Ascension Q & A

Status
Not open for further replies.
Search This thread

notobsessivejustcurious

Aug 25, 2011
It doesn't do anything. Hit the I hate haikus kill it for good button and you will never see it again. You are reading too much into it. It is a just a window with a haiku in it

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...

Is there a way to make the leisure suit an icon? That way I could use it as my drawer launcher? Sweet huh.

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Reactions: Pick_A_Name

tsubasa55

Sep 23, 2007
Try it with no patches. Download GPS Status from the market and let it run. Give it time the first time to download the assistance data. There is no need to flash crypted's gps fixes because those are what I have included. If it starts seeing a bunch of satellites but not locking, switch your gps Off from the pull down menu and toggle it back on and it should lock quickly. After that you shouldn't have issues. If you continue to have issues it may be a hardware issue.

with new rom and ur instructions i get lock on to 5 to 7 sats in about 10 secs but for some reason google maps flashing dot never turns into triangle :) anyways i can live with that since i really like this rom again thank you very much for all ur hard work i will try to donate soon as i get my paycheck ...

Galaen

Jan 28, 2009
Lufkin, Texas
Questions...

I flashed A5 last night, and I fell asleep many times throughout the process. I just want to see if I screwed something up. Now, these things do not affect performance, they are just cosmetic.

1. Go into phone -> settings and tell me if I am the only one with two options for "dialpad settings". Not a complaint, but I thought I was seeing things! Had a good laugh about it.

2. If you go into "system settings" and scroll down to "about phone", what does your Build Number say? Mine still says A4.

I am especially curious about the second one. I am going to be very angry at myself if I stayed up late and didn't even flash the correct rom! Thanks!!

tyler79durdan

Sep 28, 2011
1:1.61803
Broken link in ROM thread...

Not Found

The requested URL /Inspire/Absolution/ICS/OTA/Roms/Ascension-1.05A5-b1.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

The link in post 281(of ROM thread) is working.

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
Just a heads up

In your About Phone it will say this is Ascension-v1.0A4-b1 but it is in fact Ascension-v1.0A5-b1
My mistake as I pushed this out late with very little sleep.
Edit: Fixed and Added to the First Post Download
Enjoy the Ride!

Last edited:

Galaen

Jan 28, 2009
Lufkin, Texas
In your About Phone it will say this is Ascension-v1.0A4-b1 but it is in fact Ascension-v1.0A5-b1

Enjoy the Ride!

Believe me, I understand your situation! I barely survived the flashing and setup process last night, so I can only imagine what you were going through! Just had to check because if I went through all that and ended up flashing the wrong rom, I was going to stick my head in the microwave!

Enjoy the Ride!

Take a break man! awesome work but you need to take a break!!

Sent from my Inspire 4G using xda premium

Larz_Plummer

Aug 11, 2010
Boise, ID
I am getting a lot of market incompatibilities since b4r1. Stock DPI, no patches applied. Nova Launcher, Flash Player, and Facebook are the major ones I was surprised about due to not having this problem with prior releases.

EDIT: I should mention that before flashing b4r1, I did a full wipe, and am having the same problem with b5r1

flappjaxxx

Apr 8, 2009
Somewhere, FL
I am getting a lot of market incompatibilities since b4r1. Stock DPI, no patches applied. Nova Launcher, Flash Player, and Facebook are the major ones I was surprised about due to not having this problem with prior releases.

EDIT: I should mention that before flashing b4r1, I did a full wipe, and am having the same problem with b5r1

If you are running Stock 240 dpi you shouldn't be having these compatibility issues.
Did you full wipe before Alpha 5? You said you did before Alpha 4 but not Alpha 5.
If it was gooned up with Alpha 4 and you didn't full wipe before Alpha 5 then I am sure something carried over. Full wipe then Alpha 5 is my suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thread Open again!

Threads are no open again which me Ascension will continue on!
    A few guidelines I expect everyone to follow to make sure we continue on.

1. Don't demand support for this alpha quality rom. Don't get offended if someone tells you to search for a solution.

2. Read the first and second posts completely.

3. Do not be ugly or rude in my threads. I am serious about this. I will close them down again the minute people stop being nice.

4. I don't care what feature is in what rom. I add features as I see fit or as I learn how to implement them. Don't start feature requesting the minute a release drops. I have a life outside of XDA and Android and ICS. If I drop a release that means I just got done spending many many hours working on it. Keep that in mind.

5. Have fun and enjoy Ascension!

Don't fret. Give redemption a try. It's a great ICS ROM from The Collective. It's solid and has been my daily driver for quite awhile. It's still being updated.

I do thank flappjaxxx for all his efforts. I have been using his ROMs since bbmod. I can't wait to see what he does next.

RIP Ascension.

Absolution 3.7 /Redemption A4.0

May even have some newer projects coming up to offer some more variety to the collective lineup. Stay tuned...

Redemption/Absolution/Ascension
    Alpha 4 is Live!

"The Dude" is Live in the form of Alpha 4 build 1 in the First Post or in the OTA!
    I dedicate this one to dude6595 for donating a spiffy Nexus One Phone (my secret favorite device)
    Thanks Dude! And thanks to everyone else who has donated or helped out in the threads and enjoy the ride everyone!
    I've had nothing but problems with the app compatibility in the market after changing the DPI. None of the fixes worked. I could clear the cache and restart all day long and still get errors. It would work maybe once or twice when first installing the rom and after a reboot it would go right back to incompatible. This left me with the problem of choosing stock dpi or changing the dpi back every few days to check for updates. Not saying anything bad about the devs they made it clear dpi change wouldn't play nice with all phones. Mine especially hated it as I've had the problem since absolution 3.5 or somewhere around there. Even with Ascension I still get the message. For those of you who are "screwed" like me and love having a different DPI I found an app that appears to work to fix the problem. https://market.android.com/details?...wyLDEsImNvbS5iaXJkYXBpLmFuZHJvaWQuZHBpcHJvIl0. LCD Density Modder Pro. I put it on my touchpad and my phone earlier this afternoon and it worked like a charm on both. No more dpi problems in the market for me. Just thought I'd share. Sadly it isn't a free app but the frustration it saves me and how easy it is makes it worth it to me.

Another problem I've had, no fault on the part of the devs, is facebook refuses to sync my contact's pictures. It's the little things in life that drive me nuts. The issue isn't just our phones a quick google reveals this is an ongoing problem with many people. So the market to the rescue again https://market.android.com/details?...0by5wcm9ncmFtLmFuZHJvaWQuc3luYy5mYWNlYm9vayJd Friends Sync will sync your FB contact's pictures. Don't even need to have the stupid FB app installed anymore! Just fyi there are quite a few sync apps that do this so you can pick which one you want. I just happened to settle on this one.

Just thought I'd share 2 solutions to irritating things I've found. Hopefully I didn't sound too salesmanish as I am not associated with either of those apps in any way shape or form other than the fact that they do what needed to be done for me.

As always thank you collective crew for the great roms, awesome availability for questions, and patience way beyond anything I could ever hope to have.

Very little

Sent from A VAN DOWN BY THE RIVER! In my beloved velvet leisure suit...