[GUIDE] How to upgrade, root & flash Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 [DOWNLOAD LINKS | CWM5]

Search This thread

MorfLFC

Mar 15, 2012
on the link i have gave i think it doesnt require root.. just try.. :)

EDIT: Phone rooted and CWM V4 on my ace. When your updating the version from SD there are a load of no's and one yes option (to install update) in the recovery. However there is no option for explictly upgrading version 4 to 5. Anyone got any clues on the next step?

Last edited:

trushers

Oct 26, 2011

MorfLFC

Mar 15, 2012
Last edited:

trushers

Oct 26, 2011
Yes I get a error: E: Can't open /sdcard/update.zip - (No such file or directory) Installation Aborted.

I know this means that I haven't named the CWMv5 file "update.zip". Should I just try and "install" rather than "update" clockmod V4?

may i ask where have you put your cwm5 file? i mean the .zip? i think it should be located on the root folder of your sd card..

edruiter

Apr 26, 2009
Franeker
Bricked?

Finally got the change to "upgrade" my sisters phone, but i think i just bricked it.

It currently runs on froyo, i rooted it a long time ago. Today i installed CWM (5.0.2.6). I then booted the phone (in stock firmware) and used the CWM app to boot into recovery.
Now it hangs on the screen that with the samsung name and website. No way to get into recory.
I can get into downloading and ramdump mode, and tried both to connect to Kies for a emergeny firmware recovery, both keeps " connecting" to the phone.

Is there any way to fix what i just did?

spicediablo

Oct 26, 2011
Malaysia
OnePlus 11
Try to put the phone in download mode and flash stock rom using Odin.:) good luck
Finally got the change to "upgrade" my sisters phone, but i think i just bricked it.

It currently runs on froyo, i rooted it a long time ago. Today i installed CWM (5.0.2.6). I then booted the phone (in stock firmware) and used the CWM app to boot into recovery.
Now it hangs on the screen that with the samsung name and website. No way to get into recory.
I can get into downloading and ramdump mode, and tried both to connect to Kies for a emergeny firmware recovery, both keeps " connecting" to the phone.

Is there any way to fix what i just did?

Sent from ace on the end 4.0

vj1

Jun 29, 2011
Thanks for tutorial on how to root and unroot samsung galaxy ace.But when I tried to download odin and cooper_v1.0 files it appeared to be dead..so plzz can u give a working link.

MorfLFC

Mar 15, 2012
yes.. because update on sd card option wants your to rename the .zip file to update.zip.. its just the same..

Thanks it works!, Sorry about all the bother I've caused you :) .... Which Custom ROM would you now reccommend? There so much to choose from and I like Cynaogen but also beats audio....

When installing Custom ROM do I need to take out my sim card or anything?

trushers

Oct 26, 2011
Thanks it works!, Sorry about all the bother I've caused you :) .... Which Custom ROM would you now reccommend? There so much to choose from and I like Cynaogen but also beats audio....

When installing Custom ROM do I need to take out my sim card or anything?

nah.. its okay sir.. im noob also like u.. many here will help.. i cant recommend custom roms its because im not using one.. just try it your self.. they say.. try everything until it suits your taste.. installing a custom rom depende on the instructions itself.. try visiting the development section.. good luck on flashing.. :)

Reactions: MorfLFC

MorfLFC

Mar 15, 2012
nah.. its okay sir.. im noob also like u.. many here will help.. i cant recommend custom roms its because im not using one.. just try it your self.. they say.. try everything until it suits your taste.. installing a custom rom depende on the instructions itself.. try visiting the development section.. good luck on flashing.. :)

Thanks mate all the best!!

charlessxavier

Mar 18, 2012
Chennai
Google Pixel 7 Pro
E. Rooting for 2.3.3/2.3.4/2.3.5/2.3.6/2.3.7 (Thanks to russian forum-user with nickname may213) (if it doesn't work try D method):
1) Download attached file called upd_1.zip and copy it to your sdcard
2) Turn off your phone
3) Press POWER+HOME BUTTON
4) Select update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip
5) After the update completed - reboot
6) Now you have rooted S5830

!

could somebody clarify me, if this is a CF-root ?

