Chromecast Cast Screen Live

Search This thread

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
Can anyone tell me how to get rid of the cast screen tile in the quick settings menu? It's causing my quicksettings to act up. I checked gravity box but there was no option for mirror screening. Thanks.

I actually just saw what you were talking about on my N7. The notifications go down, then go back up halfway for a second. My N7 is unroooted. Not sure why it's happening either.

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
Same issue. Stock rooted with Xposed. Did you guys by chance ever install Koush's Mirror app (It pretty much enabled this functionality before Google flipped the switch)?
I did but I cleaned system and reflashed stock. I tried using it before on carbon and DU but I still got play services crashing.

VisionNN

Nov 1, 2010
Toronto
I actually just saw what you were talking about on my N7. The notifications go down, then go back up halfway for a second. My N7 is unroooted. Not sure why it's happening either.

Yeh, hopefully someone can figure it out. Theres been another thread opened about this, but it died pretty quickly. Guess no one really knows : /

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
I can't get mine to cast at all. I tap the quick setting tile and it tries to connect for half a second then a toast message pops up saying its failed to connect. I factory reset the chromecast and still nothing.

Sent from the jaws of my Hammerhead!

PsychDrummer

Nov 29, 2012
I can't get mine to cast at all. I tap the quick setting tile and it tries to connect for half a second then a toast message pops up saying its failed to connect. I factory reset the chromecast and still nothing.

Is it just the screen cast that doesn't work, or you can't cast anything to chromecast?

jpav80

Jun 11, 2010
Has anyone experienced some audio video sync issue with screen casting apps like xfinity TV go. I see some people have no issue. The audio appears to be about a half second behind even I reset phone and Chromecast for me. I am impressed with the video quality. I just having issues with audio delay.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Free mobile app

PDP///M

Nov 8, 2010
Same issue. Stock rooted with Xposed. Did you guys by chance ever install Koush's Mirror app (It pretty much enabled this functionality before Google flipped the switch)?

For the people getting the "play services has stopped" are you all running viper4android? I was having the same problem till i removed viper4android by dirty flashing my rom

Sent from my Nexus 5 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
For the people getting the "play services has stopped" are you all running viper4android? I was having the same problem till i removed viper4android by dirty flashing my rom

Screen cast works with viper4android installed in priv apps for me. On stock with xposed, franco kernel, and removed some useless system apps and casting still works. I had a problem with the multi-dpi google play store mod and decided to use a xposed module as an alternative.

PDP///M

Nov 8, 2010
Screen cast works with viper4android installed in priv apps for me. On stock with xposed, franco kernel, and removed some useless system apps and casting still works. I had a problem with the multi-dpi google play store mod and decided to use a xposed module as an alternative.

Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

DroneDoom

Nov 8, 2013
Which version of viper4android do you have installed? I'm on stock rooted and removing viper4android was the only thing I did to get mirroring to work.

I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...

Reactions: BTG-XCELL

PDP///M

Nov 8, 2010
I'm currently on 2.3.3.0 the thing about it though I installed it manually by moving the apk into priv apps instead flashing it in. Flashing anything that altered my system folder seemed to screw it all up, now that I remember...

I also had moved it to priv app but i think my problem was that I was using an older version. Thanks. I will try 2.3.3.0

BTG-XCELL

Mar 8, 2011

That did the trick! :good:

I had flashed V4A 2.3.3.0 so it would automatically put it into /system/priv-app and set the permissions to rw-r--r--.

Reflashed the stock 4.4.4 system.img and flashed SuperSU, then applied all my other mods manually (franco.Kernel, Xposed, Busybox, V4A, etc), and voila! Works perfectly now!

Thanks! :)

Reactions: DroneDoom

rohit25

Jun 12, 2012
Delhi
Google Pixel 2 XL
hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....

mrro82

Feb 17, 2011
New York
Google Pixel 6 Pro
hey.. has anyone noticed that the chromecast get's very hot when being used for an hour or two.... also when it's just simply connected but not being used.. it still get's considerably hot....
any ideas....
Mine gets warm but then again it always has. I got a few disconnects today when casting. It would freeze the picture and no sound. Then I'd get a toast message saying that casting had failed.

Top Liked Posts