How do I remove the lock screen pin? (S3)

Search This thread

StephanBotha

Apr 18, 2012
Can anyone tell me how to add an administrator so I can disable and remove the pin lock I added to my lock screen?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda premium

kickassdave

Oct 2, 2010
Google Pixel 6 Pro
Xiaomi Pad 5 Pro
I take it you haven't yet flashed a custom rom or anything?

I set up a pin when I was drunk once and forgot it later on. Had to go in to recovery wipe data etc and reflash a ROM... that will work.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium HD app

delsus

Oct 23, 2011
Huawei MediaPad T5
Google Pixel 5
In android if you enter your password or pin (think it works with pin as well) wrong too many times it should ask you to log into your Google account then it will unlock and you can remove it.

StephanBotha

Apr 18, 2012
Hi guys

I know my pin but in the settings its not possible to diable it. Only options are to choose a different method like pattern swipe.
Still running stock Touchwiz for the S3

Darth_Wraith

Dec 18, 2012
Yes you can remove lock screen from menu

Ok, to all who have a galaxy S3: yes you can remove the pin lock screen through the menu! No flash this or reset that, it's a waste of your time! Your going to brick your phone with all that crap! Very easy, here goes:
1. settings
2. lock screen
3. screen lock (secured with pin)
4. enter your pin: if entered correctly this will bring up the screen lock menu
5. select your screen lock, (swipe, motion, face unlock, face & voice, pattern, pin, password, none)
6. choose what you want.
yes, it's that easy!
Googled for a couple days straight and found nothing like this. Was going through my phone when I just lucked out and figuired it out. Just wanted to give back to these forums for all the help they give me.

Andresetc

Aug 24, 2011
ok, to all who have a galaxy s3: Yes you can remove the pin lock screen through the menu! No flash this or reset that, it's a waste of your time! Your going to brick your phone with all that crap! Very easy, here goes:
1. Settings
2. Lock screen
3. Screen lock (secured with pin)
4. Enter your pin: If entered correctly this will bring up the screen lock menu
5. Select your screen lock, (swipe, motion, face unlock, face & voice, pattern, pin, password, none)
6. Choose what you want.
Yes, it's that easy!
Googled for a couple days straight and found nothing like this. Was going through my phone when i just lucked out and figuired it out. Just wanted to give back to these forums for all the help they give me.

finally someone with the correct answer !!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you d.w. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

eswarpublic

Feb 19, 2013
I did the same but, All options are disabled, only PIN & Password are enabled..

Ok, to all who have a galaxy S3: yes you can remove the pin lock screen through the menu! No flash this or reset that, it's a waste of your time! Your going to brick your phone with all that crap! Very easy, here goes:
1. settings
2. lock screen
5. select your screen lock, (swipe, motion, face unlock, face & voice, pattern, pin, password, none)
6. choose what you want.
yes, it's that easy!
Googled for a couple days straight and found nothing like this. Was going through my phone when I just lucked out and figuired it out. Just wanted to give back to these forums for all the help they give me.

I did the same but, All options are disabled, only PIN & Password are enabled. How do i enable them?

hansmeierxda

Jul 20, 2010
Graz
AW: How do I remove the lock screen pin? (S3)

Do you have an Exchange-Mailaccount (probably from your company)?

Had the same thing - the Exchange-account will set up a security policy which is defined from the network admin from your company. For example, this security policy may be a PIN with at least 6 digits, or you can't use a pattern to unlock etc. - depending on the IT security rules of your company.

But... There is a solution: remove exchange account and install Enhanced Email from Play store (costs a few bucks, but it's really worth it!). This email app will ignore any security policy from your exchange server! :) So you can set up your exchange account again in Enhanced Email, use your mail/calender etc. and you are able to remove the pin request in settings...

Hope this works for you!

brianm109

Apr 4, 2013
After trying all the possible solutions posted in this thread to no avail. I did find the solution. My sd card was encrypted. Once I unencrypted it I was able to turn off the screen lock pin. Thanks for all the help!

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Yes you can remove lock screen from menu

1. settings
    2. lock screen
    6. choose what you want.
    yes, it's that easy!
    Settings, security, clear credentials.

Happened to me when adding then removing an Exchange server.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk 2
    After trying all the possible solutions posted in this thread to no avail. I did find the solution. My sd card was encrypted. Once I unencrypted it I was able to turn off the screen lock pin. Thanks for all the help!
    I did the same but, All options are disabled, only PIN & Password are enabled. How do i enable them?

Did you try
    Settings -> Security -> Clear Credentials ?