I have rooted my phone using this method..

While flashing tweaks, the basic requirment seems to be CF root.. so as a noob am not sure if this is CF-root. plz somebody clarify

Ghost1391

May 13, 2011
Bangalore
hey i get this error while trying to root the phone r even when trying to install clockwork .............error in /tmp/sideload/package.zip (status 7) plz help ty version 2.3.6

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    [GUIDE] How to upgrade, root & flash Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830 [DOWNLOAD LINKS | CWM5]

Hey guys,
    in this tutorial I will show you how to upgrade and root your Samsung Galaxy Ace S5830. This method is the simplest way to do it.
    Shall not be liable for any resulting damage to your phone! Everything you do at your own risk!
    If you want to upgrade to newer version then Gingerbread I suggest you to make full procedure, not only flash recovery.
    WARNING
    If you don't understand what is root, ROM, phone, flash, CMD etc. watch this movie

You will need these files:
    • Brain
    • PC with Windows XP SP2 or later
    • Samsung Galaxy Ace GT-S5830
    • USB to Micro-USB cable
    • .Net Framework 2.0 or later
    • Android Software Development Kit (SDK)
    • Samsung Kies or Samsung Android USB Drivers
    • ODIN 4.38 + OPS
    • SuperOneClick (for 2.2> firmwares) or Universal Gingerbread Root or Unroot (for 2.3< firmwares)
    • ClockworkMod Recovery 5.0.2.6 (Fixed!)
    • New firmware
    • *Optional Custom ROM

Newest firmware:
    Release name: S5830DXKT7
    Release date: November 2012
    CSC: S5830OLBKT3
    Android Version: Gingerbread 2.3.6

DOWNLOADS
    Dropbox
    Google Drive

YouTube Tutorial
    Thanks to GadgetCheck!

A. Preparing your PC:
    1. Install .Net Framework 2.0
    2. Install Android SDK
    3. Download SDK Tools & Platform-tools in Android SDK
    4. Right click on Computer and select Properties
    5. Select Advanced System Settings then Advanced and Click the Environment Variables button.
    6. Click on the variable called 'Path' and then click on Edit. Now add the target directory to the value of the variable, using a semi-colon as a separator.
    7. Add system path to Android SDK and Android SDK Tools folders
      x86
      Code:
      C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk
      C:\Program Files\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
      x64
      Code:
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk
      C:\Program Files (x86)\Android\android-sdk\platform-tools
    8. Now your PC is ready!

B. Preparing your phone (only for 2.2.x users! If you only want to root your phone, go to step D, if your phone don't have root skip this steps):
    1. Install Samsung Kies
    2. Turn on your phone
    3. Enable Debugging at Apliccations>Programming
    4. Connect your phone into PC via cable
    5. Launch SuperOneClick
    6. Click "Unroot"
    7. Wait
    8. When the process is complete turn off SOC and unplug your phone
    9. Reboot to apply changes
    10. Now you have unrooted phone!
    C. Flashing the newest firmware:
    1. Turn off your phone
    2. Remove your SIM Card and SD Card
    3. Extract previously downloaded firmware
    4. Open ODIN 4.38 on your PC and change OPS file name to
      Code:
      Cooper_v1.0.ops
      • Select from extracted archive: OPS-OPS, Boot-APBOOT, Phone-MODEM, PDA-CODE, CSC-CSC (leave EFS and One Package empty)
      • If archive contains only <filename>.tar.md5 select it as PDA and OPS as OPS, leave other fields EMPTY
    5. Connect your phone via USB into PC
    6. When the screen is turned on hold POWER+VOLUME DOWN+HOME and wait until the phone enters the Download Mode
    7. If ODIN detected and recognized your phone should light up the first square to the left side
    8. Press "Start" button and wait, the process should take ~5 minutes
    9. If all goes well your phone should reboot automatically
    10. Square should change the color to blue and display "PASS" it means that flashing process was successful and we have the newest firmware
    11. Disconnect your phone
    12. Turn off your phone
    13. Insert your SIM Card and SD Card again
    14. Turn on your phone
    15. Now you have the newest firmware!

