[Q] What can be done to recover from the MBM-flash mode? (Defy XT)

Search This thread

QuaziRandom

Sep 25, 2012
Bangalore
www.oxidification.com
Alright, I'm new around here. I searched around a lot on the forums, but didn't find a similar problem.
Phone model: Motorola Defy XT (XT535)
Carrier: It's GSM. So, it doesn't matter, does it?

I found many threads talking about the rooting process of Defy XT, and some of them did help me conduct it without problems. I did meddle around for some time after rooting; Eventually I thought I will change the stock ROM (GB - 2.3.7).

The problem is that, I couldn't find a tested (official/unofficial) ClockworkMod recovery for use with Defy XT. I could do with installing some Chinese release of ICS for Defy XT (SBF), but, I wanted to try CM10; it appeared more fascinating. So, anyway, I thought I could use Koushik's custom recovery build script on his website (builder.clockworkmod.com). So, I did the process of obtaining the stock "recovery.img", plugging it in that script, and obtained a new custom-built CWM. The real problem which I am not able to come out of is now - After flashing it, on the next reboot, it is going into the "MBM-flash mode", and it throws out an "error 0301", and doesn't go further than that. In this mode, I gathered that it will be able to communicate to a computer (RSD lite) over USB, and so, I installed it and was able to detect the device, but I'm not able to find out, what to do next to get it back to normal working condition.

Since that error screen I see now is basically a flashing tool, I was thinking, reflashing the recovery partition with the stock "recovery.img" (have a back up) should solve the problem. But, I'm not able to find out how to do it...

If there is anyone else who has faced a similar problem and found a solution, it would be really good of you to share it. Or, if there is anyone who knows how to work with RSD lite, could you suggest a method to flash the "recovery" section only through this software? (I'm guessing an XML file should be enough, but I don't know how to write it; format).

Hopefully I'll get speedy replies :) .

Srika

Mar 31, 2012
hyderabad
Alright, I'm new around here. I searched around a lot on the forums, but didn't find a similar problem.
Phone model: Motorola Defy XT (XT535)
Carrier: It's GSM. So, it doesn't matter, does it?

I found many threads talking about the rooting process of Defy XT, and some of them did help me conduct it without problems. I did meddle around for some time after rooting; Eventually I thought I will change the stock ROM (GB - 2.3.7).

hi i have faced same problem with my defyxt when i was testing cwm like you i got same error

the solution is just flash the sbf files by using rsd lite dats it bt you will lost your data

QuaziRandom

Sep 25, 2012
Bangalore
www.oxidification.com
I tried...

hi i have faced same problem with my defyxt when i was testing cwm like you i got same error

the solution is just flash the sbf files by using rsd lite dats it bt you will lost your data

Yes... I was trying since yesterday. I was thinking of making a custom SBF to flash the recovery partition with the original one, but seeing the responses on this thread, I decided to cut to the chase and flash it with the Chinese ICS instead (and lost all my data of course). I succeeded to get my phone back up and running, but now, I have nothing but the bare minimum on it. I am trying to root and it, and get all my required apps back.

I still would prefer getting CWM recovery on this. Will keep trying...

Last edited:

Srika

Mar 31, 2012
hyderabad
Yes... I was trying since yesterday. I was thinking of making a custom SBF to flash the recovery partition with the original one, but seeing the responses on this thread, I decided to cut to the chase and flash it with the Chinese ICS instead (and lost all my data of course). I succeeded to get my phone back up and running, but now, I have nothing but the bare minimum on it. I am trying to root and it, and get all my required apps back.

Yep i have succeded to extract our stock recovery image and stock kernal

I have tried to make a cwm by koush website script bt it showed me a fail

Reactions: amirkodi

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.

Yep i have succeded to extract our stock recovery image and stock kernal

I have tried to make a cwm by koush website script bt it showed me a fail