[sgt]-[discussion room] CyanogenMOD 9.0 by te4m[MTD][4.0.4]

how many people want this thread for discussion ?

• Total voters
Search This thread

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
Since I never see this one mentioned... let me mention:
I use Perfect Keyboard, the only decent split keyboard for landscape use I've found so far. Very customizable.

Am I missing better options out there? I imagine you don't use Thumb Keyboard in landscape, right?

I think it is personal choice; what you like and works for you ;)

Thumb Keyboard is great for me and I use it both landscape and portrait. Landscape it splits for ease of use with thumbs, I guess that's why they call it thumb keyboard right :rolleyes: :D

--

Reactions: alroger

nisse14

Aug 17, 2010
I have read both this thread and the dev thread but I still don't seems to understand what I have to do to use the nightly build from get.cm/?device=p1. I got a GT-P1000 with stock 2.3.3, ie current version as updated by Samsung.

The instructions in the dev-thread says that I should download the zip-file onto the device, restart in recovery mode and simply flash it. Nothing else. But then there is also a lot of posts talking about flash a kernel. It seems non consistent?

Anyone care to make clear on what one has to do to get from stock 2.3.3 to update-cm-9-20120419-NIGHTLY-p1-signed.zip ?

Reactions: XwodahS

sdfv

Aug 21, 2010
Brisbane
I believe the newer vendor files are not up in the cm nightly builds.

Attached is a flashable zip.

Cheers worked for me, but GPS is still slow to connect
Gps was the only problem i was having and its nice to finally have a tablet OS instead of Phone OS

On another note is there a way to turn the lights off the screen touch buttons as i like to use ICS screen controls instead of the dedicated screen controls?

Thanks all

sbradymobile

Mar 1, 2011
Cheers worked for me, but GPS is still slow to connect
Gps was the only problem i was having and its nice to finally have a tablet OS instead of Phone OS

On another note is there a way to turn the lights off the screen touch buttons as i like to use ICS screen controls instead of the dedicated screen controls?

Thanks all

The disable capacitive button option was merged into the official release for both gsm and cdma versions. It will be under Settings > Advanced, look for it in the next nightly release. P.S. Gps should also be fixed in that release.

Reactions: sdfv and feroxxx

_Derk_

Apr 28, 2011
I have read both this thread and the dev thread but I still don't seems to understand what I have to do to use the nightly build from get.cm/?device=p1. I got a GT-P1000 with stock 2.3.3, ie current version as updated by Samsung.

The instructions in the dev-thread says that I should download the zip-file onto the device, restart in recovery mode and simply flash it. Nothing else. But then there is also a lot of posts talking about flash a kernel. It seems non consistent?

Anyone care to make clear on what one has to do to get from stock 2.3.3 to update-cm-9-20120419-NIGHTLY-p1-signed.zip ?

From Stock you have to flash Overcome 4.1 first before going to the nightly...

Bye,
Derk

Reactions: nisse14

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London

From Stock you have to flash Overcome 4.1 first before going to the nightly...

Bye,
Derk

Just follow the Overcome Guide as far as installing the Kernel, then simply install your chosen CM9 ROM.

--

Reactions: nisse14

sc.mohamad

Mar 26, 2012
bluetooth not work

pls Bt dont send & received any think but connect with btheadset and work fine !!!!
sorry, i flash ((update-cm-9-20120419-NIGHTLY-p1-signed)) rom

Last edited:

Beny The Kid

Nov 22, 2010
are sure? I just check this out and it is there. I m running sgt7 build.
under setting/system/performances

---------- Post added at 10:44 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:43 PM ----------

wel there is plenty of them, I use multiling keyboard lightweght and fully customizable and more... :rolleyes:

You sir were correct.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using xda premium

speedyg0nz

Dec 6, 2010
Sony Xperia 1 III
Just gave the new CM9 nightlies a shot (both update-cm-9-20120419 and update-cm-9-20120421). Have been on stock GB previously. I must say that CM9 has given my GSM Galaxy Tab a new life. Kudos to the devs for all the hard work put in.

