Double dip case

Search This thread

UCFour

May 3, 2013
I am using double dip case.. flip one though.. for the past 14 months and i havent had single scratch on my phone cause of case
I think it completely depends on individual usage

Reactions: lopman

ButtSwag

Jan 21, 2013
Hi.
I was wondering if anyone have tried the official HTC double dip case(hard shell) with a full body protector for the m7 like this one
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B00BI3NL0E?pc_redir=1406928374&robot_redir=1

Since the double dip case scratches the phone. I was wondering if the full body protector prevent scratches and does the protector fit in the case or does it pill off.

Thanks

It wont fit, don't even try to put the double dip on if you have the full body protector on
You'll have a bad time trying to fix it

remusator

Jul 5, 2012
I just dont get it, why people want to use double dip case to avoid phone damage, and then to use some phone wrap to avoid damage being caused by double dip flip.
In my ears it sounds like: "I need to protect my phone from being damaged by phone protector" - absolutely nonsense.

Why are you doing this ? For resale value ? Your phone is already 1 year old (from release date), it will be worthless in another year. The battery in it will be damaged much more by using than actual case of the phone.

You have two options:
1, Forget about protection, buy cheapo pouch from ebay. When I use the phone, it shows all its glory, and I can "feel and see what I have paid for", and while i am not using, i put it in pouch and can toss it in my bag without worying, that it will be damagedl

2, If you tend to protect it at all costs, buy another case. I have Incipio Frequency, which was tough and soft enough not to damage your phone at the same time. Unfortunatelly, the case became a bit loose at volume rocker causing squeaking sounds. Then I just realized, what I am just trying to explain to you. Or, take UAG case - it is soft inside, and hard on the outside.

Same answer for official car holder, it's already almost snug fit. Putting wrap on the phone could cause unability to put phone in official car dock.

minty1978

Nov 27, 2005
Gloucester, UK
www.minty.org.uk
I had a double dip case, awful thing!
I found it really difficult to get it fitting correctly, with the volume buttons working. After I finally had it all working, I removed it after a couple of months to find the speaker grills blocked by fluff, and small scratches around the grills from where the dirt had been rubbing.

Avoid!

lopman

Jul 19, 2011
The only reason I'm interested in the case is because of its look. I can't find other cases with similar design.

remusator

Jul 5, 2012
If you go for look, check out UAG cases.
My absolute winner, although I don't know such case personally.
If I had to buy just one, it would definitely be uag.

tbvnz

Mar 8, 2009
I use this case all the time. Simply remove case daily, blow out dust. I also placed two pieces of electrical tape on the interior of the body portion of case where I noticed excess wear on phone. It works fine and also provides a snugger fit.

Sent from my HTC One using XDA Free mobile app

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    I am using double dip case.. flip one though.. for the past 14 months and i havent had single scratch on my phone cause of case
    I think it completely depends on individual usage