SOAK Test

Search This thread

ericdabbs

Jun 28, 2007
Los Angeles
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.

Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.

JCSands1109

Oct 6, 2008
Why wouldn't it be ICS? The ICS update is due in Q3 and that is not too far away. What do they have left to fix in GB that is a showstopper? I am sure adding a new ICS baseline will probably fix a lot of problems and I assume the prerelease version of ICS will have bugs in it that need to be fixed.

Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!

willysp

Apr 6, 2010
I doubt it's ICS, but you never know. I'm hoping it'll enable 1080p video recording at least.

Why would it be anything except ICS? I don't know of course, but why would they bother with GB 2.3.5 when they said ICS in Q3? And the timing fits their Q3 statement - maybe even a bit earlier.

---------- Post added at 06:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:03 PM ----------

Not saying that it isn't, but Q3 is still about two months away. I agree that I can't see any fixes that are needed, but I'm just not getting my hopes up. The only enhancement I can see would be 1080p video recording, which as I understand can be enabled in the software, as the hardware supports it. I believe the Electrify already got this fix months ago. Anyway, hopefully we'll all know something sooner rather than later!

It would be quite a nice and pleasant surprise, wouldn't it, if a manufacturer released an update ahead of schedule? :)

DualSportDad

Apr 29, 2010
Cape Coral, Fl.
Do you think they will be honest about telling you whether or not you can unlock it before you install it?

My MoPho's in the kitchen sink!!

Yes I believe that they'd be honest about it... after all its my phone that they are wanting me to put their software on. But in all reality if I asked that question I wouldn't expect a response... but if I did get one I think it'd be a honest one.

Sent from my CM9'd Motorola Photon using Tapatalk

FernBch

Yeah, it's your phone and they want to put THEIR software on it to work on THEIR network. They'll be honest about it.........

EDIT:
Sorry but no cell provider is known for being forthcoming and having the customer's interests above their own I'll wait and see myself.

My MoPho's in the kitchen sink!!

Last edited:

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Seeing as how my bootloader isn't unlocked anyway, I'm not overly concerned.