one click use second option. super easy.
    Rename the attached modem file, adding .bin as the extension and flash in Odin.
    I just installed CK1 using {Angel}'s CWM packaging. No immediately noticeable changes. In my current spot of the house I am getting a signal strength of -99dBm, no change from the JL2 modem.

IMO You won't typically notice anything in signal strength itself until you get down around -110db... like if you had no service on a stretch of road, you might now have service. Things that hopefully will change will be voice quality, network speed at full signal and min. signal. Also how it hands off to other towers while traveling and also how it changes from 1900 to 850 and vice-versa. Another thing to look at is battery life at idle because the modem can effect how the phone sleeps.