Da. Rooting for 2.2.1:
    1. Turn on your phone
    2. Enable Debugging at Apliccations>Programming
    3. Connect your phone into PC via cable
    4. Launch Super One Click 2.3.3
    5. Click "Root"
    6. Wait until the program will root your phone
    7. When the process is complete turn off SOC and unplug your phone
    8. Reboot
    9. Now you have root!

Db. Rooting for 2.3.x (NEW METHOD!):
    1. Download file called universal_gb_root_v25.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Turn off your phone
    3. Press POWER+HOME BUTTON
    4. Select update from sdcard, select the file universal_gb_root_v25.zip
    5. After the update completed - reboot
    6. Now you have rooted S5830

OPTIONAL Unrooting for 2.3.x:
    1. Download file called universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Turn off your phone
    4. Select update from sdcard, select the file universal_gb_unroot_v9.zip
    6. Now you have unrooted S5830[/QUOTE]
    OLD ROOTING METHOD FOR 2.3.x
    Rooting for 2.3.x (Thanks to russian forum-user with nickname may213) (if it doesn't work try D method):
    Code:
    upd_1.zip [URL="https://hotfile.com/dl/193725879/700f6be/upd_1.zip.html"]HotFile[/URL]
    1. Download file called upd_1.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Turn off your phone
    4. Select update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip
    6. Now you have rooted S5830

Unrooting for 2.3.x (Thanks to ingbrzy) (if it doesn't work try D method):
    Code:
    unroot.zip [URL="https://hotfile.com/dl/193725835/d31c709/unroot.zip.html"]HotFile[/URL]
    1. Download file called unroot.zip and copy it to your sdcard
    2. Turn off your phone
    4. Select update from sdcard, select the file unroot.zip
    6. Now you have unrooted S5830

E. Flash Custom Recovery:
    1. Put recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace.zip into SD Card
    2. Turn off your phone
    4. Select Update Zip From SD-Card option. [If you are on previous version of CWM recovery then you might need to select Install Zip From SD Card and then Choose Zip From SD Card Option simultaneously. ]
    5. Select recovery-clockwork-5.0.2.6-galaxyace.zip and flash it
    6. Reboot your device
    F*. Flash Custom ROM:
    1. Select Custom ROM
    2. Put Custom ROM .zip into SD Card
    3. Turn off your phone
    4. Press POWER+HOME BUTTON
    5. Wipe All
    6. Select "Install zip from sd card"
    7. Select "Choose zip"
    8. Select .zip with your Custom ROM
    9. Select "Yes"
    10. Reboot into system
    11. That's ALL!!!

Now you have the newest firmware and root and probably Custom ROM!
    Please don't send me messages on IM because i don't have much time to read it and reply. I've maded special thread for problems and issues: http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?p=22230605#post22230605
    If I helped you, click "Thanks" also you can vote it into main page, rate this thread or donate me :)

If you have problems with one of this steps post it in this thread I will try help you!
    I wait root for 2.3.3 for my galaxy ace O:)

Sent from my GT-I9000 using XDA App

Well, thanks to russian forum-user with nikname may213 you can root your Ace with Android 2.3.3 now, just follow this steps:

1. download attached file and copy it to your sdcard
    2. run in maintenance mode (power + middle button)
    3. update from sdcard, select the file upd_1.zip.
    4. after the update completed - reboot in normal mode.

Thats all - now you have rooted Ace with Android 2.3.3, and Superuser in your apps.
    Thank you, great post, it worked
    about to root mine.will let u know wat happens.
    What do you mean?
    about to root mine.will let u know wat happens.