[APP]Bubble v1.0.0 - Contact's memos on the call screen :)

Search This thread

nitzanj

Jul 24, 2010
Another app I'm involved with was published yesterday* - Bubble:

Your memory in Bubbles!
Bubble lets you keep memos for every contact you have. The greatness is that whenever that contact calls his bubbles are shown on the in-call screen :D
So, for instance:
Someone calls you and says he has a job interview tomorrow. You write a new bubble for that contact: 'Ask how the interview went!' - Next time he calls, you'll see that bubble right away and won't forget to ask :cool:

The app is completely free, with ads (No ads on the call screen! only in the app itself). This is the first version out so there are going to be a lot of changes and updates as we progress. We'd appreciate your input, good (straight in the market rating) or bad (in here please ;)).

A clarification for the worried: This app does not use any unauthorized APIs like some other call screen apps out there - this is merely a toast overlay with some added info. No buttons were changed/removed/added and the original behavior of the call screen remains intact.

Links and info:
Market and site links:
https://market.android.com/details?id=com.goodfriend.bubble
http://www.yourmemoryinbubbles.com/

Features:
* Contact screen with indication of bubbles for each contact.
* Convenient sorting:
- Alphabetically
- Contacts with bubbles up on the list
- Contacts with whom you last had calls up on the list
* Flashy bubble colors (might be too flashy for some... but we like it :p)
* Direct call from a contact's bubble list - When you want to call someone go to the app, review the bubbles for that contact and call him directly from there.
* Notification settings: When a contact with bubbles calls you get a notification for easy access to his bubbles, so you can update/delete after you've just seen them on the call screen. You can also activate notification for every call to add bubbles for contacts that still don't have any, right after they call. And of course you you can deactivate notification altogether.

Known issues:
* Force closes on a certain nexus1 with CM6.1 (Froyo).
* If there are duplicate contacts and they are not grouped (i.e. a contact from Google account and a contact from the phone itself) you will see both contacts in the Bubble's contact list. This is the same behavior as the regular android contact app, though there you can filter out by source (i.e. show only Google. show only sim etc.). We don't have filters for this yet.
* Consequently, if you add bubbles to a duplicate, you need to know which of the duplicates your phone recognizes for an incoming call. I.E. you have two contacts with the same number, your phone will choose one of them as the caller id when that 'number' calls you - that's the contact you'll need to add bubbles to, otherwise they won't show.
We're working on it, hopefully this will be resolved within a few days.

*The first one is Horror Run - I was the main programmer in both projects but the rest of the guys in the new project aren't related to that previous one.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    30.1 KB · Views: 743
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 668
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    33.6 KB · Views: 687
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.3 KB · Views: 657
Last edited:

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007
How i hate market sometimes....the app is not available for my rom ....I would have to flash CM to download it. Could you please attach an apk file to yur post?

nitzanj

Jul 24, 2010
Only restriction is 2.1 and up (mainly to prevent some compatibility issues headache), so if you have that it should work.
Either way I'll PM you a link so you can try it out anyway.

Reactions: -Arturo-

-Arturo-

Oct 7, 2007
Only restriction is 2.1 and up (mainly to prevent some compatibility issues headache), so if you have that it should work.

Well I have some problems with market/roms. I have used two roms recently a custom Android Froyo 2.2.1 and also CM 6.1 or 6.0 which is also based on froyo 2.2.1. On the web version of market I now have a drop down menu with two phones CM 6.0 and the other custom rom. Event though both roms are based on Froyo the market prevents me from installing certain apps on my current rom but indicates that I can download them on CM 6.0. Kind of annoying:) So when I find an app that I like I flash CM 6.0 download the app from the market, back it up ,flash my "every day use" rom and restore the app. Takes a bit of time..

Anyway feedback...

Excellent concept, very nice UI, everything is working as it supposed to.

Now the drawbacks I think the app needs a QVGA theme I assigned one bubble to a contact and it overlaps the answear/reject call sliders. I didn't try with more bubbles but I assume it would look even worst so smaller bubbles with a bit different placement for QVGA devices would be nice.

And one request..Would it be possible in the future releases to assign bubbles to contacts that are not in the phonebook? Something like this...check if the phone number is in the phonebook if not display certain bubble.

spoidar

Aug 13, 2010
Nice idea, but any way to have some less painful colours? Why not just use a colour picker?

nitzanj

Jul 24, 2010
Nice idea, but any way to have some less painful colours? Why not just use a colour picker?

Color scheme is something we discussed long about, we asked around a LOT, and it seems most people tend to like shiny flashy colors :)

However we already have several things in the works for a future version, custom colors and even pictures/patterns, customizable of course.

If we manage to lift it high enough to justify extra work, a lot of good will come into the next versions...

subworx

Oct 8, 2010
Hi there,

installed Bubble but didn't really get around to use it.
One question though: what is the "full internet access" permission for?
I don't like the idea of having an app on my device that can read all contacts and has full internet access...

Kind regards,
subworx

nitzanj

Jul 24, 2010
The access if for the ad servers (AdMob, AdWhirl etc.) and nothing else. No net usage in the app itself whatsoever.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Another app I'm involved with was published yesterday* - Bubble:

Your memory in Bubbles!
    Bubble lets you keep memos for every contact you have. The greatness is that whenever that contact calls his bubbles are shown on the in-call screen :D
    So, for instance:
    Someone calls you and says he has a job interview tomorrow. You write a new bubble for that contact: 'Ask how the interview went!' - Next time he calls, you'll see that bubble right away and won't forget to ask :cool:

The app is completely free, with ads (No ads on the call screen! only in the app itself). This is the first version out so there are going to be a lot of changes and updates as we progress. We'd appreciate your input, good (straight in the market rating) or bad (in here please ;)).

A clarification for the worried: This app does not use any unauthorized APIs like some other call screen apps out there - this is merely a toast overlay with some added info. No buttons were changed/removed/added and the original behavior of the call screen remains intact.

Links and info:
    Market and site links:
    https://market.android.com/details?id=com.goodfriend.bubble
    http://www.yourmemoryinbubbles.com/

Features:
    * Contact screen with indication of bubbles for each contact.
    * Convenient sorting:
    - Alphabetically
    - Contacts with bubbles up on the list
    - Contacts with whom you last had calls up on the list
    * Flashy bubble colors (might be too flashy for some... but we like it :p)
    * Direct call from a contact's bubble list - When you want to call someone go to the app, review the bubbles for that contact and call him directly from there.
    * Notification settings: When a contact with bubbles calls you get a notification for easy access to his bubbles, so you can update/delete after you've just seen them on the call screen. You can also activate notification for every call to add bubbles for contacts that still don't have any, right after they call. And of course you you can deactivate notification altogether.

Known issues:
    * Force closes on a certain nexus1 with CM6.1 (Froyo).
    * If there are duplicate contacts and they are not grouped (i.e. a contact from Google account and a contact from the phone itself) you will see both contacts in the Bubble's contact list. This is the same behavior as the regular android contact app, though there you can filter out by source (i.e. show only Google. show only sim etc.). We don't have filters for this yet.
    * Consequently, if you add bubbles to a duplicate, you need to know which of the duplicates your phone recognizes for an incoming call. I.E. you have two contacts with the same number, your phone will choose one of them as the caller id when that 'number' calls you - that's the contact you'll need to add bubbles to, otherwise they won't show.
    We're working on it, hopefully this will be resolved within a few days.

*The first one is Horror Run - I was the main programmer in both projects but the rest of the guys in the new project aren't related to that previous one.