No major complaints about the nightlies other than the automatic brightness not working. Is anyone else having the same problem? Or am I just missing out on some setting (already enabled Automatic Brightness under Settings > Display > Brightness)?

phlooke

Dec 18, 2011
London
Just tried out the nightly (update-cm-9-20120421-NIGHTLY-p1-signed.zip)

...now gone back to eauts build (update-cm-9.0.0-RC0-p1-eaut-2012-04-15)

Reasons:

• notifications drawer with wifi/sound/lockscreen etc toggles
  • ability to switch the clock/soft buttons from left to right

...funny how you get used to little details and cant get on without then :rolleyes:

LivnDream

Dec 26, 2011
Running Nightly update-cm-9-20120421-NIGHTLY-p1c-signed

auto brightness seems slow and unresponsive

in settings if i go into profiles and click far right to enable /disable

then touch accounts and sync i get message : Unfortunately , the process com.android.settings has stoped

sdfv

Aug 21, 2010
Brisbane
Just updated and turned off the buttons.. thanks for the heads up, GPS is still working but i got it working yesterday, thanks again

espionage724

Feb 8, 2010
wiki.realmofespionage.xyz
OnePlus 6
on the latest nightly update-cm-9-20120421-NIGHTLY-p1c-signed
also using the newest gapps-ics-20120317-signed.zip

usb tether works for me with pdanet setup on computer (win7) side

wireless hotspot also works

sprint sph-p100

Interesting, I'll give it a go in a few minutes :)

---------- Post added at 11:05 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:14 AM ----------

usb tether works for me with pdanet setup on computer (win7) side
ah, didn't read that pdanet part. I was talking about the native USB Tethering option (which still doesn't seem to work)

louser

Jan 2, 2008
Colorado Springs
Hi all,

I installed Nightly update-cm-9-20120421-NIGHTLY-p1c-signed and so far my only problem is im on GPRS instead of 3G/H. Ran Humberos ICS with 3G/H no problems. Forgot how slow GPRS is, anyone else have this problem?

Lou

gurudev32

May 2, 2011
Bengaluru
Guys, the CM nightly build has JPZ modem by default.

If you are on specific network, replace the modem.bin file within cwm zip file before you install it.

Choose your n/w specific modem!

People on windows, Use WINRAR or 7ZIP to open the file and just select add and browse the modem. It will be replaced.

Sent from my GT-P1000 using Tapatalk 2

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    CyanogenMOD 9.0 by TE4M NOW MTD!!!!!![4.0.4]

dear all,

this thread is created to seperate non development post inside the cm9 development thread and to keep it clean.

WHAT CAN BE POSTED HERE?
    -Related to cm9.0
    -problems during installation
    -Possibilities of bugs
    -All the noob questions

WHAT should not be posted?
    -thanks,thank you....
    -please do not report SAME BUG
    -Do not report if you are downloading new release (just download it and report bugs only)

CM9.0 THREAD
    http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1385153

HUMBEROS UPLOAD AREA
    http://www.humberos.com.br/p/android-ics.html

GREAT NOW WE HAVE OFFICIAL NIGHTLIES
    GSM- http://get.cm/?device=p1
    CDMA- http://get.cm/?device=p1c

PEOPLE BE CAREFUL!!!!! NOW BUILDS ARE MTD (FOR MORE INFORMATION LOOK AT POST 2)

hit thanks if i helped you
    OK, just updated the fix on github.

Flash SystemUIFlash.zip for the clock.
    PDroid Patched CM9 build

Ladies and Gentlemen.
    I've compiled a PDroid - Privacy Protection patched CM9 for whoever wants to try it. I was using it in CM7, but took this long for something to come out for CM9. Right now the only way to have PDroid working is patching the CM9 source and compiling it with PDroid support.
    It's in testing phase, but seems to work nicely already.

It's a dream come true for privacy - a way to block all those strange permissions that apps require, without breaking the app. Worth taking a look!

My build post for downloads: http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=24986629&postcount=756

Cheers!
    Installation guide

PEOPLE NOW BUILDS ARE MTD!! FILE SYSTEM BE CAREFULL

FOR INSTALLING MTD BUILD IT IS [MUST] COMPULSORY TO RESTOCK[ FOLLOW TILL STEP 3]

DONOT!!!!!! RESTORE ANY OTHER BUILDS ON MTD BUILDS

IF WANT TO GO BACK TO GB RESTOCK IS AGAIN NEEDED!!!

1)RESTOCK to gingerbread by following overcome method
    www.teamovercome.net
    2)flash the overcome kernel 4.0 to convert the system to ext4 from the above website
    3)DOWNLOAD ANY ANY BUILD [OFFICIAL NIGHTLY OR SOMEONE ELSE BUILD]
    4)copy the zip to tab and then reboot into recovery
    5)wipe data,cache and dalvik cache
    6) a) if MTD build once u flash them mtd zip it boots into mtd recovery and U HAVE TO FLASH THE ZIP AGAIN
    b) if NON MTD just flash the zip
    7)reboot!!!!
    Ics camera apk attached:D:D

Hit as many as thanks you can hit