[Q] I totally messed up my Unroot...HELP!

Search This thread

LandonJames7

Jun 5, 2014
Ok so first of all a disclaimer: This is my very first forum post in my life so excuse any unspoken rules that are not being followed. I took my phone to a phone nerd store and even he couldn't give me answers so he suggested this site where "the phone gods" are as he said. Also feel free to face palm during or after reading this issue because it too, was my first root and clearly I should not have....anyway step by step here is what I did and hopefully someone can tell me where to go from here.

I rooted my phone about a month ago. I am not familiar with flashing ROMs and what not so when the new KitKat came out I wanted to download it but didn't know how with my phone rooted. I looked up on YouTube how to unroot and go back to stock and there as a video for a "One click" unroot. So being unwise and an idiot, I downloaded it and it said unrooted, however it just deleted supersu and my phone no longer has root access however when I boot it up it still has the unlock logo and in recovery mode I get the green android with writing in the top left corner stating that ODIN mode is being ran. My issue is that ever since I did that, I can no longer log into any google apps such as playstore or even a google plus act..it just says there is a problem with the servers. Like I said before , I took it to someone who knew what they were doing and he said he would flash it back to stock unrooted, but during his troubleshooting, he said it kept failing and he didn't want to be responsible for messing it up further. If anyone can tell me what the hell I did so I don't make the same mistake again would be great, even greater if someone can walk me through how to get back to stock. I know this is a lot to ask, but like I said I have zero idea. From reading other posts, I will list all the info I have about my phone so that can be a starting point.

Verizon GS4
Model # I545
Android Version 4.3
MK2 Build
Kernel Version 3.4.0

Any info or ideas would be great! again, feel free to include what a dunce I am because I sure feel like one!

Thanks!

decaturbob

Mar 30, 2011
Decatur
Ok so first of all a disclaimer: This is my very first forum post in my life so excuse any unspoken rules that are not being followed. I took my phone to a phone nerd store and even he couldn't give me answers so he suggested this site where "the phone gods" are as he said. Also feel free to face palm during or after reading this issue because it too, was my first root and clearly I should not have....anyway step by step here is what I did and hopefully someone can tell me where to go from here.

I rooted my phone about a month ago. I am not familiar with flashing ROMs and what not so when the new KitKat came out I wanted to download it but didn't know how with my phone rooted. I looked up on YouTube how to unroot and go back to stock and there as a video for a "One click" unroot. So being unwise and an idiot, I downloaded it and it said unrooted, however it just deleted supersu and my phone no longer has root access however when I boot it up it still has the unlock logo and in recovery mode I get the green android with writing in the top left corner stating that ODIN mode is being ran. My issue is that ever since I did that, I can no longer log into any google apps such as playstore or even a google plus act..it just says there is a problem with the servers. Like I said before , I took it to someone who knew what they were doing and he said he would flash it back to stock unrooted, but during his troubleshooting, he said it kept failing and he didn't want to be responsible for messing it up further. If anyone can tell me what the hell I did so I don't make the same mistake again would be great, even greater if someone can walk me through how to get back to stock. I know this is a lot to ask, but like I said I have zero idea. From reading other posts, I will list all the info I have about my phone so that can be a starting point.

Verizon GS4
Model # I545
Android Version 4.3
MK2 Build
Kernel Version 3.4.0

Any info or ideas would be great! again, feel free to include what a dunce I am because I sure feel like one!

Thanks!

start here
http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=2606501

you will eventually need to understand odin as you will need to start with a clean mk2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Thanks man..I'm currently following the steps on the video, I downloaded ODIN and now the huge recovery file is downloading..ive gotten to this step before and the download kept failing so I will let you know how it goes.

Download everything to computer and check the md5 checksums

sent by bajarom v2.2 kitkat