Can't find OTA update

Search This thread

_J_L_

Feb 20, 2014
Hi! I've been trying to download the OTA update on my phone but it stays on:

"Checking for available update.
Please wait..."

Anyone knows why? My phone is rooted by the way and bootloder is unlocked. Please help.

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
When the device is rooted and is running stock ROM, the OTA updates are not working properly on most devices. For example, in my Galaxy Y, when I tried to install a new firmware it stopped during the installation and rebooted on the old firmware. Then it displayed the known s*** like "The installation was not succesfull. Please try installing the firmware using Kies".
Otherwise, if your device is running a Custom ROM, you can update to the newest version without a problem.

Sent from my GT-P3110 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

_J_L_

Feb 20, 2014
When the device is rooted and is running stock ROM, the OTA updates are not working properly on most devices. For example, in my Galaxy Y, when I tried to install a new firmware it stopped during the installation and rebooted on the old firmware. Then it displayed the known s*** like "The installation was not succesfull. Please try installing the firmware using Kies".
Otherwise, if your device is running a Custom ROM, you can update to the newest version without a problem.

Ok. Thanks for answering. What if I unroot the device? Is it possible the update works if I unroot the device?

Sent from my MB886 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
If you unroot your device, you will be able to install a new firmware on it. Are you using stock or custom ROM?

dimsar2013

May 20, 2013
Athens
OK then. The solution is on the post 5. Unroot the device, install the new firmware and you can root the phone again if you want.