[APP] Multi Window Manager 1.3.1

Search This thread

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com

HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO USE THIS

THIS APP REQUIRES JB 4.1.2 & ROOT ACCESS

If you don't want to root, or don't have JB 4.1.2, check out Multi Window Shortcuts

Samsung has added a new multi window feature to a few of their Jelly Bean devices. However...there is only a limited set of apps compatible with this new feature.
Using this Multi Window Manager, you can enable ANY app to take advantage of this awesome new feature.

Compatible with:
Note
Note 2
Note 10.1
GS3

Check out the Pro version for these additional features:
- Create shortcuts on your homescreen to open apps or web bookmarks in windowed mode
- Set custom window sizes for shortcuts
- Open multiple instances of some apps from shortcuts created through the app (This is limited by whether or not a particular app permits multiple instances...I've yet to find an internet browser that allows this, however there are many other useful apps that do allow it)
- Fast reboot...cuts reboot time to less than half that of a normal reboot. Phones (Note, Note 2, GS3) can apply changes with no reboot at all!
- Detect new app installs and either prompt to enable multi window, or enable it automatically.
- Backup and restore your enabled apps list

Big thanks to xperiacle for figuring this out and to thegios for the idea.

Donations
morkli
ddavtion

thegios
nrfitchett4
mattdb
aartvv
Darkman_RS
Mirkokkk
jedah
Tabfreak
bozoz
fmf.post

Thanks so much guys!

Donate

Get it from the Play Store

Get Pro Key

Last edited:

nrfitchett4

Oct 12, 2009
San Antonio
I'm confused. I thought this worked on 4.1.1 on the note 2 (multi window)
So it has to be 4.1.2?

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com
Last edited:
Reactions: nrfitchett4

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
So what ROMs are available running 4.1.2? Didn't think there was any...

for wifi only there's none :(
for wifi+3g there's the new German rom ;)

---------- Post added at 11:15 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:15 AM ----------

View attachment 1613010
Download

This app will allow you to easily manage what apps can be run in multi-window mode.

Sent from my GT-N8013 (4.1.2)

can you post here also the donate link?

Reactions: bjbinc

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
Sure...its in the OP

I get a strange error from paypal: maynbe broken link?

--

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

bjbinc

Mar 29, 2012
Glennville, Ga
play.google.com
I get a strange error from paypal: maynbe broken link?

--

Sorry — your last action could not be completed

If you were making a purchase or sending money, we recommend that you check both your PayPal account and your email for a transaction confirmation after 30 minutes.

If you came to this page from another website, please return to that site (don't use your browser's Back button) and restart your activity.

If you came from PayPal's website, click the PayPal logo in the upper-left corner to return to our home page and restart your activity. You might have to log in again.

Lol I messed up the link...thanks for sticking with it my man ;)

I updated the link in the OP

Reactions: fato65

TheSanitarium

Apr 14, 2006
Bursa
Does this work fully? Any bugs? Can I use this after flashing 'zip one' from the other multiwindow thread?

Sent from my MB860 using xda premium

I flashed zip one then installed multiwindow manager. It is working. Zip one makes all apps multiwindowed and by multiwindow manager I can select which multiwindowed apps are included in taskbar. Great combination.

Sent from my Note 10.1 (N8000)

thegios

Mar 16, 2006
Latina
I flashed zip one then installed multiwindow manager. It is working. Zip one makes all apps multiwindowed and by multiwindow manager I can select which multiwindowed apps are included in taskbar. Great combination.

Sent from my Note 10.1 (N8000)

guys one clarification: the multiwindow manager does not need at all the flashable zips
u can use the manager alone to have both features at the sme time: multiwindow + taskbar, on a per app basis

---------- Post added at 01:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:05 PM ----------

i don't have deodexed ROM to flash the zip file , can i use this app to enable multiwindow for all apps without flashing the zip

yes! u do not need the the zip.

root device, run the multiwindow manager, select the apps u want multi window, restart... bang! done!

no need to be de-odexed
no need to flash anything
only root is necessary

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

HIGHLY RECOMMEND WATCHING THE VIDEO TO SEE HOW TO USE THIS

THIS APP REQUIRES JB 4.1.2 & ROOT ACCESS

If you don't want to root, or don't have JB 4.1.2, check out Multi Window Shortcuts

Samsung has added a new multi window feature to a few of their Jelly Bean devices. However...there is only a limited set of apps compatible with this new feature.
    Using this Multi Window Manager, you can enable ANY app to take advantage of this awesome new feature.

Compatible with:
    Note
    Note 2
    Note 10.1
    GS3

Check out the Pro version for these additional features:
    - Create shortcuts on your homescreen to open apps or web bookmarks in windowed mode
    - Set custom window sizes for shortcuts
    - Open multiple instances of some apps from shortcuts created through the app (This is limited by whether or not a particular app permits multiple instances...I've yet to find an internet browser that allows this, however there are many other useful apps that do allow it)
    - Fast reboot...cuts reboot time to less than half that of a normal reboot. Phones (Note, Note 2, GS3) can apply changes with no reboot at all!
    - Detect new app installs and either prompt to enable multi window, or enable it automatically.
    - Backup and restore your enabled apps list

Donations
    morkli
    ddavtion

thegios
    nrfitchett4
    mattdb
    aartvv
    Darkman_RS
    Mirkokkk
    jedah
    Tabfreak
    bozoz
    fmf.post

Thanks so much guys!

Donate

Get it from the Play Store

Get Pro Key
    I just submitted version 1.2.9 to the Play Store.

- Customize the size of the windows opened from shortcuts (Pro)

Version 1.2.7 Submitted

I just submitted version 1.2.7 to the Play Store. It adds the ability to back up and restore your enabled apps list (Pro)

Updated again ;)

9i8Or.png

Update 1.1- Added icons to the list and streamlined the code under the hood a little bit.

LINK IN THE OP

Wow what a great app. Very handy and much easier than other methods. Would it be okay if I included this in my next release of redemption rom?

Are you kidding?! That would be awesome! :D
    Yes, multi-window manager app behaviour is a bit odd if you try to click on the actual tick selection box. Selecting the app line works fine.

Fixed...check OP for update.

Thanks for the great app! Now that i figured it out..

sent from my jelly bean infused note 10.1

Glad you got it working :). If you download the update...it will work as it should.